What RTA next?

sabrefm1

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
iv been so patient and watching all the new tanks and different versions come in but I still havent made my mind up yet.
so heres the deal. i have the subtank mini with the evic vtc. i would of kept the subtank longer but one of the threads on the main post is shot so it only catches on a certain spot and takes me a long time to build coils as I struggle to tighten the one post.
now I know you can get the v2 rba deck but i love the v1 as mine has been cut deeper to open the juice holes wider for better flow. im not a fan of the v2 where the wicks sit on the side and have seen reports of leaks (but lets leave that for now)

now i feel that i want to start building dual coil but as issues above i cant. now im looking for a tank to replace the current one i have.

what i would like.
- juice capacity (doesnt matter as long as its not 2.0Ml and lower)
- filling holes for juice (iv seen top fill is the new order of the day with tanks coming out now, i dont mind but i def want something where i can fill it like the subtank where u can take the build deck apart without emptying out all liquid)
the subtank is a plus where i can start fresh builds without emptying the juice i have in.
lots of reviews iv seen where top fill leaks a bit on certain tanks.
- build deck (pref something bigger than the subtank im not fussy but iv seen alot where ppl are saying velocity style is the way to go)
- drip tip (im not too fussy , being using the wide bore for ages and not interested in 3rd party drip tips)
- Air holes (ppl have being raving about large airholes so id assume this has a big role to play when choosing a RTA)

i'm prob sounding fussy but if I should wait longer until something new pops up I dont mind but then again my time is as short as the life of my build deck. im sticking with building coils so dont care if an RTA doesnt have an option for prebuilt coils

I would suggest either the aromamiser, crius or griffin. The aromamiser you can get in a 3ml or a 6ml. It is a 23mm tank though, so it will have a bit of an overhang on the vtc. I am using the aromamiser and I love it, flavor is amazing and it is easy to build on. You can get a wide bore drip tip from vape cartel if you want better airflow (the stock drip tip has an anti-spitback thing in which can cause a bit of a muted taste) also the aromamiser is only bottom fill and has a stupid rubber band to adjust airflow. A revised version of the aromamiser is on the way though (adjustable airflow and a standard 510 drip tip)

I have not used the crius or griffin before but people seem to love them both.

All three tanks has the velocity style 2 post deck, with the griffin having the largest deck.

Also the Moonshot rta is apparently quite amazing, I have not heard alot about it but the few people that have it like it. It is quite expensive though.

I have the moonshot...

Pro's
Flavour is as good as a really good dripper
Can handle 80VG and higher juices like a champ
Airflow is nice and swooshy
Form Factor

Cons
Build deck (and how you build it) - It can handle dual alien coils though, so it's big.
Juice Capacity (you'll refill it anywhere from 5 to 10 times a day)
Heat build up (they say it's got some tech to make it cool.... it doesn't work for me)
Price

I have the moonshot...

Pro's
Flavour is as good as a really good dripper
Can handle 80VG and higher juices like a champ
Airflow is nice and swooshy
Form Factor

Cons
Build deck (and how you build it) - It can handle dual alien coils though, so it's big.
Juice Capacity (you'll refill it anywhere from 5 to 10 times a day)
Heat build up (they say it's got some tech to make it cool.... it doesn't work for me)
Price
They say it can handle 200W, have you tried this yet?:D

200w no problem and my tank don't heat up at all!!! Best Rdta imo
Hey dude, could you please post some pics of your current build in there? My one gets pretty darn warm at 80watts, let alone 200!

I'm wondering if it's my build or my particular tank that has a fault of some kind...

Hey dude, could you please post some pics of your current build in there? My one gets pretty darn warm at 80watts, let alone 200!

I'm wondering if it's my build or my particular tank that has a fault of some kind...
Hey bud what coils are you running?

iv been so patient and watching all the new tanks and different versions come in but I still havent made my mind up yet.
so heres the deal. i have the subtank mini with the evic vtc. i would of kept the subtank longer but one of the threads on the main post is shot so it only catches on a certain spot and takes me a long time to build coils as I struggle to tighten the one post.
now I know you can get the v2 rba deck but i love the v1 as mine has been cut deeper to open the juice holes wider for better flow. im not a fan of the v2 where the wicks sit on the side and have seen reports of leaks (but lets leave that for now)

now i feel that i want to start building dual coil but as issues above i cant. now im looking for a tank to replace the current one i have.

