What is a milliliter?!

screw the calculator. Nice site man. Whats the password for protected articles? :cool:

Thanks man :) I used to update it a lot but I've been on a pretty lengthy contract lately which limits my daytime site tweaking and writing, but I'll get back into it sometime. I love writing, as should be evident by the walls of text I throw on here haha.

Wow, thats a lot of steps. But once the routine kicks in, I find it very Zen (definitely deserves the capital 'Z') . There's usually a bit more swearing along the way because I don't usually plug the laptop in and it goes into power saving and I keep forgetting to twitch the mouse to keep it awake. When I first started with using syringes there was a lot more swearing, a heck of a lot more mess, and a lot less fun.

That happened to me last night. Before I opted for the continuous tare option, I tried to just do the cumulative weight calculation and the scale consequently turned off mid mix, turning on again to a nice "0.00" reading. Then I cursed a few times and did the tare-per-flavour style from there on.

That happened to me last night. Before I opted for the continuous tare option, I tried to just do the cumulative weight calculation and the scale consequently turned off mid mix, turning on again to a nice "0.00" reading. Then I cursed a few times and did the tare-per-flavour style from there on.
and nothing can protect us from our own stupidity and failure to pay attention. I was mixing last night, opened the recipe in the calculator, updated the PG/VG ratios, moved the nic strength from 3mg to 2mg and went to change the volume I was mixing. After each of these changes I gleefully watched the calculator adjust the measurements needed. Proceeded to change the volume to mix from 100ml to 60ml, but forgot to tab out of the field. Didn't notice that the measurements hadn't changed, so unwittingly I was trying to mix 100mls of juice in a 60 ml bottle.

I'm staring at the bottle as I type this wondering if I should or maybe I shouldn't. It's my current favourite recipe too...

Meh, the worst that can happen is its too strong and I have to put it into something bigger and dilute it. I'm not a pedant with the stuff I mix myself, so it can't really be too disastrous.

and nothing can protect us from our own stupidity and failure to pay attention. I was mixing last night, opened the recipe in the calculator, updated the PG/VG ratios, moved the nic strength from 3mg to 2mg and went to change the volume I was mixing. After each of these changes I gleefully watched the calculator adjust the measurements needed. Proceeded to change the volume to mix from 100ml to 60ml, but forgot to tab out of the field. Didn't notice that the measurements hadn't changed, so unwittingly I was trying to mix 100mls of juice in a 60 ml bottle.

I'm staring at the bottle as I type this wondering if I should or maybe I shouldn't. It's my current favourite recipe too...

Meh, the worst that can happen is its too strong and I have to put it into something bigger and dilute it. I'm not a pedant with the stuff I mix myself, so it can't really be too disastrous.

Sounds like the bubblegum milk I made first with the syringes. Found the 1ml syringe to just be 0.6ml, then just doubled up all the ingredients to the same VG/PG/NIC base. Can always do with a smidge more flavour lol :D

I thought these brainfarts only happened to me, ended up feeling like an idiot.
I switched over from using VG nic to PG nic, so I changed my recipe to reflect that. But I did this change when purchasing my goodies, when it came to mixing time, I used the last of my VG nic but didn't change the designation in the calculator. Realised the problem afterwards and it didn't turn out to be a complete disaster, as instead of being a 70/30 VG/PG mix, its now 75/35.

Soooooooo....had a GREAT mixing session last night and the scale works like a charm!! Actually enjoyed mixing again where previously it was such a mission!

Need to get a 200g weight to calibrate my scale, its out by 0.02 grams but i highly doubt it will make a difference.

Soooooooo....had a GREAT mixing session last night and the scale works like a charm!! Actually enjoyed mixing again where previously it was such a mission!

Need to get a 200g weight to calibrate my scale, its out by 0.02 grams but i highly doubt it will make a difference.
Just make sure your scale is standing on a absolutely flat surface, I noticed that the slightest unevenness causes the scale to warp ever so slightly and mess around with the readouts. Placing it on a piece of perspex or glass helps with ensuring this does not happen.

Regards

Thanks bud, yeah was using the kitchen marble counter top so im pretty sure it is flat i hope! haha

Just make sure your scale is standing on a absolutely flat surface, I noticed that the slightest unevenness causes the scale to warp ever so slightly and mess around with the readouts. Placing it on a piece of perspex or glass helps with ensuring this does not happen.

Regards

And don't breathe on it, mine fluctuates with every breath that hits it. Yes, I'm dead serious. :)

Back