What did you or would you do for your 60th birthday ?

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
I will be 60 just now, Yaaaaaay

Of course every one is expecting a big bash, you know that one where you are expected to order the Greek braai and provide lots of booze, let everyone come and get drunk and pee in your pool.

I have been there and done that and lately with Covid and all the rest I have started to think that this would be more for them than it would for me. The group of friends that I have are close, we go camping together to out of the way places like 10 days in Mabuasehube (google it) and during lock down we get together but not all at the same time.

A few other birthdays I have jumped on the bike/bikes with Swambo and just headed out, hitting up B&B's and backpackers, once all the way through Namibia and Botswana, but I am getting a bit long in the tooth for that now. I suppose 60 is a bit of a milestone and I am feeling a bit maudlin. I don't want a cruise or anything exotic and I am putting all my spare cash into finishing an investment property mortgage (clever me I got a 10 year bond and am on track to finish in 7) so budget is tight.

Thoughts, idea's and experiences guys are all welcome. Waddayatink ?

I will be 60 just now, Yaaaaaay

Of course every one is expecting a big bash, you know that one where you are expected to order the Greek braai and provide lots of booze, let everyone come and get drunk and pee in your pool.

I have been there and done that and lately with Covid and all the rest I have started to think that this would be more for them than it would for me. The group of friends that I have are close, we go camping together to out of the way places like 10 days in Mabuasehube (google it) and during lock down we get together but not all at the same time.

A few other birthdays I have jumped on the bike/bikes with Swambo and just headed out, hitting up B&B's and backpackers, once all the way through Namibia and Botswana, but I am getting a bit long in the tooth for that now. I suppose 60 is a bit of a milestone and I am feeling a bit maudlin. I don't want a cruise or anything exotic and I am putting all my spare cash into finishing an investment property mortgage (clever me I got a 10 year bond and am on track to finish in 7) so budget is tight.

Thoughts, idea's and experiences guys are all welcome. Waddayatink ?

Lekker weekend away at a nice bush lodge or KNP for you and SWAMBO?

a trip to the Drakensberg, with a visit to the hydro-electric plant at sterkfontein dam, zip line tour through the berg.... plenty to do in the mountains. Book a week at ATKV Drakensville and explore the rest from there...

I'm hoping I'll still be young at heart enough to visit the "dance academy" :rofl:

Let's see who can figure that one out :p

I'm hoping I'll still be young at heart enough to visit the "dance academy" :rofl:

Let's see who can figure that one out :p

That should be phrased as the "Advanced Dance Academy".
The other Dance Academies are just too stock standard.

Still have 10 years to go. Suspect a surprise party from my brother on my 50th though. His children let slip.

Enigste Wolwehoek wat ek ken, is Wolwehoek slagpale naby Sasolburg....lol :p

I actually got excited when I saw that, thinking I could get away really close to home

My 60th Birthday was celebrated on holiday on the west coast of the USA, Canada and Alaska!
USAAlaskaCanada 2064.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 3668.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 3953.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 6046.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 6580.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 8255.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 4697.jpg USAAlaskaCanada 5646.jpg

Back