What do you think is a fair retail price for $21/22 juice?

Swings and Roundabouts. Often things are cheaper on specific items to attract people, who end up buying other things.

Oooh f@#$ Checkers, PnP etc drive me nuts with this. Going in to find an advertised TV at X.... "no sorry those are finished but we have these."

Ya ya

Last edited:
The only

Oooh f@#$ Checkers, PnP etc drive me nuts with this. Going in to find an advertised TV at X.... "no sorry those are finished but we have these."

Ya ya
Hahaha, exactly!! They will have a sale on chocolates and heaters in January just to get you into their shop, and once you are there you think, Meh, lets just do our monthly shopping there as you are there already! Without realising that all their prices are pushed up by a unnoticeable R1... Boom.. They got you with their sleezy advertising ..

I agree with you 100% almost starts feeling like an easy money story(I'm not saying that is what is happening). Obviously vendors won't do it free of charge and that is 100% understandable. The big question in mind is how can one vendor sell juice x for R260 and another vendor sells juice x for R289? I know its only R29 difference but if you buy 10x bottles you save R290(another bottle and small change)
It just feels like someone is being screwed somewhere. Maybe the re-sellers are buying from a more expensive place? Who knows?
Not sure what you are struggling to understand - it is a free market system in SA and people can charge what they want. Which is why sometimes Pick n Pay chickens are cheaper than Spar Chickens even for the same brand (or vice versa)

There could be many reasons why one store/shop/chain/website sells the exact item at a different price to another store - maybe they have too many and they mark them down, maybe they are selling well, so they mark them up, maybe they are trying to get an in into to market by starting cheap, or maybe they just felt like it :)

The theory for the Invisible Hand states that if each consumer is allowed to choose freely what to buy and each producer is allowed to choose freely what to sell and how to produce it, the market will settle on a product distribution and prices that are beneficial to all the individual members of a community, and hence to the community as a whole. ;)

The theory for the Invisible Hand states that if each consumer is allowed to choose freely what to buy and each producer is allowed to choose freely what to sell and how to produce it, the market will settle on a product distribution and prices that are beneficial to all the individual members of a community, and hence to the community as a whole. ;)
Except if they are like me and just go to the closest store :)

Have read through the thread and see no heated arguments or anyone getting personal, which is great. Only valid points all around.

There were a couple of messages that were out of line and got nuked. It got personal which isn't cool.

Real men vape unflavoured 9mg :rolleyes:

Well real men that are also cheap bastards like me.:p

Last edited:
I am paying anything between 18 € (Snake Oil) and 28€ (Ripe Vapes) for 30ml here....for premium imported juices. I can also get local non premium for much less. Why do I spend so much more? Because I like those juices in my rotation. I am willing to spend that kind of money.

Most interesting thread

Only caught up with it now

I am in the camp that believes that retailers can charge what they like. But i also believe that we as consumers are free to buy what we like.

So if all the retailers sold premium juices at R500 a bottle, they would probably sell very few. At R400 they would sell a bit more. At R300, even more. At some price point they would make the maximum profit. And they are free to pick their point.

As long as more retailers pop up and more juices are available, it will be good for consumers. More variety and lower prices.

A sincere thanks to all the retailers for bringing in such fantastic lines of juice and growing the menu for us. Please continue...

There were a couple of messages that were out of line and got nuked. It got personal which isn't cool.
@Rob Fisher , I missed the nastiness. Just wondering if we could consider having a place where we could view this misbehaviour (perhaps in a closed thread), so we could shame these @ssholes and get rid of the trolls! You know how much this forum means to me (and I know for many others). Just don't think they should be let off easily.

@Rob Fisher , I missed the nastiness. Just wondering if we could consider having a place where we could view this misbehaviour (perhaps in a closed thread), so we could shame these @ssholes and get rid of the trolls! You know how much this forum means to me (and I know for many others). Just don't think they should be let off easily.

Nope... that just adds fuel to the fire... most times it normal members who either have had a bad day or their buttons are pressed with something and they lash out... these things are better just nuked and forgotten... it keeps the forums a friendly place because we all have off days and post things we shouldn't or don't mean.

In most instances it's not Trolls but rather someone having a really bad day. ;-)

I only briefly saw a post or two when it happened, so maybe I am speaking out of turn.

From what I saw, I don't think it was a case of trolling - more people "reacting" to what was getting said.

Nope... that just adds fuel to the fire... most times it normal members who either have had a bad day or their buttons are pressed with something and they lash out... these things are better just nuked and forgotten... it keeps the forums a friendly place because we all have off days and post things we shouldn't or don't mean.

In most instances it's not Trolls but rather someone having a really bad day. ;-)
Thanks Rob. All good if we can keep this beautiful and rare thing going strong.

Slightly OT, but i'm 100% with @Silver on this one. Suppliers need to cover their costs, and have overheads which you and I would not fully know what they are exactly. Having a B&M has it's benefits but obviously adds to the costs as TANSTAAFL.
If it's too expensive from supplier A, just get it from supplier B. If supplier A is the only one that stocks it locally, then go with @Andre 's method and source it yourself.
Each of us is able to weigh up the original costs to us from the source & the risks if we order it ourselves vs buying from any of local vendors.

I don't order juices online and prefer to get it from a B&M. This obviously adds to my overheads, but I also don't pay for any shipping options that requires me to order juices by the liter just to make it worth my while.

Any supplier takes a risk when ordering stuff, as they are not guaranteed 100% that hardware items will be fully functional or juices will be in a good condition when it arrives, whatever the shipping method. They have to be prepared to take the risks that some end users are not prepared to take, and then still deal with all the sh!t we give them if devices go faulty or juices taste crap to us.

Hats off to all you guys that ensures the SA vapers gets their hands on best juices & toys !

I am not bringing in any juice. I am always on the lookout for new flavours here locally and see quite a price difference for juice that sells for the same price in USA. Actually there's even a top premium (Nicoticket) 30ml juice retailing here for R220.00.
I think it's more about the vendor than the juice

Real men vape unflavoured 9mg :rolleyes:
Well real men that are also cheap bastards like me.:p

There is good logic in that, even aside from the cost.

i saw one guy saying he just flavours the base liquid with black peppercorns. That and a bit of menthol could take care of it quite well. You get the throat hit and you get the nicotine, and you don't bother about anything else.

Back