What is going on with the classifieds ?

The new classifieds is not currently compatible with Tapatalk.. I am working out away to resolve this issue.

Please standby..

Thank you. That answers the thread question. Thread can be locked if mods wish to. Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just checked from tapatalk now, and yes it seems to be isolated to that, we'll be in touch with the developer to get it fixed asap.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention @DoC :)

Tapatalk testing

Clickedon the Leno 2 ads and then goto the preview page. When I click on read more about the classified I get redirected to a Skyblue page

On the is tick 50w ads when I click on read more about the classified I get takes to my browser and it displays the add correctly

So.... Its tapatalk and some ads have some faulty links

Targeted marketing I will retract as that might be an assumption so I withdraw that. But as far as this being an improvement it isn't for me.

Clearly not. I can certainly understand your frustrations. These things should not implemented before they are tested to be stable for all popular platforms. Personally, I preferred the previous version, but think I understand the reasons for moving to the new system and can live with it.

Thank you. That answers the thread question. Thread can be locked if mods wish to. Thank you

Hi @DoC, if you dont mind, lets rather let this thread run so that we can continue posting our experiences with this new Classifieds System

So if anyone notices anything strange or has any idea for improvement it can be posted here

Also, @Gizmo can give feedback if and when the tapatalk issue is resolved

I presume it's a work in progress so didn't wanna say anything but in its current state, I still prefer the old classifieds. That was quite clean and easy to get all the info and see the thread and respond. Most people followed the rules and it worked for me.

This new one to me appears cluttered and I can't make sense of it. Looks more like an OLX or Gumtree feel but I can't get any further than clicking on an ad and then back. It just puts me off when I see things and links all over and I have to click on thumbnails to see better pictures or click somewhere else to get info. At least that's what it looks like to me but I can't bring myself to sit on the page for more than a second, let alone click somewhere to find out what it does.

It is more of a personal preference than anything. Perhaps when an item I want appears, I may make the effort to figure it out although I used to read every single classified daily and the comments and I just can't now.

Hoping for good things once it stabilises but I don't think there should be any need for links and clicks. Everything should be in the ad upfront and the only link should be to something like a spec page if the advertiser chooses to put it there.

In sorry if it's all there and I'm missing it but my vision gets blurred once I enter an ad and can't see what's going on.

New classifieds could be good if it doesn't link out of Tapatalk. The ad should be like how they had it before were you the whole thing is viewable without clicking anything. That said the new one also has some pluses such as the poster is able to archivd his own ad and the price, location etc are automatically given to the poster to fill in

the new system isn't really geared for selling multiple items - you can still do it but the format lends itself more towards a single item ad.

Just looking at the comments and I think when consolidating the feedback, it will be useful to separate input from advertisers and viewers perspective.

Just an update. Most of my usage was on my phone for a while. Using a laptop again now and the classifieds are a bit better. I can see more info in one screen on the PC but I still have to click to view more info and to read the threads which is still a bother...

Weekend is still the purchasing frenzy time for me though since I can go get it right then and that browsing is usually done on my phone.

Back