What's in your hand right now?

Thanks for the feedback on the Cubis tank @Andre
Would be interested to hear your thoughts after a while - you are right - we are missing a great modern MTL starter

I'm really looking forward to @Andre's review of the Cubis... then I can phone him and find out what on earth I'm doing wrong! :rock:

Cuboid with Cubis.

iL4hS58.jpg
Beautiful photo @Andre

Leaks? Then it's DEAD to me! :confused:

I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong with my Cubis? First coil burnt out... second coil seems to do the same... I just can't see how the tiny juice holes are big enough? I put it down and left it alone... I will pick it up and play with it again in a day or so... I thought it would be the one but so far I don't like it one bit!

Strange .. I've used the 0.5 at 28W for direct to lung for a few days and it works well, as good or better than any other subtank with similar settings. Sorry to ask the obvious, but is your airflow sufficiently open?

One oddity I found is that one would assume it would work well till the liquid is all the way to the bottom since the BF coils have their liquid intake at the bottom which is also right at the bottom of the tank. This does not actually seem to be the case though, I suspect if the liquid level gets too low it starts sucking air (when one tilts the tank?) which leads to overheating on the coil. After a refill from such a condition the coil will tend to spit a bit for the first 4 or 5 drags.

Disclaimer: I sell these so my opinion might be, even if only subconsciously, biased.

@Rob Fisher Thanks Rob, the Tron isn't the best in my opinion for MTL, not a big throat kick and leaks a bit.
Will have a look at the Cubis, still waiting for the P67 then i'll be sorted for life :D
No leaking on the Cubis at all. It gives great flavour for me and does glorious MTL. Easiest tank ever. Using the 0.5 ohm coil at the moment at around 20 W. I am not a lung hitter at all, but tried it on the wide open and seems to work quite well for that. @JakesSA confirms above that it works well for lung hitting though.

For sure an improvement on the TRON, @ChadB - even in the throat hit department on the 0.5 ohm coils. Hope they bring out a rebuildable coil unit.

No burnt coil at all, @Rob Fisher. Did you pre-wet the wick. Also think important to follow Joyetech's guidelines for the different coil units. Not too much power on these units.

x6rD3uX.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks @Andre and @JakesSA. Yip the first fail was too much power... I have subsequently reduced power and is a lot better...it seems to be wicking fine... I guess after all these sub ohm lung hitting tanks I was expecting much of the same and it's most certainly nothing like all the other tanks... this one is very different and much more old school restricted and MTL...

I am completely to blame for the non performance of this tank... for those that love the Nautilus this would be a natural progression.

I'll get some new coils and start over with my MTL juices.

I really do think your airflow control has a problem... wide open this tank should be regular straight to lung stuff. :confused:

Good to know that's it's more for MTL, thanks :)
Tried the Cubis wide open doing lung hits and seems to work quite well, but I am not a lung hitter at all, so cannot be used as a good yardstick for this. @JakesSA above is of the opinion that it is great for lung hitting too.

Well .. its not a Crown or TFV4 but compares very favourably in this department with the rest of them.

I really do think your airflow control has a problem... wide open this tank should be regular straight to lung stuff. :confused:

Even with the airflow full open it's still a MTL device for me. Will I be getting rid of mine? Nope it's a pretty good MTL atty and one that my best mates may want to upgrade from their Nautilus to.

Even with the airflow full open it's still a MTL device for me. Will I be getting rid of mine? Nope it's a pretty good MTL atty and one that my best mates may want to upgrade from their Nautilus to.
You see - vaping has enlarged the capacity of you lungs dramatically:p

How would you guys compare the Cubis' airflow at fully open with the Subtank Mini fully open?

Subtank Mini has more airflow. For me the Subtank mini is a lung atty and the Cubis is MTL.
The Subtank is already a bit tight for me, so the Cubis won't do for me unfortunately, shame because it sounds so good. It does however sound like a great starter tank and a great substitute for the still popular Nautilus Mini, I am definitely going to look into these, will be interesting to see how the coils hold up over time though.

The Subtank is already a bit tight for me, so the Cubis won't do for me unfortunately, shame because it sounds so good. It does however sound like a great starter tank and a great substitute for the still popular Nautilus Mini, I am definitely going to look into these, will be interesting to see how the coils hold up over time though.

Yip if the Sub Tank is already too tight for you the Cubis won't work for you... I must say it's a good looking tank and the design is pretty clever... I started out not liking the tank but that's because I didn't treat it for what it was designed for... now that I'm driving it correctly it works as you would want it to. I think the MTL boys who want to vape at low power and have great battery life will really take to it.

