VAPORIZE.co.za - Ooey Gooey ..NEW FLAVOUR

So my turn now as I received mine from Vaporize.co.za as well. I also decided to take the Popcorn Balls - 3mg.

The setup I used to test it out is my Reload with some Fused Clapton’s in ohming out @ .33 at 50W.

I tried a bit of it on my finger and I must say I got a nice blend of popcorn and tobacco and was actually quite keen to give it a go.

Dripped a bit and straight off the bat, the throat hit I got was a good one. Definitely one for those who are looking for a nice throat hit for sure. From a flavour side, obviously the tobacco is very prominent which is to be expected. As @KZOR mentioned, not a cigarette taste but more of a raw tobacco which for me was nice for a change as I have tasted 1 or 2 tobacco vapes and those almost tasted fake / synthetic which I don’t like. To be honest, from a popcorn perspective, I hardly tasted any and I really wanted to. I went from 40W through to 60W and still didn’t pick up much. I was told by my Mrs though that the vape once exhaled had a burnt popcorn smell.

For me, this juice I think is geared towards an RTA or a MTL or even a BB where the build is high ohms with less power. I have a feeling that the notes get lost at higher wattages but that is still to be proven as I haven’t tried that out as yet.

Overall though, it was nicely blended and the vape was smooth so that is a definite plus. I skiem for a first vape of the day, people might enjoy this as it gives you that nice kick in the back of your throat and has a nice deep tobacco flavour.

Thanks Vaporize.co.za for choosing me and sending me a 60ml to try out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20180129_202149.jpg
Thank you @vaporize.co.za for sending this test bottle.

eJuice: Popcorn Balls
Brand: Ooey Gooey
Description: Flashback to childhood party treats with popcorn and sweet melted marshmallow shaped into pink sticky Ooey Gooey Popcorn Balls
VG/PG: 80/20
Nicotine: 3mg
Mod setup: Therion 75c bf + pulse 22; Krönig Box (mech) + wasp nano; Billet Box + Exocet
Coil: Pulse (1.5ohm) at 15-30 watts; wasp nano (.67ohm); Exocet (1.27ohm) at 15 watts

Disclaimer: flavours are subjective and differ from person to person. This is just my opinion.

On the Therion+pulse combo with the airflow shut down to a restricted draw it gives a nice throat hit with the main note being tobacco and a nice undertone of a sweet popcorn. On the Krönig+wasp combo the throat hit is a bit stronger with the sweet popcorn note coming through a bit more and the tobacco being a bit more subtle. On the Billet Box the flavour was by far the most balanced between the three setups. With the throat hit not being as harsh as the other two setups. The flavours mixed well together making it almost impossible to differentiate between the different notes making it more of a sweet (not overly sweet) tobacco.

Like: It is really a nice combo....popcorn and tobacco...never thought it would go together but it does. The tobacco is very nice, being one of the best I have ever vaped. The popcorn doesn't overpower, but does come through.

Dislike: Although the throat hit is nice, it is not for me. The popcorn does come through, but not as much as I would have wanted it to.

Rating: 3 out of 5
Would I buy it? Maybe...

Last edited:
IMG_2776.jpg

I'm no juice reviewer but here goes lol...

Juice:
Ooey Gooey - Popcorn Balls 6mg
Setup 1:
Hadaly, 22g Haywire Flatwire - 0.28ohms - 45 to 50W
Setup 2: Goblin Mini V3 - Superfine MTL Fused Clapton - 1.0ohms - 25 to 28W (used 2,5 tanks)

I usually vape 3mg juice but lately I've been enjoying 6mg with tobacco juices to get that extra throat hit (and it works better on my iCare Mini PCC stealth setup.)

I'm a fan of tobacco flavours, not because I miss smoking but because I find them a break from the usual sweet, dessert and fruity flavours.
The idea of a popcorn flavoured tobacco really intrigued me and for that reason I chose it.

