What did you Mix today?

Good morning to ye

Your poor Unkl Platz's mixing ventures have been fraught with dangerous results, often repulsive to the community, known for emptying small rooms in a hurry, secure a four second nicotine overdose or invoke a prolonged session of expulsion through coughing and other means.

There have been comments made, to my great embarrassment, that perhaps some of my mixes can power vehicles or be used in riot control situations in stead of teargas.

Here is a picture of all the things I'm lopped with at the moment.
Mixes.jpg

Among these, the favorites are the butterscotch custard and the bubblegum icecream with a smidge of wicks but i do, every so often reach a point of saturation where i take all the questionably ones (like probable flammable types and ones that change color to opaque green or black) and mix them in one big bottle, so i can use the other bottles again after rinsing them.

You see, your Unkl is not well to do. Hence the quality of the photograph and the rebottling of oils/juices/coilbooze as needed. My phone cost 350 raant at the ackermans store.

The people from the wagon mountain have given me roasted almond and of course if you mix that with just a 2% addition of of honey overall in your formula... it tastes like the camel cigarettes of old, with the brown lettering, from the 80's when sigue sigue sputnik and airwolf was current.

Most of these have started to ferment instead of steep. I dont know why.

your covert surveillance detail will always acknowledge you by means of a quick swerve if you do the same first.
Welcome to the forum @Unkl Platz and you’ve definitely found the right thread to get your mixing up to scratch.

There’s a wealth of DIY knowledge right here! We have some of the best leading us in our ventures!

Hopefully a bit more time brings it around? I would think that if it's not great after a week steep then it may just need something else to bump it up a bit. I'm far from a good mixer but I'd likely go with something like:

4-5% CAP LMP
2-3% TFA Cheescake GC
1% Biscuit
Maybe 1% CAP Custard
Maybe 0.5% Bavarian Cream
Maybe 0.5% Lime Tahity
I'd skip on the VBIC personally, don't think it fits with the flavour profile.

So ive got the CAP graham cracker (2%) and lemon meringue (8%) and brown sugar (1%) [week steep] in my RTA right now, and absolutely agree about the VBIC, without it the lemon meringue still has a creaminess but leaves room for the lemon notes, but this was a higher concentrate then the last taste test so you can mix it generously. I am actually really enjoying this vape its light and creamy at once . Id try one with and without the custard because it may just overpower it, but I think your recipe is close (that extra lime is going to cut through that rich creamy cookieness and call out for more)...up the meringue and maybe the cookie slightly (im not sure how strong that stuff is though) and keep the cheesecake at <2%. I would recommend the Lemon Meringue as the base is fruity and creamy making it a greater summer dessert - I first get a creamy burst then as i extend the draw the lemon notes intensify and youre left with a light lemon aftertaste . I thought about adding a mango, a sicilian lemon and then somehow making it cold, like its been in a fridge , (Maybe you have a suggestion for this?) Still not sure what will best suite it for the crust, suspect i might have to go eat different meringues now. We may have completely different palates so share your notes if you do pick it up...im going to get some more and the ver 1 this time too.

I mixed an apple meringue too, but didnt have enough Lemon meringue to do it justice i suspect. Will report back after a steep
upload_2018-9-30_9-35-42.png

Welcome to the forum @Unkl Platz and you’ve definitely found the right thread to get your mixing up to scratch.

There’s a wealth of DIY knowledge right here! We have some of the best leading us in our ventures!

Many thanks dear sir. I look forward to a good old fashioned learning curve.

Again I greet ye all on this Sunday afternoon.

I was told once by the people of the wagon mountain that in order to steep an oil more rapidly, one can drop a magnet into the bottle along with the oil. Something about oxidation. Auntie Platz was not impressed with the lack of fridge adornments when she arrived back from her Crochet evening.

Apart from that, here is some nice tips I found on a website here: https://vapingdaily.com/what-is-vaping/how-to-steep-ejuice/

For ease of reference, i'll put the important bits about TURBOSTEEPING (i coined that term now, patent pending) down here:

This text is taken straight from the URL above.

