Vaperwood (Touchwood clone)

I spoke to the manufacturer of the Vaperwood and they are looking at replacing the springs with gold plated springs and the 510 silver plated. Photo of collapsed spring in OP

I decided to remove the silver plating from all of the contact points in a effort to get the Vaperwood to perform more in line with what is used to from a mech mod. I took the Dremel and took of the plating from the bottom cap where the possessive of the battery is, also on the 510 possessive pin. I must say this makes a big deference. Just a word of caution, the copper springs in the mod seem not to be able to handle lower ohms, in my case 0.8 ohm but the recommended 1.2ohm and up is good and the performance if a lot better.

@Genosmate had the same result when i removed the plating, performing better :)

P1090096.jpg

Heres what I did.
First I used a dremel to take off the + symbol on the inside of the base cap (mistake).The + symbol is nowhere near where the + of the battery hits the bottom plate (you'll see scribe lines on the plate,these are made by the battery +)and I should have known that a bit of 500 grit,some water and a couple of minutes would have taken it off far better,I did this afterwards.
IMG_0160.jpg

Next I polished off the plating on the ends of the firing switch and the atty connector (green arrows) whilst I had the springs off I also polished the shoulders (under the springs).Easy enough just put it in the chuck of a drill or battery drill spin it up and hold the 500 grit to the surface.Also polish off the plating on the other end of the connector which hits the atty when its connected.
P1080973.jpg
In the next photo you can see the end of the rod which gets the other side of the power up to the top cap(atty).Imo this is one of the big culprits along with the chrome plating everywhere in the poor performance of this mod.Can't get this out to replace it so just had to make do with polishing the plating off where indicated,I used a dremel but you could do it with 500 grit and patience.
P1080978.jpg
Last I polished off the plating on the screw thats holds the bottom cap.
P1080975.jpg

Can't imo do much more to improve the performance of this mod.
If the screws that held on the end caps were countersunk and not some fancy shoulder screw then I'd polish off the plating in the countersinking and replace the screws with brass.
Still will have the problem of the physical connection between the outside of the atty and the top cap and thats not easy to get out and will probably break.
Also the rod which gets power up to the top cap won't come out.
imo 10mins worth of polishing some surfaces has greatly improved the mods performance,you don't have to break anything or use fancy tools and its appearance remains unaltered.IMO as standard this thing is next to useless it would hardly fire a kayfun or a pt3 now at least its useable.
I would imagine the 18350 would be a very nice little stealth mod.
Thanks to @kimbo for sharing what he did with me and letting me put this in his thread.
I should have added the photos (with the exception of the polished bottom cap are of @kimbos mod not mine,I used them because they are better quality than I take.

Back