Vapour Mountain - Juice Reviews

I purchased xxx about a month ago after all the rave about it,honestly wasn't that thrilled as I would prefer less Menthol so i could taste the rest of the flavours,after a week of getting use to it I realised it's actually a work of art,as a DIY junkie I use xxx in 1 of my mods permanently, trying ever since to replicate it,its just awesome!

Let me get this ball rolling!

Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls (over 18’s only please, and no, that doesn’t automatically qualify you as a lady or a gentleman), I’m proud to finally give an official review of Vapour Mountain’s XXX.

I started vaping in the December of 2015. Like many others, I started with Liqua juices, and their versions of “Cherry” and “Mint”. Stumbling on the forums, I learned that there were other juices out there, and not just in a generic flavour categories. You could try pastries and yoghurts, ice creams, and fruit punches. I was almost certain that I would like pastries or chocolates, and went through quite a few juices, but still hadn’t found anything that really appealed to me. Everyone seemed to have a juice that blew them away, but it seemed like it took me forever to find that one juice.

Enter XXX. I managed to get some XXX at a very reasonable price. I decided to take the plunge as I had seen many people rave about it, so even though I wasn’t sure it would be for me, my stinginess got the best of me and I plunged headfirst into 100ml of XXX.

I remember the day it arrived. By that point I had upgraded from an Evod Mega to a Subox and Subtank Mini. I went out to lunch, wicked a new coil, and cracked open the bottle. Smelling it I can honestly say it was glorious. It smelled like an incredibly strong version of Peach Tropica (which combined with vanilla vodka is a totally suitable replacement for beer).

Loading it up on my then 0.5ohm build, and taking a slow pull, I realised immediately that I had found my All Day Vape. The flavour was so intense, and rich, it felt like I was taking bites out of the freshest and juiciest fruits you can get. I have long proclaimed that my palate is horrific, so do not hold me liable for what I’m claiming to taste! With the smell of Peach Tropica, I get the taste of passion fruit, maybe a tang of pineapple and some litchi. Some days I can pick up pear and oranges, some days a bit of banana and strawberry. It might not be politically correct to say this, but I have tried to replicate this juice, but my attempts have been in vain, as I have never tasted anything even CLOSE to this perfection! The cool, minty, fruity explosion that occurs in my mouth with every drag does in fact feel so satisfying, that it has to be a sin, that XXX is a truly apt name for this offender!

As this all happened over a Durban summer, when winter approached, I was almost certain that I wouldn’t want a fruity vape. Well… We have had two mornings at my warehouse that has been almost sub-zero, and my XXX is still in my tank EVERY day!

As I understand it, the name XXX comes from the fact that VM actually travels to a secret beach in the Caribbean, and bottles the sweet nectar from the bosom of Aphrodite herself. This indulgent process is something so lustful that it can only be described as XXX (I stand to be corrected; the name might have derived from something else).

For me, XXX is best experienced:

· Subtank Mini
· 0.7ohms
· Rayon Wick
· 20 - 30W
· 6mg
· 60\40 VG\PG

In short, this juice isn’t half bad ;) There are two types of vapers, those that agree that XXX is simply in a league of its own, and those that don’t actually have taste buds.

Tagging @Oupa for my juice review! Will do Berry Blaze when she arrives!

pBsMoTf.jpg

From being around on this forum for a long time I know a couple of things about Vapour Mountain's Berry Blaze:
  1. There are quite a few Berry Blaze addicts out there - some like it with a touch of menthol.
  2. Berry Blaze likes a good steep.
  3. HRH would still be smoking and not vaping if it was not for Berry Blaze.
As a DIYer it was with great reluctance that I ordered the two bottles (2 entries @Oupa?) of Berry Blaze above, but HRH insisted that none of my brilliant creations is good enough for her. She cannot go without Berry Blaze - and has not been without it since she started vaping just more than two years ago.

Please PM me your Berry Blaze clone!

When I saw @Oupa's reminder of his competition I asked HRH why this damn juice is so good. She replied - Berry Blaze is so smooth and not over flavoured. She tastes soft berries. The flavour is not overpowering like 99 % of the juices I force her to taste! She vapes Berry Blaze 24/7 for 365 days of the year.

I will take the recipe in lieu of the prize @Oupa!

