Whats A Good Multimeter To Buy?

Riaz

Passion changes everything
VIP
LV

Awards
hi guys

so i got my ohms meter yesterday, but feel the need to get a multimeter to check my battery levels.

i know i can check on the svd, but dont feel to pop it in there to check all the time, seeing my nemesis just arrived in ZA (so probably another 2weeks or so before its in my hands)

im looking for the smallest one possible, probably to carry with me everyday.

If you want accurate a Fluke :D if just a knock around meter then majortech and toptronic make little pocket meters

Sent from my GT-I9190 using Tapatalk

Mica has an affordable little blue meter. The lead resistance is about 1ohm and the volt reading is spot on with my SVD.

hi guys

so i got my ohms meter yesterday, but feel the need to get a multimeter to check my battery levels.

i know i can check on the svd, but dont feel to pop it in there to check all the time, seeing my nemesis just arrived in ZA (so probably another 2weeks or so before its in my hands)

im looking for the smallest one possible, probably to carry with me everyday.
Oh, yes....my most handy vaping tool ever foots your bill 100 %. You won't believe what a difference this makes, all that popping in and out, screwing and unscrewing, powering up, pressing buttons, etc. Courtesy of @johanct.
xFT62EF.jpg

Just for battery voltage check, don't buy Fluke (although all my MM are Fluke brand), buy the cheapest you can get.

Just for battery voltage check, don't buy Fluke (although all my MM are Fluke brand), buy the cheapest you can get.
How about knocking out a few johanct meters for us ctp okes? We'll pay of course and you can ship to 1 adress here for distribution? Just an idea.

I will gladly take one, and will make a small donation to Afriville on your behalf as well as paying you the purchase price

How about knocking out a few johanct meters for us ctp okes? We'll pay of course and you can ship to 1 adress here for distribution? Just an idea.

i will so be in for one of these

@johanct make it work bro

i basically need exactly what you made for @Matthee

I can build up meters, no problem but will need some estimate of how many? as the main components needs to be imported and just a couple won't justify the shipping cost.

I know this will add to the price, but won't it be better for you and for distribution countrywide to go through a few forum resellers?

I can build up meters, no problem but will need some estimate of how many? as the main components needs to be imported and just a couple won't justify the shipping cost.

how many buyers would you need to make it possible?

If you are going to import those displays, depending on cost, I will take 10 please.
Got a little project I'm thinking about.

I will do a costing (the shipping will be more than the components). @Matthee if online guys are interested no problem, I just don't have the infra structure to market. I was thinking of doing at cost and Afriville add small % to contribute to the Rhino project?

what components are needed for this?

I will do a costing (the shipping will be more than the components). @Matthee if online guys are interested no problem, I just don't have the infra structure to market. I was thinking of doing at cost and Afriville add small % to contribute to the Rhino project?
Sounds great. No, sounds more than great. I have an ebay link somewhere to buy the measuring part - from a guy in ECF Reoville who does this for free for USA Reonauts. Will search and let you know.

what components are needed for this?

That which need to be imported are micro-processor & 31/2 Digit7-segment display (because local suppliers are ludicrous with pricing) and some silicone stranded wire - the passives I should have enough ex-stock.

Sounds great. No, sounds more than great. I have an ebay link somewhere to buy the measuring part - from a guy in ECF Reoville who does this for free for USA Reonauts. Will search and let you know.

Thanks @Matthee but he gets it from the same manufacturer in China than I do plus his markup? I was more thinking of local assembly to save the extra labour cost.

shot guys

this will be awesome

Ok will someone please keep a tally in the interim, and in a day or 2 when my Telkom line is hopefully sorted I will post all the info etc.

Ok, let us start a serious tally of the doohickey to help @johanct for quantities. I will start below. Just add your post with the same info.

Back