I get a good throat hit, it could also be amplified by the higher nic.
Using the Hadaly I got more sweetness from it but not overly sweet which I prefer.
I get a nice tobacco taste from both setups, personally I would prefer it slightly more prominent.
The juice is a little smoother on the Hadaly but overall I enjoyed the juice more in the Goblin Mini V3.
I think I got a bit of the popcorn, it gives me a pleasantly dry sensation...like when you eat unflavoured popcorn...
I get a tangy after taste and on exhaling, nice and subtle.

- Good combination of flavours
- Nice throat hit
- Smooth
- Neat packaging

Personally, I'd prefer a more distinct popcorn taste and perhaps a tiny bit more tobacco.

Overall:
I really like the juice and look forward to what other tobacco pairings they come up with.
I would recommend it to most tobacco flavour lovers.
Would I buy it? Yes

Thanks again to @vaporize.co.za for the prize!

So I finally received my juice yesterday, and must say, wow. The packaging and material inside the tube is great, a good representation of an quality product.

IMG_8187.JPG
IMG_8188.JPG
IMG_8189.JPG
IMG_8190.JPG

I'm not the biggest tobacco fan, I never enjoyed cigars and tobacco juices make me relate to the taste of cigars so I normally do not enjoy them . However , I've heard of a few people combining two (very) famous liquids on their coils - one a very good tobacco I actually enjoyed , and the other a dessert/cereal/sweet vape, and by doing this they hit the ultimate vapers nirvana...

So, I thought lets try this. . . Peppermint Chocolate Cake flavoured tobacco juice, it's a combo waiting to happen but not needed for you to buy two different liquids and combining them yourself.

The Juice : Ooey Gooey - Peppermint Chocolate Cake
The Build : 0.15ohm = The Bearded Vaper Fused Aliens (26gx3/34g) (N80) lekker @Chris du Toit

IMG_8209.JPG

0.15 fired at 4.2V in a Goon V1.5 on my Voopoo Drag

Cleaned up the coils , washed , brushed, squeaky clean. Wicked up with Cotton Bacon V2
IMG_8210.JPG
IMG_8213.JPG

Took a few hits, and the first few hits were totally amazing . It was a lot of the backdrop cigar/tobacco based flavour that I got from the very famous other tobacco juice I enjoyed, and in front I get the peppermint chocolate spongecake taste . It is quite authentic, I am enjoying it and I would say the juice is overall very smooth.

Then I went to chill and play GT Sport with a nice side of Peppermint Choc cake :mm::mm::mm:

IMG_8216.JPG
Being a 2mg DIY mixer, and mostly vaping 2mg these days, this 3mg feels very smooth and almost no throathit. I think the tobacco concentrate makes a person feel they're experiencing throathit , but it isn't harsh at all.

I would totally buy this again, for those laid back sessions of playing GT Sport and chilling out - I will recommend this juice to any cigar/cigarette/tobacco craving persons, and I know a few.. This juice hits the profile it describes spot on. Congrats @vaporize.co.za it is well done..

I brought it with today to work, for another full day of testing and enjoying - hopefully this juice bottle doesn't develop a bigger hole (losing this juice quite fast)

IMG_8219.JPG

And this is how my coils look after ~ half a day of use
IMG_8220.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_8211.JPG
    IMG_8211.JPG
    144.7 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8212.JPG
    IMG_8212.JPG
    148.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8214.JPG
    IMG_8214.JPG
    172.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_8215.JPG
    IMG_8215.JPG
    158.3 KB · Views: 5
I have had the popcorn balls in the geekvape griffon with fused claptons im since last night.