Last edited:
pBsMoTf.jpg

From being around on this forum for a long time I know a couple of things about Vapour Mountain's Berry Blaze:
  1. There are quite a few Berry Blaze addicts out there - some like it with a touch of menthol.
As a DIYer it was with great reluctance that I ordered the two bottles (2 entries @Oupa?) of Berry Blaze above, but HRH insisted that none of my brilliant creations is good enough for her. She cannot go without Berry Blaze - and has not been without it since she started vaping just more than two years ago.

When I saw @Oupa's reminder of his competition I asked HRH why this damn juice is so good. She replied - Berry Blaze is so smooth and not over flavoured. She tastes soft berries. The flavour is not overpowering like 99 % of the juices I force her to taste! She vapes Berry Blaze 24/7 for 365 days of the year.

Awesome review @Andre ! I must admit that I'm a bit sad my chances of getting first, second, and third have just got a bit worse, but I'm reassured by the fact that I got my delivery of Berry Blaze today to add to my 50% chance so far! I'm also glad your better half enjoys it! Pity it won't have steeped in time (maybe @Oupa can PM me a speeding up tip) but will give it a go nonetheless.

I must say I'm amazed this thread isn't being flooded with reviews! Perhaps everyone is saving up their Randelas for the incredible VapeCon special VM is having.

pBsMoTf.jpg

Marvellous @Andre !
And I will second your HRH's admiration for this juice
On my side, HRH has been vaping VM Berry Blaze exclusively in an Evod since August 2015 - with some added VM Menthol.
She would most likely be smoking if it werent for this juice.
I also vape it pretty much every morning

Hola Chikas!

Today I'm squeezing in a review of VM Berry Blaze!

I received my Berry Blaze on Thursday, along with my staple of XXX, and a few more of the VM range to try out. I must say that right of the bat this is a delicious vape that is definitely another special creation of VM.

Website description - "Sweet, luscious, delicious mix of berries. This magical mix bursts with blazing berry flavor."

All I can say is yes. I loaded up my Goblin Mini at 0.4ohms and some Rayon, and straight away my mouth was filled with the most amazing sensation of a full fruity extravaganza. I can't pick out the individual flavours yet, but the imagery used of a pile of delicious, fresh berries used on the label is definitely well represented in the juice itself. It has been advised that a good steep does this juice wonders and I will add to this review once it has done so.

Even so, the is so ripe it actually gets my mouth watering with every vape. It makes me feel like a kid again, stuffing my mouth full of those small Sugus sweets! This is a very sweet vape!

At the recommendations of a few members I added a few drops of menthol to the tank, and I must admit that this turns this into a completely viable option for an ADV (if there was no XXX around). The complexity of a bowl full of berries, rounded of with a blast of menthol is absolute heaven for me.

Well done again @Oupa ! I'm glad I got a couple more to sample! Can't wait to try the rest of them out

Hi all my review will be on the beloved XXX and VM4 from @Oupa

XXX(3MG)
Equipment used - Subtank mini paired with Hana Modz.

Great refreshing pallet cleansing cool fruit on the inhale and a lovely frosty menthol with some indistinct ripe fruit exhale. I put the indistinct ripe fruit down to the fact that this juice has not steeped long enough as i only received it late last week. From previous experience i know the exhale will transform into a frosty litchi.

This is really a mindless ADV.

VM4(3MG)
Equipment used - Bellus paired with RX200.

This juice has a lovely sweet wet caramel inhale and a lovely dry (good dry like dry wine) ever so slight tobacco exhale.
the caramel is overpowering the tobacco at the moment but again this all balances out after a good few weeks of steeping.
i also love the fact that i cannot taste any AP maybe its not there or maybe its used properly.

This too is an ADV the biggest problem is figuring out which of these two to Vape.

great stuff @Oupa keep it up. juices are really top notch

Last edited:
Hola Chikas!

Today I'm squeezing in a review of VM Berry Blaze!

I received my Berry Blaze on Thursday, along with my staple of XXX, and a few more of the VM range to try out. I must say that right of the bat this is a delicious vape that is definitely another special creation of VM.

Website description - "Sweet, luscious, delicious mix of berries. This magical mix bursts with blazing berry flavor."

All I can say is yes. I loaded up my Goblin Mini at 0.4ohms and some Rayon, and straight away my mouth was filled with the most amazing sensation of a full fruity extravaganza. I can't pick out the individual flavours yet, but the imagery used of a pile of delicious, fresh berries used on the label is definitely well represented in the juice itself. It has been advised that a good steep does this juice wonders and I will add to this review once it has done so.