FAST STEEPING METHOD #1: A HOT BATH
This is the easiest and most common way of steeping your juice. This method blends the contents, another plus for steeping, and also activates the molecules for the oxidation.
  1. Fill a deep bowl with warm water. Test for warmth with your elbow; it should not be unpleasantly hot.
  2. Seal your bottles in a zip-lock bag, and then place the bottles in the bath.
  3. When the water cools to room temperature, remove the bottles.
  4. Uncap the bottles and let the gasses dispel, then close the bottles and shake them well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #2: A BIRD BATH
  1. Fill a container with warm water and test the heat with your elbow.
  2. Take the cap off the bottles and place them halfway in the warm water.
  3. Let them rest until the water is cool.
  4. Replace the cap the bottles and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #3: USE A SLOW COOKER
  1. Fill the crockpot with water.
  2. Place the e-juice bottles in a zip-lock bag, removing as much air as possible.
  3. Place the crock-pot on low, and place the bottles in the crock-pot.
  4. Leave for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
  5. Uncap, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #4: USE A SLOW COOKER #2
  1. Place a bowl in the bottom of the crock-pot and fill with water
  2. Place the e-juice bottles in the bowl.
  3. Set the crock-pot on low and leave for 30 minutes to 4 hours.
  4. Uncap, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #5: USE YOUR CAR (SUMMER ONLY)
  1. Pack your e-liquid bottles in a zip-lock bag.
  2. Place them in the glove box for three days.
  3. Uncap, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #6: USE A SPACE HEATER
  1. Place your space heater on the low to medium setting.
  2. Place your bottles, uncapped, about a foot in front of the heater.
  3. Cap and shake well.
  4. Repeat until you get desired results.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #7: USE A SPACE HEATER # 2
  1. Place your space heater on low to medium setting.
  2. Place the bottles in a zip-lock bag, and fill up a mason jar halfway.
  3. Place the mason jar a foot away from the heater, and place the bottles inside.
  4. Let heat until the liquid is ready.
  5. Uncap, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #8: USE YOUR ELECTRIC DRYER
  1. Place the bottles in a zip-lock bag, and remove the air from the bag.
  2. Place the bagged bottles in a sock and seal the sock with a rubber band.
  3. Place the sealed sock in the dryer and run it on low for 15-20 minutes.
  4. Remove the bottles, uncap them, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #9: USE YOUR MICROWAVE -
Warming: UNKL PLATZ TRIED THIS, THE FLAVOR HAD TO RENAMED TO "Graham Plastic Explosive Crust"

1. Place your bottles in the microwave and run on high for 10 seconds
  2. Remove the bottles, uncap them, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
  3. Let cool and repeat if necessary.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #10: USE HOT RICE
  1. Fill a microwavable bowl with dry, uncooked rice.
  2. Heat the rice in the microwave until hot.
  3. Completely cover the vape juice bottles with the rice.
  4. When the rice is cool, check the juice.
  5. Repeat until the e-liquid is ready.
  6. Uncap, let them breathe, then cap and shake well.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #11: USE A COFFEE MUG WARMER
  1. Fill a coffee mug with dry rice.
  2. Bury the e-juice bottles in the dry rice.
  3. Place the cup on the warmer for 8 hours.
  4. Every two hours, uncap the bottle, let them breathe, cap and shake for 30 seconds.
  5. Repeat until ready.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #12: USE AN ULTRASONIC JEWELRY CLEANER
  1. Fill the jewelry cleaner device with water.
  2. Place the bottles in the water.
  3. Turn on the heater for 30 minutes.
  4. Uncap the bottles, let them breathe, then cap.
  5. Repeat until ready.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #13: USE A CANDLE WARMER
  1. Fill a coffee mug with dry rice.
  2. Bury the e-juice bottles in the dry rice.
  3. Place the mug on the warmer for 8 hours.
  4. Every two hours, uncap the bottles, let them breathe, then cap and shake for 30 seconds.
  5. Repeat until ready.
FAST STEEPING METHOD #14: SEED STEEPING
  1. Take 10 percent of juice from a recipe that has already steeped.
  2. Mix it in the bottle of the fresh juice.
  3. Let sit for two days.

When taking an on-ramp onto a highway, look for your mark - normally will be going past on-ramp in fast lane at high speed. The vehicle will have familiar number plate accents. When this happens it is clear for you to proceed.

Eventually had some spare time and decided that I had better mix up a batch of something or run the risk of having nothing to vape. So did 2 oneshots and also 4 tasters for future reference. Especially looking forward to the Golden Custard oneshot by @Vino1718 , two week steep is going to be tough.
B0460C1C-CAB2-4E6F-AA4A-A40E25EABB13.jpeg
Also looking forward to try the Buttermilk Pie and Stoned.

Eventually had some spare time and decided that I had better mix up a batch of something or run the risk of having nothing to vape. So did 2 oneshots and also 4 tasters for future reference. Especially looking forward to the Golden Custard oneshot by @Vino1718 , two week steep is going to be tough.
View attachment 146804
Also looking forward to try the Buttermilk Pie and Stoned.
I was also running low on everything so did a beeeg mix this weekend.

