Weekend Projects

For all you DIY-ers and general handymen and woman, Have you seen something like this before?
I think its freakin awesome and I cant believe I have not seen this before.

For all you DIY-ers and general handymen and woman, Have you seen something like this before?
I think its freakin awesome and I cant believe I have not seen this before.

Never seen them, good luck finding them in SA.
BigClive did a review and found that the solder didnt penetrate to the core.
I'll stick with the traditional method thanks.

As @blujeenz says they don't penetrate very well. Big Clive says they could be useful in an emergency or in a low current application.

View attachment 231089

Very interesting, Thanks for the video. Like he said, For thicker gauge wire they might not work but from smaller gauge and lower current wires they work.
Me being a perfectionist I like the simplicity and look of it. When joining wires like this there is almost always they "Floppiness" in the wire.
But either way as long as the wires stick and it works I am a happy man...

As @blujeenz says they don't penetrate very well. Big Clive says they could be useful in an emergency or in a low current application.

View attachment 231089

Very interesting, Thanks for the video. Like he said, For thicker gauge wire they might not work but from smaller gauge and lower current wires they work.
Me being a perfectionist I like the simplicity and look of it. When joining wires like this there is almost always they "Floppiness" in the wire.
But either way as long as the wires stick and it works I am a happy man...
Never seen them, good luck finding them in SA.
BigClive did a review and found that the solder didnt penetrate to the core.
I'll stick with the traditional method thanks.

I've seen it before.
My take is, it's for someone not skilled at soldering. And where a quick fix might be needed till it can be properly repaired.

So it's an option in the toolbox.

DACC3750-6F1A-4581-9FD8-D0A50DD125FF.jpeg 4B1C144B-FFA2-4227-A388-D737A4A7DEC4.jpeg 7C992A66-F19C-4CF4-AA97-E0A33E0E1945.jpeg A4F481EF-9820-4C09-B74E-CB6232DDA56F.jpeg D8B0A8BA-31F3-41C9-AA3E-6DCC657D5E4E.jpeg CB64EF56-B88F-4FF2-8150-515B4CB5B4F8.jpeg 7292327C-A5CE-4D19-A2B4-FA86BC9504E3.jpeg 091493DD-C322-4100-815E-BBE418E6DC0F.jpeg
It has been time to replace the old wendyhouse I have not been using as a garden tool shed for about a decade so this is what finally replaced it. Really chuffed with the outcome.

Regards

Thanks guys, been Youtubing boatbuilders (Acorn to Arabella and Salt and Tar) and was really itching to push my DIY skills to the next level. I am an impatient person so forcing myself to slow down and just focusing on the current little task has really been a growth experience to me.

Regards

Thanks guys, been Youtubing boatbuilders (Acorn to Arabella and Salt and Tar) and was really itching to push my DIY skills to the next level. I am an impatient person so forcing myself to slow down and just focusing on the current little task has really been a growth experience to me.

Regards

So when do we start using it for the intended use???:D
I mean the copper pot would make awesome rustic furniture inside.

So when do we start using it for the intended use???:D
I mean the copper pot would make awesome rustic furniture inside.
Talking about the copper pot, been drinking some really awesome pure water after Friday's run.
IMG_5676.JPG
IMG_5705.JPG
Not a hint of chlorine anywhere in sight.

About time to go back to work after first time ever four weeks leave. Good retirement practice, tough at this rate my pension seems a little inadequate...

Regards

Talking about the copper pot, been drinking some really awesome pure water after Friday's run.
View attachment 231650
View attachment 231649
Not a hint of chlorine anywhere in sight.

About time to go back to work after first time ever four weeks leave. Good retirement practice, tough at this rate my pension seems a little inadequate...

Regards

The glass viewing chimney cap reducer thing...

Struggling to peel off the kitchen lino prior to tiling, tried heatgun, paint scrapers, sharpened spade etc.
Anybody have a better plan, perhaps @Resistance ?
View attachment 232168
The only thing that would work is a solvent like petrol, thinners etc. Something that will break the bonds. Or you can try this,
https://www.ctm.co.za/glue-remover-1l-product.html
I haven't used it ,but I highly recommend TFC products. Whatever products I've used of theirs worked.

Back