Even so, the is so ripe it actually gets my mouth watering with every vape. It makes me feel like a kid again, stuffing my mouth full of those small Sugus sweets! This is a very sweet vape!

At the recommendations of a few members I added a few drops of menthol to the tank, and I must admit that this turns this into a completely viable option for an ADV (if there was no XXX around). The complexity of a bowl full of berries, rounded of with a blast of menthol is absolute heaven for me.

Well done again @Oupa ! I'm glad I got a couple more to sample! Can't wait to try the rest of them out

Great review @Stosta
So glad you added the menthol!
VM Berry Blaze menthol for the win!! Yeah baby!

Only 3 entries so far... anyone else that still needs to get their review in? We will announce the winners this evening, so there is still time.

I recently ordered a huge batch and I have to say that not one flavor disappointed me.

My favourite being the XXX.

Setup used: Avocado 24 with Dual Fused Claptons on a RX200s

As always when I got the package I was thrilled. I got about 600ml's of XXX with one bottle having 3mg nic in. I then immediately started vaping it and although it still needed a bit of steeping it was quite a treat. I finished 100ml in the first week. I guess you could say I got hooked. That minty fruity blast is one of few perfectly balanced juices for me.

I mixed a bit of XXX and berry blaze but it could not compare to the original.

Just want to say thanks to @Oupa for the amazing juices!

Hey Guys,

I wanted to just add to this thread on a couple of samples bottles I purchased from Vapour Mountain. I’m not going to do a full-blown review for each one, but rather just some tasting notes that might be helpful for others that are looking at some of these.

Just some background on my preferences first. My absolute ADV is XXX, with my two “treat” vapes being Debbie Does Donuts and @Sickboy77 's Apple Cake, along with some DIY mixes that only @Greyz knows the name of. I love my fruit vapes, and have yet to find anything else that comes close to XXX in terms of an ADV for me. I’m the kind of person that battles to put my experiences into words, so some of my descriptions might be completely nonsensical.

Anyway, you can tell my wife doesn’t let me talk at home because given half a chance I don’t shut up, so let’s just get down to it shall we?

Equipment Used:

Hugo Honeyhive

Trinity SubX Tank

0.62 Kanthal 26g Coil

Around 30W

Vapour Mountain VM4 (6mg)

vm4-300x297.jpg

Website Blurb

Our secret in-house recipe! Our take on the famous RY4 style blends:

Mild flavourful tobacco blended with caramel and vanilla, topped off with a few secret ingredients. Very pleasant and mellow vape! (Our blend master’s all day vape)

My Experience

A really interesting vape. I’m not a fan of tobacco flavours, but the prominence of the caramel definitely compliments well with it. It smells like absolute heaven, and was really difficult to set aside for steeping. I can’t quite put it into words, because the caramel is the dominant flavor for me, with hints of tobacco, but it doesn’t seem sweet. It has quite a creamy taste, but I didn’t “feel” the creaminess, it came across with me as a quite dry.

In saying that my 10ml sample bottle didn’t last long at all, and while it was in my tank my mod didn’t leave my hand. A nice throat hit, that really adds a little something to the juice.

Verdict

A tasty vape to say the least, but it isn’t my kind of vape. I feel I need something sweeter, but the caramel is plenty sweet, so maybe it was just fruitiness that I felt was missing (No comments please @Feliks Karp , I know I’m fruity enough).

Vapour Mountain Banana Cream

banana-cream-300x300.jpg

Website Blurb

Rich and ripe bananas covered in delicious cream.

My Experience

Another great smelling little bottle that watched me while it steeped. It was with great excitement that I loaded this one up. I have been looking for a banana flavour for a while now (even though as a kid I hated anything banana-flavoured, in my old age I seem to be pining for anything banana-flavoured, again, no dirty comments please).

This flavor is a lot more subtle than the other VM stuff that I’m used to, it also has a very smooth (or small) throat-hit. The banana flavor is kind of like the milkshake you might expect, but then dancing around the edges of my tongue is the subtle hint of the taste of a genuine banana, the “real” banana flavor becomes more potent as you increase your wattage. Beautifully smooth, a nice long pull gives you the feeling of drinking a really great milkshake.

