What wire is working for you in what RTA's/RDA's

Stranger

Vaping Addict
LV

Awards
As I journey through this vape world I find myself building for different tanks.

Arctic Dolphin Hector likes simple Ni80 single wire (dual) coils in 24 or 26 gauge

Blotto = Multi wire, twisted or parallel

Vapefly mesh = also Multi wire, twisted or parallel

Dvarw clones = single 22 awg comp wire (multi metal composition)

Intake = single 22 awg comp wire (multi metal composition)

Recurve dual = Claptons, single wire or multi

Loop V1.5 = Very versatile, get good results over a wide range of wire and coils

Tauren solo = Claptons and twisted competition wires

Kennedy Trickster ... does not matter what I put in here, it delivers

Wasp Nano = Single wire Ni80 claptons

Blitzen, also very versatile, can build for ADV or cloud chasing. It is not fussy

So come on, name your wire for your RDA's/RTA's. What is working well for you ?

Interesting but I’m boring and stick to a single alien around the 0.38-0.45 ish mark. Works for me in everything and makes life simple.

Tauren RDTA: Ni80 24g Flatwire
Drop RDA: Ni80 24g Flatwire
Tauren Solo RDA: Ni80 Tri Core Fused Clapton
Tauren One RTA: Ni80 Tri Core Fused Clapton
Dvarw DL RTA: Ni80 Tri Core Fused Clapton
Tauren MTL RTA: Comp Wire 26g
DotMTL RTA: Comp Wire 26g
Expro V4 RTA: Comp Wire 26g
Reaper RDA: Comp Wire 26g
Shado Omni RTA: Ni80 24G Roundwire

It's the only tanks I am using now, but found my happy place with the wires for each of them and is quite set on it currently. I play around with a bit of SS316L and other coils now and again, but end up using my old setups later on in any case.

And I see that 22 awg coil master comp wire your pif'd me is not even on your list. Thanks again by the way because it has become the go to for the Dvarw clones every time. Great flavour from it and so easy on those fiddly decks. I stocked up on packets on my last order.

@Paul33 not boring, if that is your happy place then be happy. I am not so much OCD as too curios. I do a build and then it gets curioser and curioser. Believe me it can be a pain in the ass when your mind does not let it go.

And I see that 22 awg coil master comp wire your pif'd me is not even on your list. Thanks again by the way because it has become the go to for the Dvarw clones every time. Great flavour from it and so easy on those fiddly decks. I stocked up on packets on my last order.

@Paul33 not boring, if that is your happy place then be happy. I am not so much OCD as too curios. I do a build and then it gets curioser and curioser. Believe me it can be a pain in the ass when your mind does not let it go.

I tried the 22, the 24 and the 26.... got stuck on the 26 in one tank and it just boiled over from there to the others. I now prewrap my comp wire coils and they are good to go for any pitstop on any of the tanks I use it in as I use them all the same. Consistent flavor and performance. Also caught myself stocking up on more than I need.

I hear you @Stranger. I used to do the same and fiddle and faf and change and see if I could make it better and always searching for a bit more flavour but then I’d bugger it up and be grumpy so I stick to what I know and enjoy now.

I really keep things as simple as possible! I am a believer (right or wrong) that surface area is a main ingredient towards flavour while i don't like coils with any braiding or where pockets of e-liquid can sit lying in wait to give a vicious spit!

I prefer Ni80 for flavour but also use SS because i love using the Replay feature so for this reason i do really like @charln's hybrid coils especially the MTL.

If the airflow allows it i use MTL fused claptons or MTL Aliens, if not i use simple round wire! For single coil RDL i go for Tri core fused Claptons (both Ni80 and SS) which i get from Nature Vape, the MTL coils i tend to use Coilology!

I keep it simple

Dual 28ga Wrapped in 40ga
Ni80
2.5mm for dual and 3mm for single

But reading the responses up top I quickly realize I don't have enough RTA / RDA's

So im just going to walk away.

I keep it simple

Dual 28ga Wrapped in 40ga
Ni80
2.5mm for dual and 3mm for single

But reading the responses up top I quickly realize I don't have enough RTA / RDA's

So im just going to walk away.
I have one so don’t feel bad

For me, bottom airflow, low profile single deck Atty with nickel plain alien and cotton bacon v2
But as per subject, it works for me

Back