What Did You Vape Today?

...and some Suicide Bunny - Mothers Milk, and oh my, this stuff is truly magical, I love it to bits... pity it's so damn expensive!!! EISH

This is exactly the reason I've stuck to local liquids so far...too scared I fall in love with some expensive import and it eats into my "gear" fund - or worse I can't get a hold of it for some extended period of time (looking at you SAPO) :p

That said...I'm going to assume (for lack of knowing any better) that our local juices are every bit as good as the imports - it's the same ingredients after all, and we all know that South Africans are the best at everything :rock:

Sooooo as far as playing around goes. I have been doing a bit of research and made a few decisions based on this (I might get scolded for this).
I started thinking about it and tried something a little different today. I basically partially filled my tank with pure PG (B.P so it is pharmaceutical) and cut the tank with about 20% Iceberg (menthol) and I must admit that i'm kida loving it... now let the scolding begin! Any one know of any issues that this may hold for me in future?

mbv Coumarin Pipe ++3
So far, so good...while i wait for my HHV.

PS: @Justin Pattrick , i added 5 drops of mbv Caramel Apple to each 30 ml bottle about 5 days ago; it needed an 'edge'. So i edited the recipe to include 2% Caramel Apple, because it's a tangy, sour green apple kind of taste. (No caramel noticeable. And it didn't make it sweet.) No time to steep, nothing else to vape...it was yegh. But it improved with each day. Then this morning, with a new coil in an EVOD1 (because my last Aerotank coil just died), it transformed! 2 weeks steeping. Strong pungent pipe tobacco, a bit like Gauloise sometimes. Like smoke. - But better. At last, a decent mix, with mbv. i'll mix another 200 ml, then the next thing i try is some ginger extract, just a couple drops, and another test mix with cinnamon extract.

mbv Coumarin Pipe ++3.rec.jpg

IMG_1526_PP_800x600_70%.JPG

Last edited:
This is exactly the reason I've stuck to local liquids so far...too scared I fall in love with some expensive import and it eats into my "gear" fund - or worse I can't get a hold of it for some extended period of time (looking at you SAPO) :p

That said...I'm going to assume (for lack of knowing any better) that our local juices are every bit as good as the imports - it's the same ingredients after all, and we all know that South Africans are the best at everything :rock:

I like your way of thinking @free3dom
I had the same views initially.

But if I vape international premium juices I stick to the ones that are locally available at our awesome local retailers. I got hooked on WB Blackbird and have had a strong affinity to 5Pawns Bowdens Mate. I don't over vape them. Just on occasion. Or if I have it loaded in one device, I just take a toot or two now and then. Lasts a lot longer.

The local juices are also good and I think the trick is to find a few local ones to vape all the time. My VM Choc Mint with a bit of VM Coffee concentrate added is a winner for me. And its well priced. Am refining and tasting to find a few more local winners.

Overall though I like the variety and love trying new juices. I get so excited when the device is clean and all set up and im about to take a toot on a juice i have never tried before. Its just amazing.

I had a huge day in my vaping journey yesterday! I vaped about 5 or 6 juices in one day! Whooo!

Tropical Ice of course from Vapour Mountain... Extreme Ice from Mount Baker! Sub Zero from Halo, Antarctica from Thenancara, Melon on the Rocks from Craft Vapour! Black Out City from Bombies! Fight your Face from Kings Crown and Nana Cream from Bombies!

I had a huge day in my vaping journey yesterday! I vaped about 5 or 6 juices in one day! Whooo!

Tropical Ice of course from Vapour Mountain... Extreme Ice from Mount Baker! Sub Zero from Halo, Antarctica from Thenancara, Melon on the Rocks from Craft Vapour! Black Out City from Bombies! Fight your Face from Kings Crown and Nana Cream from Bombies!

Wow that was eight juices in one day! New record Baby! :rock:

Wow that was eight juices in one day! New record Baby! :rock:

Super Rob
Glad you branching out a bit ;-)

Btw, i think its Fight your Fate not Fight your Face
Lol

Sooooo as far as playing around goes. I have been doing a bit of research and made a few decisions based on this (I might get scolded for this).
I started thinking about it and tried something a little different today. I basically partially filled my tank with pure PG (B.P so it is pharmaceutical) and cut the tank with about 20% Iceberg (menthol) and I must admit that i'm kida loving it... now let the scolding begin! Any one know of any issues that this may hold for me in future?
Nothing wrong with that at all. Many vapers cut their jooses with VG or PG. Quite a few vape unflavoured.

for me today it is a 50/50 mix of Apple and RY4, really enjoying it :D

I like your way of thinking @free3dom
I had the same views initially.

But if I vape international premium juices I stick to the ones that are locally available at our awesome local retailers. I got hooked on WB Blackbird and have had a strong affinity to 5Pawns Bowdens Mate. I don't over vape them. Just on occasion. Or if I have it loaded in one device, I just take a toot or two now and then. Lasts a lot longer.

The local juices are also good and I think the trick is to find a few local ones to vape all the time. My VM Choc Mint with a bit of VM Coffee concentrate added is a winner for me. And its well priced. Am refining and tasting to find a few more local winners.

Overall though I like the variety and love trying new juices. I get so excited when the device is clean and all set up and im about to take a toot on a juice i have never tried before. Its just amazing.