Verdict

A great juice, and on my next order I’m definitely going to pick some up in 3mg (so I can give it a bash on my “cloudier” devices). But as my ADV preference is a high-build-low-wattage setup, I feel that it is just a bit too subtle. I’m strange like that though, I prefer the subtle juices with my bigger mods, but for my smaller mods I need a juice that punches me in the face with a barrage of flavor.

Vapour Mountain Passion Peach

passion-peach-300x300.png

Website Blurb

Appealing and sweet… perfect blend of peach and granadilla!

My Experience

Out of the three juices I reckon I was most excited to try this one. I’m convinced (rightly or wrongly, only a few know) that XXX contains both of these ingredients, so the chance to try a potential alternate version of my favourite juice from the same maker is very exciting to me.

The smell isn’t great, and just from the smell I can tell I’m off on my suspicions regarding XXX ingredients. But I let the little guy sit and steep, and finally get the chance to load him up! After my wick had broken in, I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of peach I managed to pick up. I had actually forgotten that it was called “Passion Peach”, and so was prepared for the passion fruit but not the peach.

In my DIY days I played around a lot with peach, but never EVER managed to get it right. It may have been that I wasn’t using the right concentrate (I think it was TFA Juicy Peach), but everything I made, at whatever percentage came out with a chemical-like aftertaste. I so badly wanted to have the impression of biting into a juicy peach, but sadly never achieved it, and that dream was boxed away and forgotten about.

Until now… Genuinely impression of biting into a nice ripe peach. Quietly rounded off with just a hint of the passion fruit. A deliciously sweet vape, with just enough flavor to keep me going for more. Like the VM Banana Cream, and unlike VM XXX, the flavours are subtle, so probably suiting a higher build to really make it shine for me, but a really really nice juice.

Verdict

Definitely going to go on my list of 100mls to keep in my stock. I can’t wait to get to summer again, to dust off the braai, get some shisanyama going, crack open a couple of craft beers, and chug on some VM Passion Peach!

Conclusion (TL;DR)

Wow! I get a lot of complaints from my work collegues that everytime I send an email it turns into an entire thesis that they have to churn through when all I actually had to say was “Piss off and ask someone else”. Looks like it’s a habit, so my apologies.

VM VM4 – Not for me, the tobacco isn’t my style.

VM Banana Cream – A good juice, need to get some more in 3mg to see if I can bring out a bit more on a higher build.

VM Passion Peach – Great juice! If you’re a fan of fruit vapes, or like the idea of a good ripe peach, give this one a go. It will definitely find a place in my rotation

Hope this helps someone out there. If it has inspired you to try some of these, please don’t forget to put some XXX, Berry Blaze, and some Tropical Ice in your basket.

Well done @Oupa and everyone at Vapour Mountain, if you’re ever in Durban please let me know so you can sign my breast!

VM Aztec Ozomahtli review
http://www.vapourmountain.co.za/shop/new/ozomahtli-50ml-3mg/

website-thumbnail-ozomahtli-300x300.png

Be warned that this juice likes a lot of heat so your device needs to pack the watts to do so, it was rather plain in my Kayfun V3 mini.
I decided to toss in a twisted 30g coil and it was still rather plain even at 35w.

Next up was the Kayfun 5 with a 7 wrap spaced 26G SS316L, at 37w it was a "nice" biscuit with undertones that one cant quite place.
At 44w it was another story altogether, the macadamia came through nicely with a pleasant partnership of a chocolate, closer in flavour to cocoa powder, the biscuit faded slightly into the background.
At higher power levels, 65W, the macadamia became more dominant so it became watt hunt for the best flavour balance.

Ozomahtli @ 3mg gives a decent throat hit and is a very satisfying vape with the flavour combinations, it was very easy to get "silver plated".

Recommended by @Oupa for drippers and I can see why, I'd also add that it shouldnt be considered for smaller atomisers or commercial coils.
After 16ml(4 tanks) the cotton (CB V2) had the appearance of overheated hotmelt glue and the flavour had abated.

It tastes like the website pic suggests and while its not quite an all day vape due to its ease of overwhelming your taste buds, its very tasty and the reason why I bought another bottle before leaving.

ps. goes well with strong coffee. :)

Be warned that this juice likes a lot of heat so your device needs to pack the watts to do so, it was rather plain in my Kayfun V3 mini.
I decided to toss in a twisted 30g coil and it was still rather plain even at 35w.

