Voopoo Argus GT

Schuits

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
I recently got myself one of these and thought I could contribute my feedback.

This is a pretty sleek yet powerful kit, that fits nicely into my hand. While it may be called a pod system, it's more of a hybrid as the coils are replaceable and simply pop into the tank. The flavor and clouds are simply amazing.

My critique:
While the tank has a magnetic connection that allows it to be swapped for another tank easily enough, I didn't see the benefit of this system, other than maybe if you quickly want to swap flavours.

The device drains batteries and liquid incredibly fast, and a coil has lasted me about a week (around 1000 puffs). The plastic mouthpiece can get hot with repeated drags. With the .15ohm pnp coil I got a fair amount of spit back, regardless of the wattage I set. I suspect it needs a thicker liquid than the 70/30 I've been using. I don't much care for the rubber port used to fill the e-liquid, it's a bit finicky and invariably gets a bit messy. I'm sure over time the tank will need to be replaced when the rubber wears down.

Thanks for the info, quite informative.

I think quite a few members on the forum have managed to get their hands on this device. Can anyone else provide info on their experience with this device and the tank? I've been quite interested in this since I first saw it.

@Dela Rey Steyn, I know you recently acquired one, what are your views on it?

I thoroughly enjoy mine! Has great power and flavour. Only had some leakage on the 0.2Ohm coil, none so far on the 1.5ohm coils. I use the magnetic base for exactly that, switching between flavours on the fly. I haven't had any spitback from the 0.15ohm coils, but they are thirsty indeed. But for the flavour i'm getting, it's a small price to pay. Already thinking of getting a second one. I love the form factor and size of the mod, it's comfortable to carry around.

I thoroughly enjoy mine! Has great power and flavour. Only had some leakage on the 0.2Ohm coil, none so far on the 1.5ohm coils. I use the magnetic base for exactly that, switching between flavours on the fly. I haven't had any spitback from the 0.15ohm coils, but they are thirsty indeed. But for the flavour i'm getting, it's a small price to pay. Already thinking of getting a second one. I love the form factor and size of the mod, it's comfortable to carry around.

Awesome!!! Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the info. Like I said, I'm quite interested in this, but I've never actually used a "sub-ohm" style tank, so I have no idea what to expect. Something that bugs me about "sub-ohm" style tanks are the coils and the availability of those coils in the future. If online stores, or B&M stores can't find any stock of those coils or if they decide to stop stocking the coils then you're pretty much stuck.

Awesome!!! Glad you're enjoying it and thanks for the info. Like I said, I'm quite interested in this, but I've never actually used a "sub-ohm" style tank, so I have no idea what to expect. Something that bugs me about "sub-ohm" style tanks are the coils and the availability of those coils in the future. If online stores, or B&M stores can't find any stock of those coils or if they decide to stop stocking the coils then you're pretty much stuck.
The beauty of the Argus GT is that you can use it with any regular tank as well!

Been running my GT for a couple of weeks now, it works brilliant with the PnP tank (smart mode and RBA mode). And having the option of sticking any tank on is good.

Love the form and the weight (or lack thereoff in this case)! Definitely a mod i'll be using until the screws fall out. Unless something else comes along that I fancy more, but for now it does what I need it to do.

Have also noticed that it drains the battery quicker than my Vapor Storm, my guess is because of the Gene Chip that is working overtime all the time it will just chow down on the power. For me the chip is trying to work too well though, it is overthinking it by trying to make adjustments for you all the time. Its different if you look at the DNA250C's replay mode, that is specific for the temp control wires. But when i put a RDA on I want to pick my watts and have some faster ramp-up, this mod is not the one to do it. It feels a bit underpowered when hitting 50watts compared to my other dual battery mods.

Works great with MTL tanks, have decided that is what I am going to run on it now.

Would I suggest it to a new vaper just getting into external battery mods: yes I would!

Would I suggest it to someone that knows his way around vaping: yes I would, if their intent is to use it as an out and about setup or just want something they can stick in the top pocket or want some more battery life for their MTL's and dont want to carry extra batteries around.