I cant really add anything to the reviews. Its mot a strong popcorn flavour but i actually really like it. this will become my morning vape with coffee. going to give it a go with the ammit also.

i Received mine yesterday, it got the peppermint chocolate 6 mg bottle, im dripping it into an omega 22mm RDA with 26 awg kanthal A1 regular dual coiled wires set up vertically to 0.57 Ohm firing at 35w and a melo 3 mini with the 0.5(0.47) ohm coils on a pico dual. First off i like the clouds it chucks from the 80%VG/20PG, the taste was strange at first but after multiple mls vaped it grew on me, its strange how tobacco and cocoa was mixed and smoked in the amazon before Europeans ever saw it. I always wondered what it would taste like. This juice was great i see why they did that now, the mint rounds off the flavor and keeps any harshness at bay. Im going to keep vaping it for a while and see if it grows on me more or i get sick of it, but so far it seems like a great afternoon vape, with a drink at hand. The 6 mg nicotine isn't harsh at all, you get a monster throat hit off it, maybe its like what @DirtyD said the tobacco concentrate makes the hit seem harder. But its good, i saw the price tag runs at around R250 for 60mls. Its a fair price for a good juice, my one problem is the packaging, not the nice tube and stickers but the bottle itself. I screwed it on in the car while driving and over torqued it a little bit and the childlock broke now its hard for even adults to open. but that's really my only con here. i liked it personally as i like the taste of cigarettes and cigars, but yeah that's what i thought i know its long winded and based on my personal tastes but that's my review. Again id like to thank Vaporize.co.za for a chance to try it and give my thoughts

Ooey Gooey - NOW AVAILABLE at Steam Lab
Shop 5 Ruwari centre, Cnr Kruis and Protea road, Ruwari, Brackenfell

IMG-20180131-WA0029.jpg

Juice: Ooey Gooey - Popcorn Balls 3mg
Setup 1: Fuchai 213 plus with Orchish RDTA, 3mm fused claptons and CB @60 / 70 w
Setup 2: SXK BB - Superfine MTL Fused Clapton - 0.8ohms - 26(used 2tanks)

First impression on both setups? Throat hit is hectic, more like 6mg than 3mg ( Got Silvered )
I don't particular like a harsh throat hit.

I'm a fan of tobacco flavours and 2 of my ADV's are Tobacco vapes.
I get the tobacco prominent on setup 1 with no popcorn taste, but it does smell like popcorn if someone else vapes it.
On setup 2 I do get a sweetness of caramel with the tobacco but I think I am missing something in between these 2 setup's to make this juice really pop.

- Neat packaging

Dislikes:
- Throat hit

Overall: I would like to see what other tobacco pairings will come from this.

Thanks again to @vaporize.co.za for the prize!

Juice: Ooey Peppermint Chocolate Cake
Nic Strength: 3mg
Ratio: 80/20
Atty: Goon V1.5
Mod: Paranormal DNA 166
Coils: Dual fused clapton 26g*2 Nichrome + 36g Nichrome
Ohms: 0.15
Cotton: Cotton Bacon V2
Wattage: 85 - 100w

Flavour Notes
Peppermint
- the peppermint is perfect in this mix. I strongly dislike menthol or spearmint so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed the peppermint flavour. It's is more towards the front of the hit; with the chocolate cake coming in second.
Chocolate - I find this chocolate to be rather "raw" and bitter; almost like cocoa. I also got a harsh throat hit which made me wonder if the juice has steeped long enough? I've mixed with INW Milk Chocolate; FW Nutella and MB Chocolate Custard before so I know chocolate flavours need to steep for at least a month before being ready
Cake - the cake is pretty decent. Nothing to rave about but pretty solid
Tobacco - there was tobacco in this? Mind you I don't have the most sophisticated palate so I must have missed it.

Pro's: It's not overly sweet, which is a good thing. It seems most commercial juices these days are very heavy on the sweetener which I can't stand.

Con's: The throat hit is too much for me and I think even if the throat hit disappears the raw cocoa taste I get just isn't for me

Conclusion: This juice would be perfect for vapers who don't like too much sweetener and are looking for a differently flavoured chocolate cake

Disclaimer: my review above is based on my personal opinion which is subjective. Anyone is more than welcome to disagree with me as you are entitled your own opinion just like I am

Hi @vaporize.co.za - yes I have received the sample - I’ve been so busy but here...