Next up was the Kayfun 5 with a 7 wrap spaced 26G SS316L, at 37w it was a "nice" biscuit with undertones that one cant quite place.
At 44w it was another story altogether, the macadamia came through nicely with a pleasant partnership of a chocolate, closer in flavour to cocoa powder, the biscuit faded slightly into the background.
At higher power levels, 65W, the macadamia became more dominant so it became watt hunt for the best flavour balance.

Ozomahtli @ 3mg gives a decent throat hit and is a very satisfying vape with the flavour combinations, it was very easy to get "silver plated".

Recommended by @Oupa for drippers and I can see why, I'd also add that it shouldnt be considered for smaller atomisers or commercial coils.
After 16ml(4 tanks) the cotton (CB V2) had the appearance of overheated hotmelt glue and the flavour had abated.

It tastes like the website pic suggests and while its not quite an all day vape due to its ease of overwhelming your taste buds, its very tasty and the reason why I bought another bottle before leaving.

Interesting, I think I need to try this on a single coil to separate the notes as you've experienced, I've only run this through dual Kanthal or SS316L coil tanks with 2.5mm 6 wrap setups. Between 35 and 40W I get all the flavour notes at once. I rarely do more than a tankful of any flavour so I haven't noticed the wick gunking.

ps. Most things go well with strong coffee :D

Interesting, I think I need to try this on a single coil to separate the notes as you've experienced, I've only run this through dual Kanthal or SS316L coil tanks with 2.5mm 6 wrap setups. Between 35 and 40W I get all the flavour notes at once. I rarely do more than a tankful of any flavour so I haven't noticed the wick gunking.

ps. Most things go well with strong coffee :D
I tried it on the Aromamizer Supreme with dual spaced 7 wrap SS coils and wasnt too impressed, macadamia prominent but everything quite muted, hellva vapour though.
At the mo Im trying TC 38.3J 6wraps SS, at 252deg its macadamia with undertones of cocoa and at 232deg the cocoa is more prominent.
Trying this juice with TC is like a small kid on his first visit to the playground running around jumping on all the rides to find the best.

Last edited:

@blujeenz ..couldnt agree more...for me this juice is the best and i adv it..makes xxx taste like a normal juice.

this is a winner juice that exceeds the best international juices out there

love it!

After i have noticed @Rob Fisher posting about XXX juice in soooooooo many posts i thought that it had to be brilliant, out-of-this-world, uniquely fantastic, the "tits" and a must try i got me a bottle...... vaped it low, vaped it high, vaped it single coil and vaped it double coil .

Verdict: confirmed that taste is subjective but glad you enjoy it.

Hope you get a special price for all the marketing. :)

After i have noticed @Rob Fisher posting about XXX juice in soooooooo many posts i thought that it had to be brilliant, out-of-this-world, uniquely fantastic, the "tits" and a must try i got me a bottle...... vaped it low, vaped it high, vaped it single coil and vaped it double coil .

I have got to the stage where I pretty much vape XXX 98% of the time. I just wish I could get to love one or two other juices but I have almost given up hoping to find something else.

Absolutely a great juice, and so subjectively think many vapers as it was joint winner of the best of the best local juices, first in Mint/Menthol and second in Fruit - http://www.ecigssa.co.za/top-of-the-top-best-of-the-best-local-juice-2016-result.t22369/.

Some more marketing for you:).

The Aztec Collection - Ozomahtli
So Benji was quite the boss and hooked a few mates and myself up with new Aztec Range to try out. At first, I wasn't quite sure of it from the smell of the juice. But vaping it from my Kennedy RDA and Limitless Plus RDTA, the flavour flows. You can definitely taste the macadamia with the inhale and the exhale tickles the taste buds with a subtle chocolate cookie. A definite must if you dig the cookie/biscuit vibe. All-in-all, I would say this is an all day vape. Thumbs up, Benji! Rad juice!

@Silver I ordered some 100ml Strawberry which @Oupa kindly mixed for me at 1mg. My intent is to copy your strawberry ice recipe so will keep you updated. I vaped a tank of this as is though and its damn good. IMO this should also be part of the lineup as sold at various vendors. I have been underwhelmed by a lot of strawberry milkshake or strawberries and cream vapes but this is really a yummy straightforward strawberry vape which wifey also likes( she cant pick up on my complex vape flavours). So very stoked to turn some of this into a menthol vape

Back