Vaping With Diabetes

Just thought of something, @Nightwalker are you drinking a lot of fresh water? Seeing as you are vaping mostly high VG you should be getting a lot of water in, the headaches could very well be dehydration.

No doctor here, either, and only have my own anecdotal evidence, but since switching to vaping, my blood pressure has dropped 15 points. That would seem to indicate that although nicotine is a vasoconstrictor (which would increase BP), the other benefits of not smoking outweigh that.

I also agree that dehydration might be a contributor to the headaches.

Also, because your glucose levels are both high and low yet you vape consistently (I assume), the vaping doesn't seem like it's controlling the levels.

Really hope you can get this under control right quick, brother.

Howzit

Ive recently been diagnosed with high blood sugar and need to drastically cut down on my sugar intake
Anyone know if the sweetness in juices might cause spikes or issues with blood sugar? Ive done some searching on the net and there are both people saying that it does and does not

My doc doesnt have a clue, she hates any form of vaping/smoking and basically wants to punch me if i even mention vape

Howzit

Ive recently been diagnosed with high blood sugar and need to drastically cut down on my sugar intake
Anyone know if the sweetness in juices might cause spikes or issues with blood sugar? Ive done some searching on the net and there are both people saying that it does and does not

My doc doesnt have a clue, she hates any form of vaping/smoking and basically wants to punch me if if i even mention vape

Been there and got that t-shirt as well @SmokeyJoe... only difference is it's not my Doctor it's my wife who is a nursing sister... My doctor is pretty happy with my transformation since giving up smoking 3 years ago... based on my experience (and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic) I don't believe the juice I vape has any affect on my blood sugar level!

Been there and got that t-shirt as well @SmokeyJoe... only difference is it's not my Doctor it's my wife who is a nursing sister... My doctor is pretty happy with my transformation since giving up smoking 3 years ago... based on my experience (and I'm a Type 2 Diabetic) I don't believe the juice I vape has any affect on my blood sugar level!
Thank you Rob, helpful as always
Thats a huge sigh of relief

It is sweetener, not sugar. As far as I am aware, diabetics are able to consume sweetener as it does not affect the bloor sugar levels.
At Dischem you even see those diabetic treats which are made with sweetener.

Look at the rest of your diet I would say.

Howzit

My doc doesnt have a clue, she hates any form of vaping/smoking and basically wants to punch me if i even mention vape

Hi @SmokeyJoe
I have moved your post and the subsequent posts to this existing thread.
Scroll up and take a look, might help with some further info

Thanks a mil Silver
Apologies If I posted in the incorrect place

No problem, that was an old thread which I recalled from memory - did a search for blood sugar and found it.

If you're a diabetic, or if you know a diabetic who smokes CIGARETTES, here's a very good reason to switch to vaping. Vape juices, I have ascertained, contain no sugar - only artificial sweeteners. Cigarettes, on the other hand, apparently contain 1/2 tsp of sugar per cigarette! I never knew this (who does??) and I am truly shocked. I attach a report (unverified) which was posted in a FB group for diabetics.

Attachments

• Sugar in cigarettes.jpg
    Sugar in cigarettes.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 49
We have merged a few threads relating to this topic
Let this thread henceforth be the main one containing info on vaping with diabetes
Thanks for starting it back in the day @BumbleBee ;-)

Been a type 1 Diabetic for 19 years now I researched the hell out of vaping and sugar content , didn’t come across anything otherwise I’d still be trying to quit analogs

Last edited:
I don't know a lot about diabetes but I did research sugars in vape juice and as far as I read sugars in their most available forms would cause unimaginable health complications.

If you've got diabetes I must highly recommend trying out miracle fruit. It's a freeze-dried capsual that you suck. It turns acidic things into super sweet tasting things. I gave my gardener some and he ate a lemon whole. Skin and all. Loved it. Give it a look see and if you can get some I absolutely insist that you try it.

@Rob Fisher
With regards to the flu. I believe they did a study on this. What do you think?

https://www.sciencealert.com/e-cigarette-vapour-damages-the-immune-system-of-mice

Last edited by a moderator:
The key excerpt from that article:

"We were surprised by how high that number was, considering that e-cigarettes do not produce combustion products," Sussan said. "Granted, it's 100 times lower than cigarette smoke, but it's still a high number of free radicals that can potentially damage cells.”

So it seems that, much like diacetyl, it's a case of vapour containing only a fraction of what is typically found in smoke. It may still cause harm over the longer term but nobody claimed vaping was 100% safe.

