Vape Recommendations

Hi all
Thanks again for the assistance - Ended up buying this jobbie. Fairly cheap and does what it needs to....

upload_2021-3-28_16-29-44.png

upload_2021-3-28_16-29-58.png

Hi All
Just a quick question...
The SMOK Nord 2 - Do I just need to replace the internal coils or do I need to replace the entire pod when the coil dies?

Thanks

Just the coil. You only ever need to replace the pod when it stops sealing properly (mostly the rubber stopper on the filling port wears down) or if you break it, etc.

Thanks
Why though do they give you 2 pods? Each with its own coil
Why not just one pod with the extra coil.
Is this just SMOK being nice or am I missing something?

Thanks
Why though do they give you 2 pods? Each with its own coil
Why not just one pod with the extra coil.
Is this just SMOK being nice or am I missing something?

It is one Nord Pod and One RPM Pod, they use different coils (Nord and RPM).

Thanks
I'm guessing they're not interchangeable....

They are different and are not cross compatible between the pods.

SMOK's idea was to give you one device that can run two different types of coils (with the two different pods) to give you a broader spectrum of coil choices and if a shop might have the Nord and not the RPM coils in stock you are not limited to what is available (or out of stock).

Best option is to get yourself one of each of the Nord and RPM options and give them all a try, then you decide which Nord and which RPM coil works best for you and stock up on both.

They are different and are not cross compatible between the pods.

SMOK's idea was to give you one device that can run two different types of coils (with the two different pods) to give you a broader spectrum of coil choices and if a shop might have the Nord and not the RPM coils in stock you are not limited to what is available (or out of stock).

Best option is to get yourself one of each of the Nord and RPM options and give them all a try, then you decide which Nord and which RPM coil works best for you and stock up on both.

Great - Thanks
So I'll have the option of MTL for stronger vapes and DTL for the lower nicotine range.

I think I want to get this..

Great - Thanks
So I'll have the option of MTL for stronger vapes and DTL for the lower nicotine range.

I think I want to get this..

Yes, MTL and DL are both achievable on the Nord 2 with both RPM and Nord coils. The device caters a bit more for MTL though due to its power limit, but you can get the just of DL on it as well (with the sacrifice of battery life).

Yes, MTL and DL are both achievable on the Nord 2 with both RPM and Nord coils. The device caters a bit more for MTL though due to its power limit, but you can get the just of DL on it as well (with the sacrifice of battery life).

Thanks for all your assistance - Helps a lot

Hi All
Sorry to resurrect this thread but a question regarding the Smok Nord 2
Is it generally safe to use the 0.8 ohm MTL coil with high nicotine juice (6mg +) - Considering that 0.8 ohm is sub ohm (as far as I know).
I'm enjoying the Smok Vape Pen 22 with the 3mg juice that I bought with it but I'm not getting that full satisfaction that I crave. I don't care too much about the clouds.

Thanks

If it's freebase juice (i.e. NOT nic salts) it doesn't matter which ohm coil you use from a safety point of view. The deciding factor will be if it's comfortable on the throat. I know someone who vapes 18mg with a 0.6ohm coil and he's comfortable with that.

It's only nic salts where one should use a coil higher than 1.0ohm (preferably 12W but no higher than 15W)/

I vape just over 1ohm with Nic salts and 20w, it's strong but I enjoy it in the mornings. I have built lower .5 and .75 ohms with salts and its really weird, your throat itches like crazy, burns your nostrils even. Why did I build lower? I have trust issues and needed to find out if there really is a difference.

Back