Vaporesso cCell Coil Problems

Faheem777

Dedicated Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi Guys

Has anybody else been having problems with these coils lately? I recently purchased a 5pack of the 1.4ohm MTL coils and for the first 3/4 days it's amazing thereafter loses flavor and I only get dry hits. Is there something wrong that I am doing? I believe these coils were meant to last close to a month? I have tested with different flavors and still get the same problem.

Can anyone suggest an alternate coil that I can use for MTL hits? The device that I am using is the Vaporesso Target Mini.

Any assistance will be much appreciated :)

I'm really quite keen on doing the rebuild after seeing that link you posted but I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking @Andre, as I'm completely clueless with regard to coil building.

1) How many times can the ecr head be used ?
2) What other supplies would I need to buy to start building my own coils in addition to the ecr head (in the link you provided)
3) How does this route compare cost wise with commercial coils?

P.s ideally I would want to build 1.4/5 ohm coils, I found that resistance I enjoy the most for mtl.

Thanks in advance :)
  1. For as many times as you want - it is a sturdy unit. I have seen some vendors say that the silicone grommet/insulator at the bottom is very soft and gets damaged easily. It has not happened to me. Even if it does get damaged, the insulators from compatible commercial coils (cCell/Melo) fits perfectly in there. All you need to do is build a coil, install and wick it. The coil can last up to 3 months, depending on your preference. You replace the wick as frequently as you like - some rewick every day, others do it every week - much depends on your preference and the juice in there.
  2. Wire. I prefer VapoWire (also from VapeCartel). For 1.4/5 ohm coils I would suggest 27 gauge - 28 gauge is also good, but 27 g is just easier to work with. Then a mandrel to wrap the wire on - for that resistance I think a mandrel with an outer diameter (OD) of 3.0 mm would be best. Around 8 wraps with 27 g should get you there. You could get a coil wrapping tool, but a simple drill bit or screwdriver with 3.0 mm ID works perfectly fine too. I use this. A wire cutter to cut the Kanthal and the cotton. Wicking material - for me Kendo Vape Cotton Gold works the best in the ECR, but any cotton will do. A pair of ceramic tweezers is not a must, but very handy. Consider this toolkit, which has everything in it.
  3. Must cheaper in the long run.

1. For as many times as you want - it is a sturdy unit. I have seen some vendors say that the silicone grommet/insulator at the bottom is very soft and gets damaged easily. It has not happened to me. Even if it does get damaged, the insulators from compatible commercial coils (cCell/Melo) fits perfectly in there. All you need to do is build a coil, install and wick it. The coil can last up to 3 months, depending on your preference. You replace the wick as frequently as you like - some rewick every day, others do it every week - much depends on your preference and the juice in there.
  2. Wire. I prefer VapoWire (also from VapeCartel). For 1.4/5 ohm coils I would suggest 27 gauge - 28 gauge is also good, but 27 g is just easier to work with. Then a mandrel to wrap the wire on - for that resistance I think a mandrel with an outer diameter (OD) of 3.0 mm would be best. Around 8 wraps with 27 g should get you there. You could get a coil wrapping tool, but a simple drill bit or screwdriver with 3.0 mm ID works perfectly fine too. I use this. A wire cutter to cut the Kanthal and the cotton. Wicking material - for me Kendo Vape Cotton Gold works the best in the ECR, but any cotton will do. A pair of ceramic tweezers is not a must, but very handy. Consider this toolkit, which has everything in it.

Wow, thanks @Andre for all this info and related links, It is much appreciated! It does look quite daunting, think I'm going to do a little more research and watch some tutorials before giving it a go.

Wow, thanks @Andre for all this info and related links, It is much appreciated! It does look quite daunting, think I'm going to do a little more research and watch some tutorials before giving it a go.
Hehe, it sounds far more daunting that it is in real life. Once you have done the first coil it becomes easy peasy. Just do it!

BTW, see you have the Guardian tank in your avatar picture. How are you enjoying it? Any problems with the cCell coil (1.4 ohm I presume) in there?

Hehe, it sounds far more daunting that it is in real life. Once you have done the first coil it becomes easy peasy. Just do it!

BTW, see you have the Guardian tank in your avatar picture. How are you enjoying it? Any problems with the cCell coil (1.4 ohm I presume) in there?