what i would like.
- juice capacity (doesnt matter as long as its not 2.0Ml and lower)
- filling holes for juice (iv seen top fill is the new order of the day with tanks coming out now, i dont mind but i def want something where i can fill it like the subtank where u can take the build deck apart without emptying out all liquid)
the subtank is a plus where i can start fresh builds without emptying the juice i have in.
lots of reviews iv seen where top fill leaks a bit on certain tanks.
- build deck (pref something bigger than the subtank im not fussy but iv seen alot where ppl are saying velocity style is the way to go)
- drip tip (im not too fussy , being using the wide bore for ages and not interested in 3rd party drip tips)
- Air holes (ppl have being raving about large airholes so id assume this has a big role to play when choosing a RTA)

i'm prob sounding fussy but if I should wait longer until something new pops up I dont mind but then again my time is as short as the life of my build deck. im sticking with building coils so dont care if an RTA doesnt have an option for prebuilt coils

Great thread @sabrefm1 and I don't think you are being too fussy. You are carefully considering what you want and that is great.

Am following this thread with interest

Last edited:
OOOo as someone on the market for a new RTA I might as well jump on here as well...currently sitting with the Avocado and the goblin mini, both of which I love but am looking for something else as well.

Crius for sure!

Lots of people have been tooting the horn for the crius but personally I am not sold 100% on it...I mean sure it has great top fil and velocity deck but aaaaaahhhh.....the choices

I don't want to hijack OP's thread but I am stuck between the following options:
Crius
Griffin
Gemini

and then I happened to see the billows V3 which is essentially the love child of the 3 tabnks mentioned above but there is no info on release date...

Gotta second the Aromamizer, Crius, and Griffin.

The Griffin certainly has a larger build deck, and you'd want the optional velocity deck for the Aromamizer (at least, it's an optional bit of kit in NA). The only real knock on the latter is the silly afc band, which can get juice on it an turn in your pocket (or if you look at it sideways). The Crius is very strong, and honourable mention (IMHO) would go to the Avocado.

Now that I have learnt the correct way to wick the Avocado I am really enjoying it...
Avo9.JPG

Lots of people have been tooting the horn for the crius but personally I am not sold 100% on it...I mean sure it has great top fil and velocity deck but aaaaaahhhh.....the choices

I don't want to hijack OP's thread but I am stuck between the following options:
Crius
Griffin
Gemini

and then I happened to see the billows V3 which is essentially the love child of the 3 tabnks mentioned above but there is no info on release date...
I dont think it is a hijack, still relevent to his question ;)

The Griffin has had a lot of support, and that Gemini does look like a beauty. I haven't had much experience with different tanks and that's what I liked about the Crius, went to it from the subtank, and it just worked for me, no drama whatsoever.

As a side note - @Papa_Lazarou , I love the "I squonk therefore I am" bastardisation ;)

Share some input on the avo rob...I'm in need of a new build and rewick for avo...got some leakage last night

Instructions compliments of @Oliver Barry. Wick tightish through the coil and then split the wick tails in half and cut off 50% - 60% of the (thickness) tails so they fit through the holes to the tank with plenty of space...

I dont think it is a hijack, still relevent to his question ;)

The Griffin has had a lot of support, and that Gemini does look like a beauty. I haven't had much experience with different tanks and that's what I liked about the Crius, went to it from the subtank, and it just worked for me, no drama whatsoever.

As a side note - @Papa_Lazarou , I love the "I squonk therefore I am" bastardisation ;)

Don't get me wrong...the crius is definitely a strong contender...just something personally for me keeping it from being 100% sold on it...I am dying to get my hands on the Gemini to see what she can do...

Will
Instructions compliments of @Oliver Barry. Wick tightish through the coil and then split the wick tails in half and cut off 50% - 60% of the (thickness) tails so they fit through the holes to the tank with plenty of space...

Okay I'll give it a go later and see how it goes....btw what build u running on yours and are u finding it a thirsty lil thing as well?

Will

Okay I'll give it a go later and see how it goes....btw what build u running on yours and are u finding it a thirsty lil thing as well?

Alien Clapton... yes all these new tanks drink juice like there is no tomorrow! :eek:

Lol that's an understatement...fill avo...take 7-10 drags and bang...tank is empty...

When I go out with a REO I just pick up the REO and go... with these new tanks like the Avo and Target I have to leave with spare batteries and a 100ml juice bottle! :confused:

Back