Nice Sunday mixing session for me:

Mango milk 200ml restock
Cardinal 200ml restock
Morning glory 200ml restock

For friends:

Choffee 250ml
Nana shakey 250ml
Morning glory 250ml
Baked pear 250ml
Daily driver 100ml
Daily driver 250ml
Mango milk 250ml

My first one-shot frm Blck Vapour :banana:

20181001_Roasted Caramel Latte_1.jpg 20181001_Roasted Caramel Latte_2.jpg

It was so easy, but I wonder if I did it correctly? I expected a darker colour. It has to steep for 3 days. Does it become darker with steeping?

View attachment 146830 View attachment 146831

It was so easy, but I wonder if I did it correctly? I expected a darker colour. It has to steep for 3 days. Does it become darker with steeping?
Well done on your 1st DIY!! :--)
its probably going to get a bit darker over the next 2 weeks due to the nicotine, but not too dark as the concentrates look pretty 'clear'

My Sunday Mix were as follow:

Tripple G Candy - 60ml (Tripple Grape, my own Purpz clone)
Cherry Pop - Rude rudi's Cherry juice
Cocoa Milk - Mollinberry Oneshot sample received from BLCK Vapour, Thanks Guys!
D-Cream
Frosteez - This time with AP which i didnt have previosly
Menthol Stinks - A smooth 7 Leaves with Creme De mente, Eucalyptus and Mint ect, great juice that the wife loves (My own mix)
Rhodionite Macaroons - DIY or DIE mix
Jelly Babe - My own first try hazeworks clone, the wife approves the shake and vape

Then i realized that i mistakenly ordered VG instead of PG so could not continue mixing. Also somehow didnt add the Chocolate Milk JF to my cart when checking out so need that as i have a good Mint choc juice i want to mix.

View attachment 146830 View attachment 146831

I doubt it would get any darker. My Coffee Mill Glazed Popcorn is also perfectly clear.

Just a question, is that a 60ml bottle? The Coffee Mill One Shots make 100ml?

I doubt it would get any darker. My Coffee Mill Glazed Popcorn is also perfectly clear.

Just a question, is that a 60ml bottle? The Coffee Mill One Shots make 100ml?

@Vilaishima Yes, it's a 60ml bottle. It was part of the one shot kit. The instruction card also mentions 60ml, not 100ml

20181001_Instruction Card.jpg

D-Cream
Menthol Stinks - A smooth 7 Leaves with Creme De mente, Eucalyptus and Mint ect, great juice that the wife loves (My own mix)
Jelly Babe - My own first try hazeworks clone, the wife approves the shake and vape

Then i realized that i mistakenly ordered VG instead of PG so could not continue mixing. Also somehow didnt add the Chocolate Milk JF to my cart when checking out so need that as i have a good Mint choc juice i want to mix.

Mind sharing the menthol stinks recipe please

Mind sharing the menthol stinks recipe please

Not at all, need to upload the recipes to ELR later so that i can link all.

But here is the recipe.

SMS - Stompies Menthol Stinks

7 Leaves (FA) - 4%
Eucalyptus & Mint (INW) 0.2%
Liquid Amber (TFA) 0.5% - Optional
Creme De Mente (FW) 2%

If you like heavy menthol, you can up the Eucalyptus & Mint to 1% but its super strong and will open your sinuses if you have sinus issues but its excellent, But it will overpower all the other flavors.

Cheers

D-Cream

Mind sharing Triple G candy?:)

@Vilaishima Yes, it's a 60ml bottle. It was part of the one shot kit. The instruction card also mentions 60ml, not 100ml

Hmmm, the Blck website says that 10% is the recommended mixing percentage, which means 100ml from a 10ml bottle. Did you use the whole 10ml in the mix? If so, it might be a tad strong.

On the website, they say:

What is an easy One Shot Kit?

We have developed an easy way for you to mix your one shot concentrates. This kit contains the following

• 1 x Chubby 100ml bottle

So how does it work?

1. Hold the measuring card against the empty 100ml chubby bottle

So it's a bit unclear whether it's supposed to be 60ml or 100ml.

Not at all, need to upload the recipes to ELR later so that i can link all.

But here is the recipe.

SMS - Stompies Menthol Stinks

7 Leaves (FA) - 4%
Eucalyptus & Mint (INW) 0.2%
Liquid Amber (TFA) 0.5% - Optional
Creme De Mente (FW) 2%

If you like heavy menthol, you can up the Eucalyptus & Mint to 1% but its super strong and will open your sinuses if you have sinus issues but its excellent, But it will overpower all the other flavors.

Cheers
Thank you kindly

Back