ECIGSSA Donor
VIP
LV

Awards
VapeCon 2019 - SPOT THE ADVERTISING COMPETITION
WIN FREE VAPECON TICKETS!

VapeCon logo Transparent background - 300 by 300.jpg

Good morning all

In order to generate some awareness of the amazing advertising campaign we have planned for VapeCon 2019, we have decided to run a competition.

The campaign kicks off on 1 August and will run for the whole month up to the event itself.

You need to go out and look for the VapeCon adverts. Then take a photo of the advert with your vape in the picture and post it here. We will do 3 random draws from the various posts and the winner will receive two VapeCon weekend pass tickets.

Let's see how good you are at finding our adverts. Or shall we say, lets see how good we are at placing the adverts in places where they will be seen - lol.

At this stage, we are not going to tell you where the adverts are. Let's just say there are several positions, they are large and will look amazing. If you see one out in the wild we hope you will be impressed. We may drop clues over time but for now we are saying nothing :D

The positions of the adverts are changing over the course of the month so there's a lot to look out for and we want to see your photos. Be creative. Let's have some fun!

How to Win
  • Find a VapeCon advert while you are out and about
  • Take a photo of the advert with your vape in the picture
    • We need your vape in the picture to personalise it so we know it's your photo and not someone else's. All photos need to be unique
  • Post the picture in this thread and tell us:
    • where you saw the advert and
    • what you're looking forward to at VapeCon 2019
  • Tag 2 friends

The Prize

We will do 3 draws between now and VapeCon, roughly a week apart. In each draw, eligible entries will be put into the randomiser and the winner will be announced. The winner will contact me via PM to get their prize.

The prize for each draw will be 2 weekend pass tickets to VapeCon 2019.

Other Platforms

We are running this competition here on ECIGSSA, on FaceBook and Instagram. Three separate competitions. Each will have the same 3 draws. You can enter on all three and will be eligible to win. However, if someone wins a particular draw on one platform, in the spirit of sharing, we won't let that same person win on other platforms for that same draw.

Competition Rules
  • Only valid entries will be considered for each draw. (Photo of the advert with your vape in it, location, what you're looking forward to at VapeCon 2019 and tag 2 friends.)
  • There will be three draws - roughly a week apart. The competition will start on 1 August and the final draw is anticipated to take place around 23 August.
  • Winners will be announced when each draw is done.
  • Everyone is welcome to participate in the spirit of this competition however members of the Admin and Mod Team (that know the locations of these adverts) will not be eligible to win.
  • You may enter as many times as you like, but only 1 entry per person per advert location. You can't post 20 entries of the same advert. If you spot different advert locations, you can enter those for eligible entries.
  • You can enter on all the platforms (ECIGSSA, FaceBook, Instagram) but can only win a particular draw on one platform.
Most importantly, we will see you at VapeCon 2019 at Heartfelt Arena, Pretoria on Saturday 31 August and Sunday 1 September 2019!

Venue 1200 by 518 4_DSCF8659-PanoHR.jpg

Last edited:
Will be keeping an eye out

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Wow, check out our production team - they have turned the above into a poster...

Great work !

Competition4.png

Last edited:
Come on guys and girls

You need to go out and look for the advertising :)

This was today in Johannesburg. Not being more specific than that. Pic was taken from my car.

Notice the vape in the picture, my out and about Subtank Mini that many of you will know ;-)

For a valid entry I would have to include the following:
  • Where I saw it - I am not going to say that ;-)
  • What I'm looking forward to at VapeCon 2019 - meeting all the people again and having a great vaping weekend.
  • Tag 2 friends - @Rob Fisher , @Christos

963bb8c73d3f2749222c25769ea6f50c.jpg

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! We are going to have a good time! I can't wait! Bazinga!
ChickenDinner1.jpg

Come on guys and girls

You need to go out and look for the advertising :)

This was today in Johannesburg. Not being more specific than that. Pic was taken from my car.

Notice the vape in the picture, my out and about Subtank Mini that many of you will know ;-)

For a valid entry I would have to include the following:
  • Where I saw it - I am not going to say that ;-)
  • What I'm looking forward to at VapeCon 2019 - meeting all the people again and having a great vaping weekend.
  • Tag 2 friends - @Rob Fisher , @Christos

963bb8c73d3f2749222c25769ea6f50c.jpg

@Silver WOW! That poster looks fantastic!!