Any sugar in a cigarette is going to be destroyed by the fact that you are setting it alight, you are just going to inhale bad fumes not actual sugar. The changes in your sugar levels come from the other chemicals as well as the fact that you end up being less physical. The cravings after you quit mainly come from increased insulin and sugar drops and jumps from all the chemistry your bodies releases due to stress of withdrawl as well as your metabolism trying to return to normal.

Vaping and diabetes is gray area for me, there is some research suggesting certain levels of nicotine absorption leads to insulin resistance, however you absorb a lot more nicotine with cigarettes (as well as the other shit that comes from burning a plant).

However, my last 3 A1c's have been 4.9% and my diabetes is "officially" gone, but I also eat like a robot and do 6-8 hrs of exercise a week, so can I say that vaping does nothing to my diabetes? No I can't, but it's better than cigarettes and you should be doing a full lifestyle over haul to control your diabetes.

I'm down to 1mg Nicotine and by next year I hope to stop vaping, it's healthier than cigarettes but by no means is it healthy.

We have merged a few threads relating to this topic
Let this thread henceforth be the main one containing info on vaping with diabetes
Thanks for starting it back in the day @BumbleBee ;-)

Why the dislike @Shifty ?
You not happy with the thread merging?

I don't know a lot about diabetes but I did research sugars in vape juice and as far as I read sugars in their most available forms would cause unimaginable health complications.

If you've got diabetes I must highly recommend trying out miracle fruit. It's a freeze-dried capsual that you suck. It turns acidic things into super sweet tasting things. I gave my gardener some and he ate a lemon whole. Skin and all. Loved it. Give it a look see and if you can get some I absolutely insist that you try it.

@Rob Fisher
With regards to the flu. I believe they did a study on this. What do you think?

https://www.sciencealert.com/e-cigarette-vapour-damages-the-immune-system-of-mice

@Spyro I think that report is a lot of crap! Comparing myself the only vaper to the rest of the family that are non vapers I get far less colds and flu than they do. I in fact think the Vapour protects me from some bugs! Not based on scientific findings but just life experience!

@Rob Fisher

I'm also Diabetic 2. In the Introduce Yourself thread I replied to a post a few minutes ago, in which someone thought that diabetics have to be careful about vaping. @Silver disputed this and I replied,

"I'm diabetic and one of my first questions on this forum was about the e-juice ingredients. I've also tried to read up on it on the Internet and so far I haven't found any articles that raise a red flag.

The only thing is that diabetics might find many of the juice flavours overwhelmingly sweet, because they're not used to anything so sweet in their daily lives. In one of my posts a long time ago one of our members, whose girlfriend is diabetic, suggested using a 60/40 VG/PG and yes, it is much better."

Do you find the juices too sweet? I do, especially the fruit ones. That's why I love Bumblebee Super Fruit @BumbleBee. It's a 60/40 ratio AND he doesn't add any artificial sweetener. Nothing is lost with the fruity flavour, though.

@Rob Fisher

I'm also Diabetic 2. In the Introduce Yourself thread I replied to a post a few minutes ago, in which someone thought that diabetics have to be careful about vaping. @Silver disputed this and I replied,

"I'm diabetic and one of my first questions on this forum was about the e-juice ingredients. I've also tried to read up on it on the Internet and so far I haven't found any articles that raise a red flag.

The only thing is that diabetics might find many of the juice flavours overwhelmingly sweet, because they're not used to anything so sweet in their daily lives. In one of my posts a long time ago one of our members, whose girlfriend is diabetic, suggested using a 60/40 VG/PG and yes, it is much better."

Do you find the juices too sweet? I do, especially the fruit ones. That's why I love Bumblebee Super Fruit @BumbleBee. It's a 60/40 ratio AND he doesn't add any artificial sweetener. Nothing is lost with the fruity flavour, though.

@Hooked I actually like some sweet juices... even Red Pill aka original XXX has some sweetness to it. Nasty Juice Cush is very sweet (Mango) and I do enjoy it... can't vape it all the time but nice for the occasional change. My version of Red Pill is 50/50.

PS Bread, Peas, carrots and rice are my favourite foods. :oops:

@Rob Fisher What is there to dislike about Banting? If you're diabetic, as I am, it's the perfect eating plan.
I think a new thread in Health Matters is called for! Will do it forthwith!!

@Rob Fisher What is there to dislike about Banting? If you're diabetic, as I am, it's the perfect eating plan.
I think a new thread in Health Matters is called for! Will do it forthwith!!

I hate everything banting more than life itself... every banting food taste really crap! I have tried them all. I prefer to eat meat and salad... but I really miss real bread! Banting bread is really really really awful and I simply cannot eat it.

Back