Vladdin Slide - Review

StompieZA

Reviewer, DIY Lover & Flavor Chaser
LV

Awards
f-slide-product-01.jpg

The first Aio Pod System with a sliding panel. The VLADDIN slide provides a powerful output using mesh coil. The panel has been slide tested over 50000 times without breaking and this seems to be the “main” feature Vladdin is raving about on this device, so let’s slide past this feature and take a deeper look…see what did there ? lol

Item Name : Vladdin Slide
Manufacturer: Vladdin
Cost: $38 (R580 at the current exchange rate
Available Locally: Still to be launched in SA

***DISCLAIMER*** This device was supplied to me by @Alisa from Vladdin for the purpose of reviewing the product for them and providing my personal feedback and opinion of this device.

As usual, here are the unboxing pictures of the box and device

IMG_20191002_174356.jpg IMG_20191002_174415.jpg IMG_20191002_175234.jpg IMG_20191002_174520.jpg IMG_20191002_174557.jpg IMG_20191002_174611.jpg IMG_20191002_174639.jpg IMG_20191002_174707.jpg IMG_20191002_175110.jpg IMG_20191002_175119.jpg IMG_20191002_174532.jpg IMG_20191002_174546.jpg IMG_20191002_174833.jpg IMG_20191002_174813.jpg IMG_20191002_174437.jpg

What’s inside the box you ask?

1 x VLADDIN Slide device
1 x VLADDIN Slide Pod
1 x 0.8Ohm Mesh coil (Pre-installed in the pod)
1 x 1.2Ohm Regular coil
1 x USB Cable
1 x User Manual

upload_2019-10-4_9-50-20.png

Technical specifications are also important, so here they are:

upload_2019-10-4_9-50-27.png

Unboxing and Setup:

The Slide comes packaged in a very neat box with a slip-on cover, Once the cover is removed the box flips open revealing the mod, pod and extras all neatly packed in separate compartments. The device is packaged in a plastic bag, and I like it when manufacturers do this.

The Pod comes pre-installed with the 0.8ohm DL Mesh coil ready to be used. I removed the coil from the pod by turning the bottom part which removes the coil. The coil is then attached to the bottom part which makes connection to the device and has the airflow ring which is loose and can be removed so be careful not to lose it! Primed up the coil on the 4 wick holes and fitted back to the pod, filled up the pod and waited 5 minutes and we were ready to vape.

5 Clicks to power up the device and 3 clicks to change the power settings between 3 options as per below:

upload_2019-10-4_9-50-34.png

Looks and aesthetics

The Slide is a very small device with not much to it other than the sliding door that has a resin inlay into the door. The front of the device has 3 LED lights that indicate the battery life and a 4th LED that will light up in blue, green or red depending on your power setting selected. On the back of the device the device name Slide is embossed into the body.

Now one of the main marketing features of the Slide is well…..you guessed it…the Sliding door. According to Vladdin, they have done a test by sliding the door up and down 50,000 times without any failure, so no doubt it wont fail while using it!

slide-06.gif

Vaping and user experience?

I am really enjoying the Slide kit and the way it vapes a lot, been carrying it around for the past couple of days and haven’t touched my normal daily dual battery setup as this slide is so convenient especially with a good Nic salt liquid. The battery life is great, and the flavor is awesome! The device doesn’t provide clouds for days when the airflow is closed but with the airflow fully open the device gives even more flavor and way more clouds. The device is simple to use and is a great daily carry around due to its size.

Flavour & Coils

Both the Mesh coil and the regular coils provide excellent flavor with the mesh coil being my ultimate favorite here. The flavor out of the tiny mesh coil is unbelievable and compares to my RTA. The MTL 1.2ohm coil works great, is restrictive as hell and provides good flavor even with the airflow fully opened. The 0.8Mesh coil provides excellent flavor on any airflow setting but I have been using the Slide with 10% airflow open to get that authentic MTL experience. I won’t recommend vaping anything higher than 60/40 with these tiny little coils, I cant see them coping!

upload_2019-10-4_9-50-58.png

Refill and airflow

Refilling is super easy if you can manage to get the rubber seal to open while the pod is installed. Simply open the rubber plug and fill away…as easy as that. The pods are a charcoal translucent color making it easy to see the liquid level. I didn’t experience any spilling while filling the pod.

upload_2019-10-4_9-51-5.png

The airflow of this device is designed to provide each user the ability to easily self-adjust the airflow. I do find it a bit difficult doing this with the pod housed in the device but it is possible. The airflow adjusts from completely closed or 10% open which works great for MTL and fully open for a good DL vape.

upload_2019-10-4_9-51-17.png

Battery Life, Is it that good?

Great, really it is great! I fully charged the device before starting to test and use the device. I have managed a full 2 days on the highest power setting and using this device as my primary device.

Available Colors:

Vladdin has only released the following 4 colors for the Slide. I think all of them look great.

upload_2019-10-4_9-51-25.png

Let’s get down to the nitty gritty! The want to hears and the not’s!

My Pro's
  • Great flavor, one of the best
  • Adjustable airflow for tight MTL and open for a good loose but restrictive DL draw.
  • Slide feature is cool, I dig it!
  • Absolutely no leaking from the coil or pod
  • 2 full day battery life (using it as my only device while testing)
  • Small and good-looking device, fits your hand or pocket with ease
  • Fast charging
  • Easy on juice consumption, a full pod lasted me a day using it as my primary device.
  • 2 x coils included (Regular MTL and Mesh DL)
  • Easy coil replacement
My Cons's
  • Getting the refill rubber plug open with the pod installed is a mission, I had to remove the pod to get it open.
  • Adjusting the airflow on the coil – Also a mission with the pod installed but possible
  • Coil to mouthpiece slightly off center, OCD says is should have and could have been perfectly centered.
My Verdict?
Its a great little device that is super easy to use, looks great and offers excellent flavor from both coils. The airflow adjustable ring is great, just wish it was a little easier to adjust while the pod is installed. Battery life for days, no literally...two days! If this had an RBA option i would easily give it 9 out of 10!!

Recommendation out of 10: 7 out of 10
Recommend to Vapers :
Yes

Looks like a good post system.
Thanks for sharing

Thanks, Yeah im enjoying this pod and im not a huge pod fan like you know. Havent touched my big setup yet cause this is so convenient

Back