Wasp Nano Whistle

Perhaps only with the RDTA then. Picked up one for my wife today.

Just checked the site now. The RDA does not come with a coil but only cotton. I find that a little odd though.

Good one @Jean claude Vaaldamme
But doesnt that reduce the airflow?
It must, but I personally dont feel much difference, its a very thin elastic band right in the middle of hole, still openings top and bottom of holes. But what do I know? Wont know the diffs if airflow is restricted much. Maybe someone else should try and give feedback. If i can find a spare cap to buy somewhere I will play around maybe grinding that airholes more square

It must, but I personally dont feel much difference, its a very thin elastic band right in the middle of hole, still openings top and bottom of holes. But what do I know? Wont know the diffs if airflow is restricted much. Maybe someone else should try and give feedback. If i can find a spare cap to buy somewhere I will play around maybe grinding that airholes more square

That's cool, if it works for you and you like the vape you are getting - then GREAT!

The whistling of RDAs has been discussed a few times on the forum over the years. From what I can recall, it seems that on some RDAs this whistling is caused by air that "buffets" as it goes in. Apparently the edges of the airflow opening is too sharp or the shape is such that it whistles. Some folk have filed the edges of the airhole fractionally so it changes the airflow and stops the whistling.

Finally got mine to stop whistling by playing around with the coil placement... but now the spit back is back with a vengeance. Getting gatvol of this little RDA now as I can't seem to get it to where both whistle and spit back are gone. Will try more cotton next time. Won't get rid of it though, sits real pretty on my CREA

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

FINALLY! No spitting, no whistling, just awesome flavor!

961e2e5935d8f1b37f5264d3f43df758.jpg

Well done @baksteen8168 , how did you get it to work perfectly for you ?

Perhaps only with the RDTA then. Picked up one for my wife today.

Just checked the site now. The RDA does not come with a coil but only cotton. I find that a little odd though.
Where did you buy the rdta from and price? Any issues like leaking with them?

Just tried it without drip tip to make sure.

Still no spit-back.

Perhaps I don't hear the whistle because of my age. The older we get the more we lose high-frequency sounds. No one has complained yet.

We need detailed instructions and pictures.

Power point presentations would be nice

19b82e5c5d48ca8b9aa3c74499565a01.jpg

Send from this side of the screen

My guess is :

Wick tight, coil almost level with the top of the posts.

I have added a 10mm drip tip. Not for spit-back (which I don't get) but for comfort.

Yip, Tight wicking to the point where it tugs on the coil when pulling the wick through. 3mm ID coil positioned so that when I look through the air holes I can see slightly more coil showing on the bottom than the top. (but it's so close that you could probably just have the same amount of coil show top and bottom when looking from the side) I got my whistle from placing the coil too low.

Just tried it without drip tip to make sure.

Still no spit-back.

Perhaps I don't hear the whistle because of my age. The older we get the more we lose high-frequency sounds. No one has complained yet.
Oddly enough I get a slight whistle when I add my 510 drip tip to it. But for me the flavor is better without it, and because there is no spit back anymore I have no need (other than it being slightly more comfortable) to use the 510.

FINALLY! No spitting, no whistling, just awesome flavor!

961e2e5935d8f1b37f5264d3f43df758.jpg

Chicken Dinner @baksteen8168!! Followed your advice on coil placement and wicking and the whistle disappeared like a paycheck on Black Friday!
And flavour is on point as well! Dankie baksteen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c761532aca5616073662206b0067e49c.jpg

Chicken Dinner @baksteen8168!! Followed your advice on coil placement and wicking and the whistle disappeared like a paycheck on Black Friday!
And flavour is on point as well! Dankie baksteen!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
c761532aca5616073662206b0067e49c.jpg
You are most welcome @NOOB

That combo looks great as well!

Back