What Vape set up would you recommend to a newbie Vaper?

TheBoredvApe

Noob Vaper
LV

Awards
What recommendations would you give to a smoker looking to make the jump to try Vaping?

Any cool deals or packages you're aware of?

Tips n tricks welcome too.

What recommendations would you give to a smoker looking to make the jump to try Vaping?

Any cool deals or packages you're aware of?

Tips n tricks welcome too.
I found the biggest problem was the loss of "convenience"i.e. just taking a packet of smokes out of your pocket and lighting one.

I "downgraded"to a Kipo, and now a Miso Pro, and they have worked for me since January.

Quick, easy and clean, carried in my pocket and no leaking.

I will be controversial on this one. But my experience. Buy a dual battery mod kit. Check what coils cost for the kit you buy and how easy are they for you to get near you. Buy at a vape shop and get them to show you how to prime a coil and replace it (A very simple procedure). Later you can buy a rebuildable tank and you don't have the expense of buying a suitable mod to go with it. I thought because a smoked the tobacco flavours would suit me better. This is not necessarily true. Think of your favourite fruit and buy a juice that has the same profile as the fruit you like. That's all you need in the beginning. If you want external battery chargers etc. that can come later. Most mods you can charge the batteries in the mod for starters. Once you have it you can experiment with flavours but generally a new flavour requires a new coil. With in a month I was very fortunate @ivc_mixer gave me a rebuildable RTA and I don't use tanks like you get with a mod kit anymore (Sub Ohm Tanks)

I got the Vaporesso Luxe X, and I really like it. Comes with two pod options, one for Mouth to Lung, one for restricted Direct to Lung. Had it for a month now, and had no leaks, and no issues.

Vital to get the right flavours
juice hunt can be a long and tough journey or you might get lucky and find a few good flavours quickly
but it’s very important in my view to find 2 or 3 flavours you really like

IMO the most important thing to find out from the potential vaper is their attitude wrt technology and tinkering.

To simplify matters let's divide the world into two types of people.

The first has little or no interest in how or why things work and wants the easiest and most straightforward solution. For such a person I would suggest a disposable. I hate them with a passion but they do serve a purpose. No hassle at all. Buy one and suck on it. No charging, coil building, wattage settings, or juice to add, .... nothing. The success of disposables is proof that they are what many people want.

The second type of person likes to tinker and fiddle with gadgets. For them, I would base my suggestion on their level of interest in trying out some or many options. If they have no problems with charging but will never build a coil then a pod system may be the way to go. If they are prepared to add their own juice then an open pod system. If they are willing to add juice and change coils then perhaps a sub-ohm tank with PNP-type coils. If they are willing to do even more then RTAs, coil building, DIY juice etc.

In my opinion, the first type of person may develop into the second type but will probably remain with disposables or maybe closed pods.

The important thing is to stop smoking. How you do it is up to you. If you are type one then very little advice is necessary. They are cheap. Buy a few and find out which one suits you.

If you are type two then the forum is your best friend. Do a bit of research on the forum then ask questions.

IMO the most important thing to find out from the potential vaper is their attitude wrt technology and tinkering.

To simplify matters let's divide the world into two types of people.

The first has little or no interest in how or why things work and wants the easiest and most straightforward solution. For such a person I would suggest a disposable. I hate them with a passion but they do serve a purpose. No hassle at all. Buy one and suck on it. No charging, coil building, wattage settings, or juice to add, .... nothing. The success of disposables is proof that they are what many people want.

The second type of person likes to tinker and fiddle with gadgets. For them, I would base my suggestion on their level of interest in trying out some or many options. If they have no problems with charging but will never build a coil then a pod system may be the way to go. If they are prepared to add their own juice then an open pod system. If they are willing to add juice and change coils then perhaps a sub-ohm tank with PNP-type coils. If they are willing to do even more then RTAs, coil building, DIY juice etc.

In my opinion, the first type of person may develop into the second type but will probably remain with disposables or maybe closed pods.

The important thing is to stop smoking. How you do it is up to you. If you are type one then very little advice is necessary. They are cheap. Buy a few and find out which one suits you.

If you are type two then the forum is your best friend. Do a bit of research on the forum then ask questions.

excellent summary, will second what @Puff the Magic Dragon says above

Back