What did you Mix today?

To all the mix masters on here , I need to know what method do you guys and girls use to mark your bottles of mixes , I can't afford to buy a Brother labeling machine and pay about R300 for the tape. I have tried writing on the bottle with a permanent marker[1] , normal labels from CNA[2] , masking tape [3], label with clear cello tape over it [4,5] and it's not long before I have to play sniffer dog to determine what's going in the tank today .
20181208_165517[1].jpg

To all the mix masters on here , I need to know what method do you guys and girls use to mark your bottles of mixes , I can't afford to buy a Brother labeling machine and pay about R300 for the tape. I have tried writing on the bottle with a permanent marker[1] , normal labels from CNA[2] , masking tape [3], label with clear cello tape over it [4,5] and it's not long before I have to play sniffer dog to determine what's going in the tank today .
View attachment 153350
I just use normal labels but I put them at the bottom of the bottle, keeps them away from the juice and they seem to last longer and go siff!

Masking tape works for me. The caveat being that you absolutely must have bottles that don't leak, and must wipe the bottle off with a paper towel before applying the tape. If there is any juice on the bottle at all from mixing/shaking, the tape will come off. Or the juice will seep into the tape, rendering it almost transparent and illegible.

I write on the bottle with a permanent black marker
I only have about 3 or 4 "blends" not full DIY juices - so I only need 3 letters to tell me what it is.
The black ink stays on for quite a while (a few weeks at least). When it starts smudging, I just wipe the bottle and mark it again. But probably wont work if you have to write a bit of info on the bottle - like name and dates etc

View attachment 153350
Hey man, I've just started with DIY so I haven't really tested their lifespan but I used a permanent marker on some vinyl offcuts I had lying around and I'm pretty sure they're gonna last indefinitely. Self-adhesive vinyl is hydrophobic so it should work like a champion. Speaking from experience in the sign industry. You can probably pick up some offcuts for free from a local printer like Sign-a-rama or Jetline et al.

Now that is a brilliant idea , got vinyl for my Silhouette cutter that I never used so , great tip , thanx!:campeon2:

Last mixing session for December...a few restocks and some for the missus...

Raspberry Tart - a multi-layered raspberry tart
Crimson Cream | A Better Strawberry & Cream - a good looking S&C using LB VIC for a change
Sugar Cookies & Cream - still a classic...
Mother of Dragons' Milk - a generous restock
Berried Alive - a new berries and cream mix by Silky
BUDDERSTOTCH - a nice butterscotch bacco by Fear
Halfling's Leaf - an adaptation of Cardinal - addition of some creams - could work!
Arriba Arriba (Mexican Fried Ice Cream) - looks interesting indeed!
Yellow matter custard dripping from a dead dog's eye - what a name! Can’t wait for the steeep!
GG 2EZ - a watermelon and strawberry mix for the missus
Connoisseur - a fantastic mild tobacco with pear and apple. Delish...

Finally got round to mixing Prickly Victory for the first time.

Recipe is here (by hashslingingslashur)
https://alltheflavors.com/recipes/37881#prickly_victory_by_hashslingingslashur

Thanks to several of you diyers that have posted it before. It caught my eye because it has guava - and I like guava!

Looking forward to finding out how this simple 2 flavour recipe tastes...

5dc0129f272d6edc32f725a3628ffcaf.jpg

PS - this Prickly Victory smells amazing!
So that's a good sign

Mixed the following yesterday:

Cardinal - Again...
Prickly Victory - Again...
These are just so damn good.

Then I mixed some new ones to try out:
BamangoMi - Quite curious about this one with the banana. I've had the plain mango Cushman and I loved it. Has anyone tried to chase the grape one with any success?

Double Mango Crack - Saw this one that @Andre posted and just had to mix it!
Mango lychee - I have @Rude Rudi Icee Lychee Oneshot so added the 2 mangos...

So they are all steeping currently, but I will start tasting tomorrow.

Mixed the following yesterday:

Cardinal - Again...
Prickly Victory - Again...
These are just so damn good.

Then I mixed some new ones to try out:
BamangoMi - Quite curious about this one with the banana. I've had the plain mango Cushman and I loved it. Has anyone tried to chase the grape one with any success?

Double Mango Crack - Saw this one that @Andre posted and just had to mix it!
Mango lychee - I have @Rude Rudi Icee Lychee Oneshot so added the 2 mangos...

So they are all steeping currently, but I will start tasting tomorrow.

Prickly Victory is excellent and such a simple recipe. I have been tempted to add just a hint of sour but will try a small tester when I mix again.