@Silver WOW! That poster looks fantastic!!

Thank you @Hooked !
It certainly does look fantastic - once again the team doing the designs have done a great job!
We are pleased and I hope these efforts will attract more attendees to VapeCon, not just the enthusiastic vapers. We would like to get more smokers attending VapeCon so they can get help on switching to vaping.

Come on folks - show us your sightings of the VapeCon advertising...

(Remember to personalise your photo with your vape in it)

We going to give you a clue.
One of the advertising methods is a trailer.
  • It's moving every week...
  • 4 locations during the month of August
Here's where it was for the first week of August:

PHOTO-2019-07-31-14-44-31.jpg
That was on Malibongwe Drive - approx 300m north of President Fouche Dr.

HOW COOL IS THAT! ?
Design team have done such a great job :inlove:

The trailer is currently somewhere else...
See if you can find it
:D

I would have thought that Centurion should be one of your biggest target markets as its big and so close to the venue. I work everyday up and down in Centurion and havent seen any advertising. Even drove past Heartfelt arena the other day and did not see any advertising

I would have thought that Centurion should be one of your biggest target markets as its big and so close to the venue. I work everyday up and down in Centurion and havent seen any advertising. Even drove past Heartfelt arena the other day and did not see any advertising

You are right @Jean claude Vaaldamme - Centurion is a great place for advertising.

More clues....

One location currently running is in an area that starts with a "W" and opposite a company that starts with a "N"

There is another location running at the moment too - but wont say where. Not in Centurion but closer to the venue...

F99DEAE9-8E28-48BA-AA32-F6393CC47D9A.jpeg
@BellaBum @vicTor

Thanks for the clue @Silver!

That’s my wife’s “pink” setup with your mobile trailer in background. In Woodmead, on Woodmead Drive opposite Nissan.

Really looking forward to meeting forum members at VapeCon. And definitely sampling new juices! Having all these vendors in one place might save me a small fortune in courier fees as well.

View attachment 174881
@BellaBum @vicTor

Thanks for the clue @Silver!

That’s my wife’s “pink” setup with your mobile trailer in background. In the “W” suburb. Do you want me to post area?

Really looking forward to meeting forum members at VapeCon. And definitely sampling new juices! Having all these vendors in one place might save me a small fortune in courier fees as well.

Thanks @Asterix
Yes, please post where you saw it for a valid entry !

Took a drive to woodmead quick as i work down woodlands drive to partake! Whoop!

Just one thing, going down woodmead drive, driving towards sunninghill, the advert is blocked/obstructed with all the small trees and isnt very visable, so perhaps move it a bit up the road or place it on the other side to get better exposure...

IMG_20190816_095153.jpg IMG_20190816_095219.jpg

Very much looking forward to vapecon as last year was my first and enjoyed it so much! Meeting new people, putting forum names to faces and one thing is forsure, this year i will go with an RDA instead of a RTA cause i want to test way more juice!! The giveaways from the stage is always great and then offcoure im looking forward to the DIY contest!!

@Juan_G @Chanelr

You are right @Jean claude Vaaldamme - Centurion is a great place for advertising.

More clues....

One location currently running is in an area that starts with a "W" and opposite a company that starts with a "N"

There is another location running at the moment too - but wont say where. Not in Centurion but closer to the venue...
I checked Nando's Wierdapark but only vapor was from the hot chickens
NG kerk the dominee said vaping is from the devil so I did not go in to check

Took a drive to woodmead quick as i work down woodlands drive to partake! Whoop!

Just one thing, going down woodmead drive, driving towards sunninghill, the advert is blocked/obstructed with all the small trees and isnt very visable, so perhaps move it a bit up the road or place it on the other side to get better exposure...

View attachment 174925 View attachment 174926

Very much looking forward to vapecon as last year was my first and enjoyed it so much! Meeting new people, putting forum names to faces and one thing is forsure, this year i will go with an RDA instead of a RTA cause i want to test way more juice!! The giveaways from the stage is always great and then offcoure im looking forward to the DIY contest!!

@Juan_G @Chanelr

Thanks for the feedback @StompieZA
Will feed it back to the trailer guys!
Much appreciated

Looking forward to seeing you at VapeCon!!

Hopefully this year i get to meet you!

Just come find me - things get quite hectic on the Saturday - but on Sunday its usually quieter after lunch

That's when I can properly enjoy VapeCon and walk around without worrying if everything is ok.

Back