Wasp Nano - Recommended Coil Build

DougP

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
Help Wanted

Have a 75 watt single 18650 DNA squonker
Looking to fit a Wasp Nano 22mm Single Coil BF RDA

Any suggestions for a decent single coil build for this RDA ?

One problem however,
I'm allergic to nickel so cannot vape on any form of Nickel like Ni80, nichrome etc
Basically I'm limited to kanthal
a01b884deec74cd13e465b0b2962b463.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
You should also be able to do stainless. It can apparently be used in resistance and temp modes. Hopefully someone will be able to confirm this. A decent coil should be 3 core alien, 28 wrapped with 38 or higher, 3mm id

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@Stillwaters
Tx for coming back to me
Yip SS runs in both modes.
Although it has a small amount of nickel in I seem to be okay vaping on it as long as i don't vape to much
Any idea where I can buy these premade

Try get hold of coils by @smilelykumeenit, don't know which shops have his coils atm. Also The Coil Company, Vape Cartel often have his coils. Both also on Local Vendors sub forum. I know Lung Candy also has hand made coils but don't know much about them. Speak to Johan

I'm sure other vendors also have hand made coils as well. Btw, hand made coils are far superior to mass produced coils

Tx for that let the search continue

The problem I have is trying to get my hands on 36,38,40 g kanthal I have tried everybody and nobody can help it's as scarce as a live chicken roaming around in Ethiopia

Wire is a bit of a bit and miss, post in Who Has Stock. But if you get hand made coils you don't have to worry about sourcing the wire

If you are fine to use SS316L then @Throat Punch stocks some fantastic wire from Advanced Vape Supply. Pretty much all I use now, I am not sure how his stock levels are but he has/had fused (2 and 3 core) claptons with some high gauge wraps on them. E.g. 28x2 wrapped in 40g. They perform fantastically and I find the TC on them is far better than other SS wire I have tried, very even and tight wrapping on the wire.

If you build your own coils i would highly recommend Framed Staples with a 3mm diameter.
6 x 0.3 kanthal ribbons bordered with 28ga SS and claptoned with 28ga SS ......... absolutely amazing.
DSC_9497.JPG

Help Wanted

Have a 75 watt single 18650 DNA squonker
Looking to fit a Wasp Nano 22mm Single Coil BF RDA

Any suggestions for a decent single coil build for this RDA ?

One problem however,
I'm allergic to nickel so cannot vape on any form of Nickel like Ni80, nichrome etc
Basically I'm limited to kanthal
a01b884deec74cd13e465b0b2962b463.jpg

I'm vaping a very simple 9 wrap stainless steel 26ga on my Wasp Nano RDA and I'm very pleased with the result.
I can definitely recommend trying stainless steel over kanthal if you haven't before. I much prefer the ramp up time of stainless steel.

Tx for all the feedback guys I really appreciate all the responses and recommendations I'm gonna give them all a bash

Last edited:
I just ordered this rda from atomixe! Can't wait for it to arrive, and this thread has been right on que! @Blends Of Distinction let me know what works best for u

Will do I gonna start with the 9 wrap SS 26g as recommended while I try and smoooze up to Kzor to build
me some custom coils

Yohooo kzor do you drink Amstel or
Black label

Will do I gonna start with the 9 wrap SS 26g as recommended while I try and smoooze up to Kzor to build
me some custom coils

Yohooo kzor do you drink Amstel or
Black label

Haha, I'm hoping I win the dpro rda he has up for grabs, more for his custom coils he is equipping it with!

Nee bliksem manna !
Squonk they said it's really convenient
Press bottle hard with thumb ...
One thousand, two thousand ..
Release
Wow Victoria falls comming out the air holes
Clean mess (big mess)
Round two
Press bottle softly
One thousand, release ....
Scientific studies were correct we gonna die
Dry hit galore (formeldehyde definetly exists on a bone dry wick)
Rewick
Round three
Press hard ...
Nee bliksem Victoria falls time again
Round four ... naaaaa... break time
Pick up other mod with rdta have a big puff and then we can try again

To get used to squonking, take the cap off. Squeeze bottle gently and watch the juice coming up and wetting your wick. By watching it you'll get an idea of the pressure to use and how long to squeeze for. Do this for a while till you get used to it. You will also see the you need to squeeze harder the emptier the bottle is

Nee bliksem manna !
Squonk they said it's really convenient
Press bottle hard with thumb ...
One thousand, two thousand ..
Release
Wow Victoria falls comming out the air holes
Clean mess (big mess)
Round two
Press bottle softly
One thousand, release ....
Scientific studies were correct we gonna die
Dry hit galore (formeldehyde definetly exists on a bone dry wick)
Rewick
Round three
Press hard ...
Nee bliksem Victoria falls time again
Round four ... naaaaa... break time
Pick up other mod with rdta have a big puff and then we can try again

It takes a while, I have been going through this pain since Thursday last week with my first squonker and the nano. The Druga is a bit easier to use but I'm getting the hang of the nano now. Really like this RDA so I ordered a second one now for the second inbox .

696fec4b800a857d3410d046d9ea669f.jpg

Found my sweet spot
26g kanthal, 3mm ID, 7 wrap parallel
0.45 ohms @ 26.4 watts

696fec4b800a857d3410d046d9ea669f.jpg

Found my sweet spot
26g kanthal, 3mm ID, 7 wrap parallel
0.45 ohms @ 26.4 watts

How great is the flavour in this little thing, I know u can't use n80, but this is where perfection is for me! Will try this kanthal build next to see the difference

Dam you can almost put any build in here and it just works.

How great is the flavour in this little thing, I know u can't use n80, but this is where perfection is for me! Will try this kanthal build next to see the difference

Let me know would be interesting to see if I can come close to nichrome with regards to flavor

Let me know would be interesting to see if I can come close to nichrome with regards to flavor

Will do, I've currently only got 22g kanthal round wire for some low ohms... but the flavour in this wire has been great

Back