Mixed a few recently:

Choffee - this is right up my alley, can't wait to try it. Thanks @Paul33! Smells a bit weird post-mix (then again, CAP CGD smells awful) but had a quick SnV taste and even without steeping I can taste how amazing it is. Will try again in 2 weeks :)
Missionary - this looks damn good, thanks @Chukin'Vape!
Double Mango Crack - loved the original and even SnV this one is phenomenal, awesome work @Andre!
RY4 Pistachio - a rule-1 forced adaption of Wayne's recipe. Gonna give this a week before trying.
Quint - an adaption of my SWAK recipe with Grapes instead of White Grape.
PG-13 - another slightly modified batch of this. Really loving this mix at the moment.
KLM - first attempt at a Lime Milk. Couple days steep and it takes, well, average. It just isn't the lime flavour I'm after... I really want to get a McDonald's Lime Milkshake type of flavour but the limes are wrong in this I think. Might try INW or FLV to hit that flavour profile... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated here?

Mixed a few recently:

Choffee - this is right up my alley, can't wait to try it. Thanks @Paul33! Smells a bit weird post-mix (then again, CAP CGD smells awful) but had a quick SnV taste and even without steeping I can taste how amazing it is. Will try again in 2 weeks :)
Missionary - this looks damn good, thanks @Chukin'Vape!
Double Mango Crack - loved the original and even SnV this one is phenomenal, awesome work @Andre!
RY4 Pistachio - a rule-1 forced adaption of Wayne's recipe. Gonna give this a week before trying.
Quint - an adaption of my SWAK recipe with Grapes instead of White Grape.
PG-13 - another slightly modified batch of this. Really loving this mix at the moment.
KLM - first attempt at a Lime Milk. Couple days steep and it takes, well, average. It just isn't the lime flavour I'm after... I really want to get a McDonald's Lime Milkshake type of flavour but the limes are wrong in this I think. Might try INW or FLV to hit that flavour profile... any suggestions would be greatly appreciated here?

Thanks for mixing me up cuz, let me know how it goes - hope you enjoy it.

Ordered some flavours from Flavourworld, mixed the following:

Double Mango 6%
CAP Sweet Mango 1%
TFA Papaya 1%
CAP Super Sweet 0.5%
WS23 (Black Ice) 1%

Both taste great with overnight steep and great hot summer vapes.

Sent from my SNE-LX2 using Tapatalk

Hey @acorn ,
Can you please elaborate on this Mango recipe? What is the result like?
Thanks!

Hey @acorn ,
Can you please elaborate on this Mango recipe? What is the result like?
Thanks!
Hi great, Im not good in descriping profiles but as close as I would ever get to a fresh ripe Mango juice, no skin flavour detectable. The 1% CAP Sweet Mango was suggested from the friendly staff from Flavourworld which contributes to the exhale, havent tried it without it yet, to spot the difference. You can get by without the CAP SS if you dont like it too sweet. The TFA Papaya add a little pulp/flesh to the mixture. Worth a try, my next mixture will include INW Shisha Orange at 0.3-0.5% for a nice Mango/Orange Juice.

Hi great, Im not good in descriping profiles but as close as I would ever get to a fresh ripe Mango juice, no skin flavour detectable. The 1% CAP Sweet Mango was suggested from the friendly staff from Flavourworld which contributes to the exhale, havent tried it without it yet, to spot the difference. You can get by without the CAP SS if you dont like it too sweet. The TFA Papaya add a little pulp/flesh to the mixture. Worth a try, my next mixture will include INW Shisha Orange at 0.3-0.5% for a nice Mango/Orange Juice.

Thanks! I am after a Juicy-Sweet-Icy-Mango. My thoughts were along the same lines as your recipe, but thought to include Juicy Peach (1%) to add some "juiciness" to the recipe. Still need to order my Double Mango... therefore everything is only on paper.

Thanks! I am after a Juicy-Sweet-Icy-Mango. My thoughts were along the same lines as your recipe, but thought to include Juicy Peach (1%) to add some "juiciness" to the recipe. Still need to order my Double Mango... therefore everything is only on paper.
Good idea on Juicy Peach, will keep that one in mind, dont wait to long on the Double Mango I ordered 50ml from the get go based on all the good reviews and do not regret it at all.

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Good idea on Juicy Peach, will keep that one in mind, dont wait to long on the Double Mango I ordered 50ml from the get go based on all the good reviews and do not regret it at all.

Sent from my E5633 using Tapatalk

Double Mango is on its way. Yeah, I blasted through my first one... didn't realize it was empty until it was too late.

Thanks for mixing me up cuz, let me know how it goes - hope you enjoy it.
It's a total winner man, absolutely awesome. Only slight change I made was using koolada instead of WS but I don't think that'd make too big a difference?

I also made a slight adaption of yours, as a tester, here: Missionary (Adaption 1) - not as good as yours but it's also pretty great. I think the Grapes and adds a really interesting twist.

Back