For the PnP tank, I have one and the Mrs has 2 (the PnP tank and the Drag S). Love the coil options, ran all of them already. For her the 0.6Ω works perfect, for me the 0.15Ω is the best, but I tend to kill any stock coil in 3 to 5 days.... Adjustable airflow works great, the tip, although you cant put your own driptip on, works fine for DL but not so good when dialing the airflow down for MTL. (the V.Suit option will fix that up). 4.5ml juice capacity is a win win whichever way you look at it. So my PnP is on the shelve with some Coffee Cream in it for when I feel like a bit of warm and fuzzy downtime, but once I have burnt through that coil it is going back in the box (or on one of the Mrs' mods). Will keep it for when ever I go camping again just to have something sturdy by my side.

All in all it is brilliant in kit form. The chip does what it is designed to do. The Tank (and it's ratings) speaks for itself. The Mod works, but don't expect fireworks or that it will replace your Aegis/Vaporesso/etc dual battery mods...

It's lightweight, powerful and smaller if we classify it with other dual battery mods. However this mod doesn't appeal to me because of limited TCR feature. I find it quite annoying not to include proper TCR system to the mod.

I am an TC enthusiast, TC is beauty of vaping and future as well. If I were a manufacturer my first regulated device would be with TC mode only. I am talking about the mod that have very clear menu system to direct user to set parameters easily.

It's lightweight, powerful and smaller if we classify it with other dual battery mods. However this mod doesn't appeal to me because of limited TCR feature. I find it quite annoying not to include proper TCR system to the mod.

I am an TC enthusiast, TC is beauty of vaping and future as well. If I were a manufacturer my first regulated device would be with TC mode only. I am talking about the mod that have very clear menu system to direct user to set parameters easily.
It does have the TCR parameters that you can set
In TC mode hold the + and - together and this menu comes up
As u can see TCR value here is 132. I can tell you I have played with this and it works really well. Right now the TC on this device works just as well as the TC on my DNA mod. Just for interest this TCR value of 132 is what I use for my SS 316 200 grit mesh running on my Zeus X Mesh RTA
2652b1098a2a7b4d6743f6b83ec4cb4f.jpg

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
It does have the TCR parameters that you can set
In TC mode hold the + and - together and this menu comes up
As u can see TCR value here is 132
2652b1098a2a7b4d6743f6b83ec4cb4f.jpg

I know, but this is just limited to certain unstable wires and with limited space to play around. This is not TCR, this is not what you would expect a mod with this calibre. I already communicated with support center of Voopoo, I wished to talk someone who has deep knowledge. Unfortunately I talked to someone like Robot, just repeated what I asked for.

I know, but this is just limited to certain unstable wires and with limited space to play around. This is not TCR, this is not what you would expect a mod with this calibre. I already communicated with support center of Voopoo, I wished to talk someone who has deep knowledge. Unfortunately I talked to someone like Robot, just repeated what I asked for.
So what are you actually looking for

So what are you actually looking for

Everything beyond below feedback, especially bold section of it.
hi,
Currently only SS/NI/TI options are available and Argus GT doesn't support customization via computer
Coil coefficient could only be adjusted in allowance range, and wattage could be adjusted at the same time.

Everything beyond below feedback, especially bold section of it.
hi,
Currently only SS/NI/TI options are available and Argus GT doesn't support customization via computer
Coil coefficient could only be adjusted in allowance range, and wattage could be adjusted at the same time.
Urm ... You can get the TCR value from the internet for almost all wire types then simply put that value into that field. Right now it sounds like you want, what ecribe is to the DNA chip, where you can use ecribe to communicate and customize your mod... Which is something most mods do not have other the DNA

On that screen I posted you can set both TCR value (a vary wide range I might add) and wattage..
That is no different than what you can do now with most mods, the Vaspresso Gen as an example.
In essence once you have setup the TCR and wattage you should not need to change it...
To change the wattage mode and TCR values, on this mod chipset, is a lot easier than on most other chipsets

Urm ... You can get the TCR value from the internet for almost all wire types then simply put that value into that field. Right now it sounds like you want, what ecribe is to the DNA chip, where you can use ecribe to communicate and customize your mod... Which is something most mods do not have other the DNA

On that screen I posted you can set both TCR value (a vary wide range I might add) and wattage..
That is no different than what you can do now with most mods, the Vaspresso Gen as an example.
In essence once you have setup the TCR and wattage you should not need to change it...
To change the wattage mode and TCR values, on this mod chipset, is a lot easier than on most other chipsets

Dicodes does it, simple mods with arctic fox compatible does it, yihi does it. You know joyetech, wismec, eleaf products from 2015 can do it with arctic fox or I call it as tiny dna.
I am not sure if I articulate well my concern, I had drag 2 and I remember how it fires in wattage mode. Without wide TCR we can't talk about TC function, I used Stealthvape and Zivipf Nife30 wires only for TCR because I believe only with these and Ni200 can give precise TC performance but not not easy to deal with Ni200. Because of softness of material, ohm problems etc., it is just headache. I am also very much angry with manufacturers that they don't drive vapers to the right direction but compete on stupid areas. Vaping is not just firing and inhaling, if any user start to understand how much TC vaping can contribute their health, joy and any good things you may think of, nobody would use Wattage mode apart from cloud chaser.

