Vaping Gamers

Playing guild wars 2 and battlefield 4 =D

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Just finished a little project on my PC :D

Decided to watercool my CPU using an AIO cooler from corsair... then yesterday, decided to watercool my GTX970 with the corsair HG10 bracket + h75 water cooler...

It was meant to be a straight, remove old gpu cooler, install bracket, mount radiator and BOOM! However, i ended up having to dremel and drill the bracket to get it flush!!!

core i5 4690K @ 4.9Ghz (1.2V) idling at 28 degrees and sitting at 70 degrees under full load in prime95 with a Corsair H110i GT cooler
EVGA GTX970 SC iding at 24 degrees, sitting at 47 degrees under load in benchmarks and gaming with a Horsair H75 cooler/bracket
8Gb ADATA DDR3 24000Mhz Ram
Samsung Evo 120Gb SSD (need to upgrade to something bigger)
MSI Krait Edition z97 mobo
CoolerMaster Stryker Chasis (All fans replaced for corsair SP models 120mm/140mm)
corsair TX650 psu (old, but gold!)

Need some advice . Do any of you guys use a PS3 controller for PC gaming. If so , can you tell me how ?

I've used the controller through motioninjoy software but its very glitchy . Is there anything else I can use to get it working.

I've heard that the xbox 360 controller works like a treat but would rather buy it only as a last resort

Hey @Khan83 - i use an application called input mapper to use my PS3 and ps4 controllers on my pc. It does have some ads in it, but is free and stable (most of the time).

Just finished a little project on my PC :D

Decided to watercool my CPU using an AIO cooler from corsair... then yesterday, decided to watercool my GTX970 with the corsair HG10 bracket + h75 water cooler...

It was meant to be a straight, remove old gpu cooler, install bracket, mount radiator and BOOM! However, i ended up having to dremel and drill the bracket to get it flush!!!

core i5 4690K @ 4.9Ghz (1.2V) idling at 28 degrees and sitting at 70 degrees under full load in prime95 with a Corsair H110i GT cooler
EVGA GTX970 SC iding at 24 degrees, sitting at 47 degrees under load in benchmarks and gaming with a Horsair H75 cooler/bracket
8Gb ADATA DDR3 24000Mhz Ram
Samsung Evo 120Gb SSD (need to upgrade to something bigger)
MSI Krait Edition z97 mobo
CoolerMaster Stryker Chasis (All fans replaced for corsair SP models 120mm/140mm)
corsair TX650 psu (old, but gold!)
Wow. Epic build right there. Post some pics

Lol... I agree.
But the PS4 controller is a piece of shit. Mine is ruined, and I'm gentle with controllers.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Sorry m8, don't agree there. I have had consoles since Sega Megadrive, and the 4's controller is the best, upgrade to a scuf controller, and you have the best shooter interface around. I always have at least 4 controllers, for each genre of gaming I like, as I mod my controllers with kontrolfreaks add on's, they are all uniquely suited for my different game styles. I also see controllers as consumers, like tyres on a car. My 2 most used controllers get replaced every 12 months - which is probably about 300-400 hours each.

Sorry m8, don't agree there. I have had consoles since Sega Megadrive, and the 4's controller is the best, upgrade to a scuf controller, and you have the best shooter interface around. I always have at least 4 controllers, for each genre of gaming I like, as I mod my controllers with kontrolfreaks add on's, they are all uniquely suited for my different game styles. I also see controllers as consumers, like tyres on a car. My 2 most used controllers get replaced every 12 months - which is probably about 300-400 hours each.
No no, I mean I know it's a great design. But a year later, my trigger button is scewed, and the rubbers are stuffed. It's their build quality that is not great.

My 360, PS3, 2,1 controllers all hundreds after 3 years, nevermind 1.

I reckon my 16-bit controllers took more of beating, and worked till the next generation.

I do love Scuff, so I'll give them a bash.

No no, I mean I know it's a great design. But a year later, my trigger button is scewed, and the rubbers are stuffed. It's their build quality that is not great.

I reckon my 16-bit controllers took more of beating, and worked till the next generation.

If you rough on your buttons, upgrade them to alu buttons, truly bulletproof, you can bash away to your heart delight :D

But keep in mind, a high end scuff controller will set you back the price of 3 or 4 DS controllers. Also alu mods are really expensive

Wow. Epic build right there. Post some pics

I'm generally more interested in people's builds than I am in what they're playing. Here's what I built last October.

E-haswell i7 5930k
nvidia GTX 980ti HOF Edition
Asus X-99 deluxe mobo
Creative Soundblaster ZX
Corsair 110i cpu water cooling
SuperFlower 750w fully modular PSU
16gb DDR4 G-skill Ripjaws @2666
Samsung Evo 250gb SSD
4x Seagate 3tb HD's
Corsair Graphite 780T White.

It does the job.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm generally more interested in people's builds than I am in what they're playing. Here's what I built last October.