As always your advice leads me to new insights :clap:

I think I'm just a bit too new to this...but your idea of treating it as something special - a treat for special occasions - seems to be a good way to go with these more expensive liquids, as well as sticking to the ones that have local representation.

I do enjoy tasting new and interesting flavours and will definitely branch out some more as I settle into this long and wonderful vape journey that lies ahead :rock:

I have already found a couple of local juices that I can vape all day long, every day - and I usually load up 2-3 different ones in my devices so I can switch on a whim, just in case. I definitely think that soon I'll look into buying quite a bit of concentrate from VM to add extra some spice to my (vape) life :--P

I think one of the main problems we vapers face (and this is REALLY a first world problem :p) is that we are totally spoiled for choice...and with so much to choose from it can become quite difficult at times deciding where to "put our money". Since we have been behind locally on so many fronts it is awesome we have so many great vendors to temp us with wonderful shiny vape "things". The journey is definitely not a dull one :)

@free3dom

I usually have my more special juice as a night cap through the RDA. A few drops of Beetlejuice or Awesome Sauce to end the day

Hi

I'm new to this vaping. Got my twisp last night and don't have a wide selection selection of flavors yet.
So i stared of with the free sample "tobacco #1" and today added "polar mint"

Very happy so far. Will update once i get some more flavors.

But been "stinky" free for 24 hours. Can't believe it. What a pleasure :p:p:p

Hi

I'm new to this vaping. Got my twisp last night and don't have a wide selection selection of flavors yet.

Well done...every day without a cigarette is a win :party:

Enjoy the flavour train...it's a wonderful ride :)

@free3dom

I usually have my more special juice as a night cap through the RDA. A few drops of Beetlejuice or Awesome Sauce to end the day

That sounds like a really good idea...like a nightcap, only it's more of a nightpuff :D

I'll defintely think that's worth giving a go, thanks for the advice :)

Some Grants Vanilla Custard high vg on a fogger v5(0.4 mech) for work
then again Grants but 100% vg on a veritas rda(0.8 45w).
Just yummy, been vaping it pretty much exclusively since last week
Funny-NOM-NOM-NOM-24.jpg
+1

Have not even touched my 100VG yet... how is it in comparison to VG heavy?

+1

Have not even touched my 100VG yet... how is it in comparison to VG heavy?
I find the high vg slightly sweeter but the 100vg creamier. Love this stuff so much I ordered 600ml of it should keep me going for a good while

Hi

Congrats and welcome again @Monique
Keep it up! You are doing a great thing!

I had some HHV Temptation - Just lovely.

The choc is of the dark sort. It goes down like chocolate mousse (a good one)
I'm always worried with choc, because I cannot stand cooking tasting choc, but this is far from it.
The marriage with tabacco is perfect - it stops the choc from over-powering.
60vg, so smooth a silk.

Best of all, it was part of Juicy Joes "lost" stock thanks to the PO strike, so it is steeped to perfection.

Highly recommend it to tobacco fans.

Yes our local juices are of a good quality. I believe they use good ingredients, because of what I've had at least is, the liquids aren't harsh, they are pretty accurate and there's none of that generic sort of tasting flavours. I've only ever had one bottle of Liqua, 1 of Hangsen. And while they weren't bad, the moment I had the first local brand, it was the last Liqua or Hangsen I would buy.

With that said, the good imported stuff is divine. Most importantly, they are complex, so like sipping a good wine, you get different notes with different toots.

BUT I have been doing some homework, because I consider R280 for 30ml is steep for good juice. And from what I've looked into, Vapour Mountain Legends range is complex. I read forumites' thoughts and reviews, and gathered it is the business. So bargain then.

Also Sir Vape's new range looks the part and mixed by Rocket Fuel!. Juicy Joes also has some well priced stuff to.

Yes our local juices are of a good quality. I believe they use good ingredients, because of what I've had at least is, the liquids aren't harsh, they are pretty accurate and there's none of that generic sort of tasting flavours. I've only ever had one bottle of Liqua, 1 of Hangsen. And while they weren't bad, the moment I had the first local brand, it was the last Liqua or Hangsen I would buy.

With that said, the good imported stuff is divine. Most importantly, they are complex, so like sipping a good wine, you get different notes with different toots.

BUT I have been doing some homework, because I consider R280 for 30ml is steep for good juice. And from what I've looked into, Vapour Mountain Legends range is complex. I read forumites' thoughts and reviews, and gathered it is the business. So bargain then.

Also Sir Vape's new range looks the part and mixed by Rocket Fuel!. Juicy Joes also has some well priced stuff to.

I'm sure the high quality International liquids are fantastic...and I will get to them eventually :D

For me there is a "good enough" threshold (meaning I love it), which most of the local liquids have already reached IMHO. Because of this I don't feel the need to try something that is double (or more) in price - it just feels like overkill. Like buying an expensive sports car and only driving it to the shop down the road :--P

I'm sure the high quality International liquids are fantastic...and I will get to them eventually :D

For me there is a "good enough" threshold (meaning I love it), which most of the local liquids have already reached IMHO. Because of this I don't feel the need to try something that is double (or more) in price - it just feels like overkill. Like buying an expensive sports car and only driving it to the shop down the road :--P

Oh yes absolutely.
And we are fortunate that we have such great local liquids, so there is no "need" to go get expensive stuff.

But fortunately, and unfortunately really, the retailers that are bringing in complex juice, know exactly what to bring in :)

Back