Dicodes does it, simple mods with arctic fox compatible does it, yihi does it. You know joyetech, wismec, eleaf products from 2015 can do it with arctic fox or I call it as tiny dna.
I am not sure if I articulate well my concern, I had drag 2 and I remember how it fires in wattage mode. Without wide TCR we can't talk about TC function, I used Stealthvape and Zivipf Nife30 wires only for TCR because I believe only with these and Ni200 can give precise TC performance but not not easy to deal with Ni200. Because of softness of material, ohm problems etc., it is just headache. I am also very much angry with manufacturers that they don't drive vapers to the right direction but compete on stupid areas. Vaping is not just firing and inhaling, if any user start to understand how much TC vaping can contribute their health, joy and any good things you may think of, nobody would use Wattage mode apart from cloud chaser.
Okay I shall step back from this one... Right now if you know how to use TC, as you do, and here I would also like to include myself, then this mod performs exceptionally well. I have the DNA, yihi and other devices and I can tell you this.
I bought this mod today and in a few seconds I have it performing better than my dna and yihi in TC mode and this running on the vandy vape SS 316 200 grit mesh in a Zeus mesh RTA.
I had to set my TCR value to 132 which is way beyond the value of 092 for SS 316L but that is because it is a mesh mat strip
I actually hit my perfect TC sweet spot on this mod, for this mesh, in a couple of minutes of fiddling, versus the hours I spent on ecribe with my DNA and also on my yihi sx class mod
Anyway I see your point.
That said to get TC working properly takes a good understanding of TC fundementals and lots of trial and error as each mod (chipset) differs.

I still dont understand your comment of "wide tcr range" as on this mod you can set a very wide range value for the TCR value

Last edited:
Okay I shall step back from this one... Right now if you know how to use TC, as you do, and here I would also like to include myself, then this mod performs exceptionally well. I have the DNA, yihi and other devices and I can tell you this.
I bought this mod today and in a few seconds I have it performing better than my dna and yihi in TC mode and this running on the vandy vape SS 316 200 grit mesh in a Zeus mesh RTA.
I had to set my TCR value to 132 which is way beyond the value of 092 for SS 316L but that is because it is a mesh mat strip
I actually hit my perfect TC sweet spot on this mod, for this mesh, in a couple of minutes of fiddling, versus the hours I spent on ecribe with my DNA and also on my yihi sx class mod
Anyway I see your point.
That said to get TC working properly takes a good understanding of TC fundementals and lots of trial and error as each mod (chipset) differs.

I still dont understand your comment of "wide tcr range" as on this mod you can set a very wide range value for the TCR value

I have no idea what just happened!! o_O:risas3:

I have been vaping for about two years now, exclusively so for the past 10 months, and I have only ever used Wattage modes on all my devices. I am sure TC/TCR (not sure about the differences, if there are any) has its benefits for those that use it, but I have never felt the need for explore this mode. I enjoy the fact that I can slap some batteries in a mod, put my atty on, select my desired wattage and just vape away. If the draw feels to hot, I decrease the wattage and if the is too cool, I increase the wattage, until I find the sweet spot between flavour and the "heat" of the draw. Once I've found the wattage I prefer on a specific mod/atty, I stick to it and I don't have to mess around with it again.
So suffice to say, I have absolutely no idea what the gist of this conversation was.

From what I've seen online in forums like this one and on quite a few Youtube channels, TC/TCR is not AS widely used as it was in previous years, again, I've never used TC/TCR so I wouldn't know. This of course, is not say that people do not use this mode any more, but I think a lot of people enjoy the ease of just straight up Wattage mode. Each to their own and for me, right now, I'll stick to what I know.

Thanks for the info on the TC/TCR capabilities on the Argus GT, I think those that prefer TC/TCR to wattage mode will most definitely have found the information you provided helpful and insightful.

Nostrovia :borra2:

Back