Vaperwood (Touchwood clone)

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
P1080956.jpg

First look for now.

The mod i quite light, well you can expect that it is made from real wood. It fit really snug in the hand. I will do a proper review after a week or so of use.

If there are some ppl that is interested to buy one of these, i can start a group buy. They go for about $22 exclusion shipping

Looking at the Vaperwood more closely.

P1080983.jpg

This is a straight forward mechanical mod, meaning there is no electronic components and battery protection inside. You just get the raw power of the battery. The version i got have a plastic button cap, there were some people saying that the button gets hot with chain vapig so they changed it.

P1080970.jpg

The top and the bottom is plated brass and as you can see it is quite a fingerprint magnet.

P1080973.jpg

Looking at the top cover from underneath, you will see that you get an adjustable 510 screw both the 510 and the button have a copper spring surrounding them. The button push is not to tight and quite pleasant

P1080978.jpg

Moving to the main body there is not much to as it is with Mechanical mods :) On the side were the battery sits you get two vent holes.

The wood work on this looks like it was stained to give a more red look, i might be wrong. All in all the wood finish is well done

P1080979.jpg

Moving to the bottom you get the battery compartment and the hole for the screw that keeps the battery cover in place

P1080975.jpg

The bottom cap again is plated brass with a copper spring surrounding the screw that keeps it down.

P1080981.jpg

The view from the bottom with the bottom cap on

P1080985.jpg

Inserting the battery is just a matter of sliding the bottom cap to the side and insert the battery. They go possessive to the bottom and the negative against the spring at the top. Just please be careful, this is a full mechanical mod, use good batteries in this.

P1080982.jpg

Just for size comparison. The Vaperwood next to a 18650 battery. You also get a 18350 version

Update: It seems like some of the clones have a floating center pin, to reset watch this review and skip to 5:00 to see how to reset the pin.

Usage update and final thought:

I did find two things that might be a negative to some people

On the top cap you get some condensation from the hot atomizer and the cold top cap.

P1090003.jpg

If you use the Vaperwood like me, you might find that the bottom metal can be a bit sharp

P1090004.jpg

Using it like that, your little finger tends to push the battery compartment slightly open and you have to close it again.
P1090005.jpg

Final thought

When i first started using the Vaperwood i thought i will just do the review and let this go to the classifieds. Well i got a surprise, with the ergonomic shape and great look i found myself grabbing for this above my Sigelei to have a vape and the Sigelei just had to look on wile i started to fall in love with this.
At the moment i have a 1.2 ohm coil in it and she is purring like a kitten. I did try a 0.9 ohm just to see if it heats up the top cap but no go, she handles very nice. I did not go lower than that.
I thought the bigger 18650 will be little big but it is sitting very snug in my average hands. The Vaperwood is a keeper in my books and for the price you cant go wrong

This is what happens if you run low ohm coils

P1090051.jpg

Last edited:
Looks great from what I can see. See you have it under "Electronic Mods"?

Is this the same mod sirvape has?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

@kimbo Nice review there mate. Like you I'm really happy with this little sucker. No powerhouse but looks good, feels good and vapes good.

So @kimbo do you think running a 0.5 ohm in there will work fine?

I really dont know, remember this is not to see how low you can go. This is more to have a functional looker on your table :)

I dont know how @Sir Vape feel, but everyone that sees me with the Vaperwood wants to know more about what i have in my hand.

I really dont know, remember this is not to see how low you can go. This is more to have a functional looker on your table :)

I dont know how @Sir Vape feel, but everyone that sees me with the Vaperwood wants to know more about what i have in my hand.
I don't need a nice looking mech if i cant vape the way that i enjoy to vape.

Look I have gone 0,8 but I wouldn't recommend it and have since stuck to the advised 1,2. I love it and at 0,5ohm your going to have hassles. It's not designed for that but is an awesome looker and vapes well. Like I said it's a chilled vape and nice little collectors piece 8--)

Back