E-haswell i7 5930k
Asus X-99 deluxe mobo
Creative Soundblaster ZX
Samsung Evo 250gb SSD
4x Seagate 3tb HD's

It does the job.
View attachment 49282
Damn neat build, have the same case, did not like the Obsidian, also my "passion' alongside vaping, I purchase all my hardware from Quietpc in the UK, fantastic service from them and UPS, the more extreme cooling hardware from Performance-PC in Florida, USA, again fantastic service, after exchanging an e-mail or two, order placed, just be patient waiting for the order(s) to arrive.

Damn neat build, have the same case, did not like the Obsidian, also my "passion' alongside vaping, I purchase all my hardware from Quietpc in the UK, fantastic service from them and UPS, the more extreme cooling hardware from Performance-PC in Florida, USA, again fantastic service, after exchanging an e-mail or two, order placed, just be patient waiting for the order(s) to arrive.

I buy everything from www.wootware.co.za . I find their prices are generally untouchable in S.A. But more importantly, they are honest. They will happily tell you that a specific component is reaching into the realms of overkill, and they'll tell you that to the detriment of their bottom line profit margin. Doing that, you'll save ME money in the short term, but you know that in the long haul, I'll keep coming back to you.

Honesty goes a looooooooooong way. There are a few vape vendors that could learn a valuable lesson with that criteria. Stop looking at me as the one off BIG sale, and look at me as a potential customer for life. You'll make a helluva lot more money off me that way.

I buy everything from www.wootware.co.za . I find their prices are generally untouchable in S.A. But more importantly, they are honest. They will happily tell you that a specific component is reaching into the realms of overkill, and they'll tell you that to the detriment of their bottom line profit margin. Doing that, you'll save ME money in the short term, but you know that in the long haul, I'll keep coming back to you.

Honesty goes a looooooooooong way. There are a few vape vendors that could learn a valuable lesson with that criteria. Stop looking at me as the one off BIG sale, and look at me as a potential customer for life. You'll make a helluva lot more money off me that way.
Amen brother

E-haswell i7 5930k
Asus X-99 deluxe mobo
Creative Soundblaster ZX
Samsung Evo 250gb SSD
4x Seagate 3tb HD's

It does the job.
View attachment 49282

Your monster, is monster.

I would love a 980ti - but waiting for nvidia to release PASCAL this year and either move to that our pickup a cheaper 980ti and sell my 970!

Your monster, is monster.

I would love a 980ti - but waiting for nvidia to release PASCAL this year and either move to that our pickup a cheaper 980ti and sell my 970!

Thanks!

Yeah, the 980ti is pretty sweet, and I'm hoping for about a year and a half to two years of higher quality gaming with it. After that, I might buy another and run SLI. Or perhaps totally swap out.

Yeah the ps4 controllers have a flaw in the stick and R2 button especially - the sticks grips wear out fast and the R2 button caves in - had this happen twice and there's tons of complaints about it online ;-(

Thanks!

Yeah, the 980ti is pretty sweet, and I'm hoping for about a year and a half to two years of higher quality gaming with it. After that, I might buy another and run SLI. Or perhaps totally swap out.

I have a mate running them in SLI (980ti) and they perform fantastically!. If Pascal has the 25% increase on maxwell, I am keen to see what is coming... I heard, they might be released with DDRx5 instead of their HBM which will be a disappointment - hopefully, that is just a rumour.

Yeah the ps4 controllers have a flaw in the stick and R2 button especially - the sticks grips wear out fast and the R2 button caves in - had this happen twice and there's tons of complaints about it online ;-(
Exactly my issue.

This is why I'm looking at a different brand now.

I reviewed some Gioteck equipment in the past, and they're pretty good. Well priced too. If they have a PS4 controller, I'd look at that.

Exactly my issue.

This is why I'm looking at a different brand now.

I reviewed some Gioteck equipment in the past, and they're pretty good. Well priced too. If they have a PS4 controller, I'd look at that.

You guys are just rough :p

Love the DS controllers, and have always run kontrol freaks, with the added height, you shouldn't get the stick collapsing as you don't need much pressure to activate L3 and R3, but in saying that I have seen some well molested controllers, even with KF's

I'm not into gaming at all. I use regular notebooks and macbooks with no special hardware. The only game I have really played was MS Flight Simulator many years ago. Recently I have been trying to find it, but I believe it is now available on a gaming platform called Steam. I have never heard of this, is it legit and safe and does it require any special hardware? Also, are there any other similar flight sims that are just as good or better? I want to purchase the game officially whichever it is, but I'm getting a bit confused as there are a few retailers selling the older MS Flight Sim but I want a version with all the latest aircraft etc.. If there are any Flight Sim fans here, I would appreciate your advice..

I'm not into gaming at all. I use regular notebooks and macbooks with no special hardware. The only game I have really played was MS Flight Simulator many years ago. Recently I have been trying to find it, but I believe it is now available on a gaming platform called Steam. I have never heard of this, is it legit and safe and does it require any special hardware? Also, are there any other similar flight sims that are just as good or better? I want to purchase the game officially whichever it is, but I'm getting a bit confused as there are a few retailers selling the older MS Flight Sim but I want a version with all the latest aircraft etc.. If there are any Flight Sim fans here, I would appreciate your advice..

steam is totally safe and legit, use without fear ;-)

Back