Yip if the Sub Tank is already too tight for you the Cubis won't work for you... I must say it's a good looking tank and the design is pretty clever... I started out not liking the tank but that's because I didn't treat it for what it was designed for... now that I'm driving it correctly it works as you would want it to. I think the MTL boys who want to vape at low power and have great battery life will really take to it.

I have now vaped a full tank on this. My initial impressions are that it is a clear winner. Flavour and vapour are just awesome on the 0.5 ohm SS unit, on variable voltage as Joyetech recommends. Functionally, the best ever - far better than the mAN. Vaping Heavenly Peaches by ComplexChaos, which is a 60VG juice. However, as @BumbleBee says, the proof of the pudding will be in how long a coil unit lasts, which is the only reason HRH moved away from the mAN. Shall let you know re the 0.5 ohm one.

As to lung hitting, we shall have to wait for some more opinions on that.

I'm sitting with the eVic-VTC mini :) vaping Fogg's Milky Way
I'm actually looking for a new tank to put on it... Any advice?
I want it to be an RBA tank with good view of how much liquid I have in it.
Maybe there is already a thread on it?

I'm sitting with the eVic-VTC mini :) vaping Fogg's Milky Way
I'm actually looking for a new tank to put on it... Any advice?
I want it to be an RBA tank with good view of how much liquid I have in it.
Maybe there is already a thread on it?
Hi @Cobus Alberts

If you're looking at an exclusively RBA tank (no option of stock coils), the OBS Crius is a great option. See this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/obs-crius-rta.t17686/ The Geekvape Griffin that has just hit our shores also looks to be highly rated. It's quite similar to the Crius, but has a bigger build deck if you're planning on installing something like 3 mm inner diameter Clapton coils (at the expense of .7 ml less juice capacity in a very slightly bigger {excluding drip tip} tank). If you're looking to do single coil builds, the Wotofo Serpent looks to be the winner right now for exclusively single coil RTA's (most of the UD / Youde tanks also allow you the option to do single or double coil builds)

If you're looking at tanks that offers you the options to either rebuild or use stock coils, your best options would probably be the trusty Subtank Mini (if you're only looking at single coil rebuilds) or (what I personally would much rather choose) the new UD Zephyrus V2 - single coil or dual coil rebuildable, top fill; .2 ohm, .3 ohm. .5 ohm and 1.8 ohm stock coils available. The Aromizer RDTA, which many love and swear by, now also have .3ohm stock coils available.

With all of the above tanks you can clearly see your remaining liquid level.

Hope that helps a bit.

Hi @Cobus Alberts

If you're looking at an exclusively RBA tank (no option of stock coils), the OBS Crius is a great option. See this thread: http://www.ecigssa.co.za/obs-crius-rta.t17686/ The Geekvape Griffin that has just hit our shores also looks to be highly rated. It's quite similar to the Crius, but has a bigger build deck if you're planning on installing something like 3 mm inner diameter Clapton coils (at the expense of .7 ml less juice capacity in a very slightly bigger {excluding drip tip} tank). If you're looking to do single coil builds, the Wotofo Serpent looks to be the winner right now for exclusively single coil RTA's (most of the UD / Youde tanks also allow you the option to do single or double coil builds)

If you're looking at tanks that offers you the options to either rebuild or use stock coils, your best options would probably be the trusty Subtank Mini (if you're only looking at single coil rebuilds) or (what I personally would much rather choose) the new UD Zephyrus V2 - single coil or dual coil rebuildable, top fill; .2 ohm, .3 ohm. .5 ohm and 1.8 ohm stock coils available. The Aromizer RDTA, which many love and swear by, now also have .3ohm stock coils available.

With all of the above tanks you can clearly see your remaining liquid level.

Hope that helps a bit.
Wow, thanks!! I hardly expected such a extensive reply! You've given me much to research on! I've never built my own coils.... yet... But in the last 2 months I've been completely sucked into this hobby!
Thanks so much :)

Wow, thanks!! I hardly expected such a extensive reply! You've given me much to research on! I've never built my own coils.... yet... But in the last 2 months I've been completely sucked into this hobby!
Thanks so much :)
My pleasure. It's actually very easy if even I can do it. However, in that case it might be better to either keep your stock coil tank as a backup for the first few days whilst figuring it out or to get a RTA that allows for stock coils with a stock coil or two.

@Cobus Alberts It may be worth getting a couple of those Wotofo pre-wrapped coils and playing around with them, installing and wicking and seeing how it goes.

I know @Maxxis sells them for R35 for 5 coils and they are really easy to get installed and working on any device. From there you can get some wire and practice wrapping but at least then you know you can work out hot spots efficiently & wick without the coil going hay wire ;)

Also, the MuTank has stock coils as well as the RBA deck so thats a good option imo

Back