WARNING: The Efest 3000mAh "35A" battery now uses a 10A cell!

kimbo

Flavor Junky
VIP
LV

Awards
WARNING: The Efest 3000mAh "35A" battery now uses a 10A cell!

**************Please read this first************

The Efest that I gave a 20A rating to in my Nov 5, 2015 test has been replaced by what appears to be a LG MH1. This is a 10A cell!

Dammit Efest!

This was brought to my attention by /u/karmapopsicle from the electronic-cigarette subreddit. To be honest, I didn't think the pictures he had showed that Efest had switched cells. But he was correct on all counts. He was kind enough to send two cells to me and they clearly show that Efest is using a different cell which appears to be the LG MH1. Thank you karmapopsicle!

The anti-counterfeit codes were checked for both of the new cells. They are genuine Efest cells.

I am frakkin' pissed off! Efest, this is truly despicable behavior. Giving a 20A cell a 35A rating is bad enough. Now you're doing it with a 10A cell? How the hell do you people live with yourselves?

My sincere thanks to /u/karmapopsicle. The credit for discovering this goes 100% to him.

If you want to see which one you might have then check out the test report at ECF, there's a picture of the tops of both.

Test results, discharge graph, photos: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/…/warning-efest-purple-3…/

My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Mooch-1636157550007158/

All my test results to date: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/…/list-of-battery-tests.…/

Actual current ratings and the Safety Grades table for all the batteries I have tested: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/…/18650-safety-grades-pic…

We must boycott their products. Wankers!

Thanks for the headsup @kimbo
I hope all our retailers take note of this so that it helps them to advise us better and stock only the best.

Just dont understand why Efest would do that, surely they know it would hurt their reputation and sales big time?

Well I use the 2900mah and 2800mah efests and they perform well. I do however never use them above 12 Amps.

Have moved this thread to the "Batteries" forum

This is seriously uncool, people are going to get hurt, the whole Vaping industry is going to get hurt. Could this be the final nail in Efest's coffin?

Efest shall henceforth be known as FestFire

I knew there was something funny about this battery, i just felt it in my gut!
And the guys at Vapemob swore his life that this battery is the best and nothing will beat it! LOL!

Thanks for the post and information, this is great to know and i think that this will be the end of efest batteries.

Well guess I will not use my kangertech for a while :(

Sorry for posting again but i have to add (Since im actually pretty damn pissed off now) why do vendors not test the batteries they stock and also look at these things. Should they not be the ones that inform us or newbies on what would be better. My first battery was an efest, probably when they where still using good cells but i got smarter on what gear i use so that i dont blow my face or hands off.

Most vendors have been around long enough now to have some spare cash to test these things for us and guide is in the right direction, but im starting to get the feeling that some are in the business of making money not clouds.

Thanks, just in time. I was about to get two of them.

Sorry for posting again but i have to add (Since im actually pretty damn pissed off now) why do vendors not test the batteries they stock and also look at these things. Should they not be the ones that inform us or newbies on what would be better. My first battery was an efest, probably when they where still using good cells but i got smarter on what gear i use so that i dont blow my face or hands off.

Most vendors have been around long enough now to have some spare cash to test these things for us and guide is in the right direction, but im starting to get the feeling that some are in the business of making money not clouds.

In defence of vendors, its a very different skillset needed to properly check batteries, Im guessing most vendors had vaping as an initial passion with very good business management/ sales/ marketing skillsets.
I dont see an individual like Mooch with his very technical skillset ever running or starting up a Vape King or Sir Vape etc.

Its not just a simple purchase of a battery tester with performance load capabilities, otherwise we'd all have one sitting next to our coil jig and omnitester.

Would be nice if they did but we must remember they trust the manufacturers like we do :)

I knew there was something funny about this battery, i just felt it in my gut!
And the guys at Vapemob swore his life that this battery is the best and nothing will beat it! LOL!

Thanks for the post and information, this is great to know and i think that this will be the end of efest batteries.
To shoot down the vendor is unfair I think. Unless of course in the case where they were notified of the change, which I have doubts about. Many people have found a lot of joy from these efests prior to this despite the few incidents we have all heard of. Personally, I have never bought or used an efest and after hearing this I sure as hell never will. If this report is true this will be so damn hurtful to the vaping community. What were they thinking?

Well guess I will not use my kangertech for a while :(
Which efest did you get with your kit?
The big thing is to not over stress the Batt. So don't use high wattage builds rather stay sub 25w. Oh and don't take 10 loong hits in a row.

Use it wisely and rather save up to replace it with a Sony vtc4 or a LG Chocolate (or the turd as some call it). They are around R200 atm so one less juice for a month ;)

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Which efest did you get with your kit?
The big thing is to not over stress the Batt. So don't use high wattage builds rather stay sub 25w. Oh and don't take 10 loong hits in a row.

Use it wisely and rather save up to replace it with a Sony vtc4 or a LG Chocolate (or the turd as some call it). They are around R200 atm so one less juice for a month ;)

Actually I am charging it right now :oops: Sorry but the vapour mountain xxx :--P. Nah still using one of the stock coils so should be safe.

Yeah just keep in mind the rating is actually lower but if you keep it in safe parameters you will be fine.

So you should just give me the XXX :D

Yeah just keep in mind the rating is actually lower but if you keep it in safe parameters you will be fine.

So you should just give me the XXX :D

I am scared of battery explosions (thank you media) but I think you would really have to push a battery to extremes for that to happen :confused:?

Well you just need to push that battery's limit. If you exceed the rated continuous amp draw you may have problems. So use the link on page to find your battery and just make sure you use the safe wattage levels described.

Getting three of these for my kbox mini with the i4 charger

http://www.vapeking.co.za/samsung-inr18650-25r-2500mah.html

They are safe right?
I'm using 2 sets of 3 Samsung 25R (green ones) for my RX200 and they work very well indeed!
Should be perfect for the KBox, one batt should last you a day depending on amount of puffs and wattage used.

In the RX200 a set lasts me 3 days before reaching 1/2 way mark on the battery meter using my aromamizer in TC mode @ 40w.
With a lot of vaping in the car :D

Back