Awesome Packaging and Looks like you’ve put a lot of effort into your product - Well Done.

So far - it’s aroma is mouth watering - will possibly get to test it this weekend or early next week - Looking forward to this.
8CB94EC5-04C5-4E90-9318-7304708417AE.jpeg
0DC6E2CA-1638-46AD-B4BA-A04F81F63589.jpeg
404BF408-0B26-4DF7-9D0A-F73BB8BB0FCF.jpeg

eJuice: Popcorn Balls
Brand: Ooey Gooey
Description: Flashback to childhood party treats with popcorn and sweet melted marshmallow shaped into pink sticky Ooey Gooey Popcorn Balls
VG/PG: 80/20
Nicotine: 3mg
Mod, Atty & Coil setup: Drag +Goon 1.5 Dual 5 wrap Framed Staple 2x26ga Ni80\0.4mm Ni80\34ga Ni80 @4.2v & eVic Mini + SXK Hadaly 5 wrap Framed staple 2x26ga Ni80\0.4mm KA1\36ga Ni80 @44W

20180129_200017.jpg20180129_181401.jpg

Flavour Experience:
Received this juice Tuesday afternoon, went straight to my Vape cupboard and grabbed 2 of my most trusted setups. 1 for flavour and the other more suited to filling a room with fog yet still gives incredible flavour. Enter the Goon 1.5 and the SXK Hadaly clone.

The flavour blurb on the bottle had me excited to try this juice, I imagined being transported back to my youth days of coo-ee "mindrel" and Diddle Daddle popcorn.
First off the bat I taste tested the juice on my finger tip. I got a strong tobacco followed by the taste of popcorn kernels.

In the Hadaly, I got a dry, cigar like tobacco with almost no popcorn. I tried lower and higher wattages but was unable to identify the poopscorn in the juice. Theres no doubting this is a tobacco and the throat hit was very smooth. A con for me would be how dry the vape seems, but for some people this might not be a con. If pushed to describe the tobacco I'd say it reminds me alot of the cigar like tobacco in Havanna Nights.

In the Goon 1.5, it's a almost like a different juice. The tobacco is not as dry and leans towards the moist side and finally I could taste the popcorn. The inhale is undeniably tobacco and the exhale is sweet popcorn. Not overly sweet but just enough. I found myself licking my lips after every vape just to taste the popcorn. The throat hit was increased but not to the point where I found it harsh at all. And I am one that DIY's at 2mg because I dont like TH.
The one thing I really do like is how nice the vape smells, the TV lounge had this lovely aroma, kind of a mix between a cigar lounge and a cinema.

20180129_200645.jpg

Cigar like Tobacco
Not too sweet
80/20 for Clouds Bro, Clouds

Dislike:
Cigar like tobacco (this is personal as I just prefer tobacco thats along the dessert lines like an RY4)
Dry vape in the Hadaly
Stopped tasting the popcorn in the Goon on Day 2

Rating:
6.5 out of 10

Would I recommend this to a friend? If they looking for a dry tobacco or even a tobacco thats different from whats out there, then yes, try this.
Personally this isn't what I want out of a tobacco but I can certainly see many people enjoying this juice alot.

Last edited:
Tobacco - there was tobacco in this? Mind you I don't have the most sophisticated palate so I must have missed it.

Neither do I, it seems. :confused: I’m going to play around more with this juice and see if I can get the tobacco to come out. Otherwise, I need new taste buds!

Thought I would just do a quick update.
I have had mine standing in the cupboard for about 2 weeks now and tried it again last night. Wow it has mellowed out almost completely with no noticeable throat hit, also the flavour comes out smooth now. Turned into a very enjoyable juice now.
Will give another week and see how it goes.

Hi @vaporize.co.za :aaaaa::aaaaa::aaaaa:

Popcorn Balls - 0mg - 80/20

What an Amazing Smooth Caramel Popcorn Tobacco Vape - not one particular Flavour over powers any of the other Flavours in this eLiquid.

