What should vendors do to ............

Pargo uses the same concept and also has a huge network of lockers.
The problem with some of these eco shipping methods is the delivery time. Most customers want their order asap. Pargo can take days and even up to a week to have a parcel at its destination pickup point.

I am sure vendors can make these shipping methods available, but the customer then has to understand the lead time in deliveries.

I have found that TGC is the most reliable, hence I only give this option at this moment. They do offer discount shipping (I think R85 or so), but only in the Gauteng network. Their standard rate anywhere in the country is R115 incl.

The problem with some of these eco shipping methods is the delivery time. Most customers want their order asap. Pargo can take days and even up to a week to have a parcel at its destination pickup point.

I am sure vendors can make these shipping methods available, but the customer then has to understand the lead time in deliveries.

I have found that TGC is the most reliable, hence I only give this option at this moment. They do offer discount shipping (I think R85 or so), but only in the Gauteng network. Their standard rate anywhere in the country is R115 incl.
R179 to me hehe

@Jacques3Fox If you use Pudo the delivery time is exactly the same as it would be through TCG, since it is TCG who collects and delivers the parcel.

Courier fees are a killer. Vendors should use Pudo https://www.pudo-sa.co.za/ which is MUCH cheaper, in spite of the fact that it is actually TCG who collect and deliver the parcel.

View attachment 222983

To use Pudo, one must use a locker somewhere - either for collection or delivery.

The big vendors could have orders collected from them by Pudo, but delivered to a customer's locker. The customer would need to find out where their nearest Pudo locker is and exactly what the name is (which they can find on the Pudo website) and simply state that as a delivery address.

The only downside is that there is no insurance, so I wouldn't use it for delivery of expensive items such as mods.

I've used Pudo a number of times already and none of the parcels have gone astray.
Capture.JPG

Cannot be used for juice unfortunately.

View attachment 223256

Cannot be used for juice unfortunately.

@YeOldeOke I often send juice via Pudo. How would they know what is in the parcel? One doesn't fill in a waybill or state the contents anywhere. The collection and delivery is simply booked online. All that is required is the collection and delivery address (a locker MUST be used for one of them). Pudo then gives you a tracking number once you've booked it and states what details must be on the package: Tracking number, recipient's name and address (either street or locker) and tel. no. Not even the postal code is required.

Courier fees are a killer. Vendors should use Pudo https://www.pudo-sa.co.za/ which is MUCH cheaper, in spite of the fact that it is actually TCG who collect and deliver the parcel.

View attachment 222983

To use Pudo, one must use a locker somewhere - either for collection or delivery.

The big vendors could have orders collected from them by Pudo, but delivered to a customer's locker. The customer would need to find out where their nearest Pudo locker is and exactly what the name is (which they can find on the Pudo website) and simply state that as a delivery address.

The only downside is that there is no insurance, so I wouldn't use it for delivery of expensive items such as mods.

I've used Pudo a number of times already and none of the parcels have gone astray.

PUDO should be the prefered option in classifieds and an available option at all vendors, TCG have literally peppered the entire country with lockers. Apart from expensive items, why pay TCG R100+ when you can pay pudo and hence TCG R50+:D And SAY NO to postnet and dsv taking 5+ days to deliver!

@YeOldeOke I often send juice via Pudo. How would they know what is in the parcel? One doesn't fill in a waybill or state the contents anywhere. The collection and delivery is simply booked online. All that is required is the collection and delivery address (a locker MUST be used for one of them). Pudo then gives you a tracking number once you've booked it and states what details must be on the package: Tracking number, recipient's name and address (either street or locker) and tel. no. Not even the postal code is required.

I've even done the reverse trip before. Book a locker where the sender wants, and have the package delivered to my door.

PUDO should be the prefered option in classifieds and an available option at all vendors, TCG have literally peppered the entire country with lockers. Apart from expensive items, why pay TCG R100+ when you can pay pudo and hence TCG R50+:D And SAY NO to postnet and dsv taking 5+ days to deliver!

In addition, it prevents vendors from over-charging on courier fees, since the fees are on the Pudo site for all to see.

Back