I started this thread because of problems with the 1.5ohm lol With a working 1.5 coil it's the best MTL vaping experience in my opinion and I would highly recommend the tank. Zero leaks, simplicity of use, great design, AFC works extremely well, etc. Only downside is you have two coil (0.5 and 1.5) options available to you locally, one of which (1.5ohm) local vendors don't have stock of or they have the defective batch. Also read somewhere that they maybe doing away with the 1.5 and replacing it with a 0.6. But yeah, that's kind of why I decided to get the Melo 3 mini, for more coil options.

Hey @Andre, I attempted this but cheated a bit and purchased pre built 1.2ohm coils. I'm having two problems though if you can possibly assist me with,

1) The resistance sometimes changes (fluctuates big time) if I have to remove the tank and put it back on
2) At 1.2ohm's it feels like a DTL VAPE and is quite strong (even with low nic juices).

Prebuilt coil specs: UD Brand, 26g Kantal A1, 2.8mm ID, looks like 10/11 wraps, 1.2ohm

I haven't played with the Guardian Tank much but didn't have an issue with it... it's more for the MTL crowd...

You are gonna LOVE your Melo 3 Mini... hope you got some 0.6Ω cCell coils for it?

@Rob Fisher and all the other cCell vets. Do you loosten the top cap of your Melo 3 mini? I was so excited to put the 0.6 Ohm cCell in my M3 Mini and I keep getting dry hits after a bit of use. I was really hoping these tanks didn't have that airlock issue. Hopefully it is just user error but I'm not getting any joy. Even if I loosten the top cap I don't see the bubbles popping up like I do with the target tank.

I'm using the 0.6 Ohm cCells with the hex juice holes.

@Rob Fisher and all the other cCell vets. Do you loosten the top cap of your Melo 3 mini? I was so excited to put the 0.6 Ohm cCell in my M3 Mini and I keep getting dry hits after a bit of use. I was really hoping these tanks didn't have that airlock issue. Hopefully it is just user error but I'm not getting any joy. Even if I loosten the top cap I don't see the bubbles popping up like I do with the target tank.

I'm using the 0.6 Ohm cCells with the hex juice holes.

If it's the 4ml version of the tank then yes you will get an airlock issue and will need to open the top slightly.

If it's the 4ml version of the tank then yes you will get an airlock issue and will need to open the top slightly.
Nope. It's the 2 ml version :(
Which is why I was hoping not to have these problems. Hopefully it's just a dud coil and not a dud tank.

Here's hoping the eleaf ceramic coils, arriving soon I hope, are the solution.

Ignore that... I see you are using 0.6Ω cCells... I'm at a loss... never had an issue... have you tried a second coil?
Not yet, will do so, was hoping it ws some user error and I wouldn't need to toss it. Haven't had problems with my target tank since I started twisting the tank a little open. Maybe just a dud. Will try a new one over the weekend and report back.

Not yet, will do so, was hoping it ws some user error and I wouldn't need to toss it. Haven't had problems with my target tank since I started twisting the tank a little open. Maybe just a dud. Will try a new one over the weekend and report back.

First time I also had an issue with the Melo tank but with the 0.9 ccells. Silly fix that worked for me now, took out the coil, blew in it and it's working no airlock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time I also had an issue with the Melo tank but with the 0.9 ccells. Silly fix that worked for me now, took out the coil, blew in it and it's working no airlock.

Thanks for the tip. Could you elaborate a bit. Did you blow through the coil?

Oh no! How'd you managed that?!

Dropped the glass which now has a lovely crack in it.

The melo 3 mini? If it is the glass, I have a spare glass I'm never going to use, if you are ever in the randburg or Roodepoort areas at any stage give me a scream, it's yours.

Thanks for the offer! I've just ordered 2 now (a replacement and a backup) so I'm good for a while.

;( So either I have a dud set of coils or a dud tank... hoping it is the former, tried with 2 new coils, threw away a third one which had a visible crack in the ceramic, so all in all a bad experiece...

Was speaking to a guy a Vape Cartel today and there has been a lot of issues with the ccell ceramics, must have been a really bad batch that came through.

Last edited:
I can also relate. Out of the 5 coils in my pack of 0.6 ccells I had 2 duds. The rest worked fine. Planning to try the new estoc coils and take it from there.

Back