Reading all the above feedback - and referring this eLiquid to someone who appreciates Flavours working together - and not one Flavour burying the others - will certainly be the Popcorn Balls Tobacco eLiquid.

The beginning of the Inhale is definitely Popcorn and as you continue inhaling - the sweet caramel comes to the fore and coats your mouth as if you have just eaten caramel Popcorn - and - as the exhale commences - the smoother side of the Caramel begins to transform into that familiar smoky “Tobacco” fragrance of Grandad’s Pipe Tobacco - but a very very subtle version of that Tobacco smell.

It’s brilliant how eLiquids can be crafted to make you believe your are actually Pipe Smoking Caramel Popcorn - this is genius.

Thank You so much for this Awesome Opportunity - It was a pleasure doing all of this and hope that this helps some fellow Vaper’s make their decisions.

@Greyz @Silver @Stosta @Vapessa @Tanja @Andre @Quakes

The Build
Ammit 25-Ooey Gooey - Popcorn Balls
RTA - Single Coil Build
Wire : Ni80
Type : Alien
@smilelykumeenit
Gauge : 3 x 26Ga/36Ga
ID : 3mm
Wraps : 4.0
Spacing : 0.3mm
Leg Length : 5mm
Mod - VW : Geekvape Aegis 100W
Ohms : 0.18
Watts : 45 to 55
Cotton : Cotton Candy
eJuice : Ooey Gooey - Popcorn
eJuice Mix : 80/20
Nicotine : 0mg
Received : 02/02/2018
Steeped : 3 Weeks
Assembled : 24/02/2018
42C0DFE2-1848-44AB-A101-CB40F9D30BFF.jpeg
75AC156B-2F6F-4811-A792-0C6B29B35B0D.jpeg
A23CB600-F49A-400F-96D0-45042DC6F74E.jpeg
D58C20FB-2176-4C2A-970E-10A904056380.jpeg

Last edited:
Finally :clap:

My Review of the Ooey Gooey - Peppermint Chocolate Cake 80/20 - 0MG.
IMG_20180129_123656.jpg
IMG_20180129_123735.jpg
IMG_20180129_123826.jpg
Firstly - I was absolutely excited to be one of the lucky winners - Thank you again @vaporize.co.za

My preference was 0MG

I love the packaging - the tube holder is a really cool idea...awesome stickers and logo. The colours - the bright green - the black and white really stand out and look great together.

The Aroma - when I opened up the bottle to smell it was really good...I tasted a drop on my finger and was really excited to give this juice a go.

I recently won a Flag 80W Kit from Avidvape - so thought the Peppermint Chocolate Cake would be a good choice with this Awesome little kit.
IMG_20180309_122946.jpg
Flag 80W Mod with 22mm Flag Atomizer and 0.4 Ohm Coil.
Epoxide Resin Drip Tip.

Commissioned - 9/03/2018

Flavour:
My first hit - Amazing flavours on the taste buds - definitely a Peppermint and Chocolate Cake Surprise fills the mouth with a subtle Tobacco taste...taste gets better after each hit. I really like this juice and recommend it to New & Experienced Vapers - it's not too Sweet but I can definitely taste each different flavour. My favourite being the Peppermint. Its like taking a big scrumptious bite of the Peppermint Chocolate Cake. Its unbelievable.

The Flag 80W Kit - is a superb little starter kit - and brings out the excellent flavours of this Ooey Gooey Peppermint Chocolate Cake and creates really cool clouds too.

A Remarkable experience!

Thank You again @vaporize.co.za and hope my review helps.

@Max :happy:

We are excited to announce that we have added two "New" flavours to the Ooey Gooey line.. These are basically the same Popcorn & Marshmallow and Peppermint Chocolate Cake as before, just without the tobacco component.
We will also be releasing the tobacco flavours on their own without the "flavour" component in the next few weeks. Watch this space for updates!

Ooey-Gooey.jpg

Last edited:
Back