What's your vaping style/s?

Your vaping style (multiple selection possible)

• MTL <~25W

• MTL >~25w

• DTL <~45W

• DTL >~45W

Results are only viewable after voting.

YeOldeOke

Elite Vaper
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
I'd be interested to get an idea of the distribution in vaping styles here on the forum. I'd imagine they differ from the general vaping public which I would think is mostly low powered pods, which may be a wrong impression on both counts :confused:

I'd appreciate your input about you - and your partner's - vaping styles.

Please vote!

I love airy tanks at their most open settings and love anything from 50 - 85w. I do however have a Pasito Pod that I used with 12mg freebase nic. like once in 6 months. I have tried restricted DL but for some odd reason I don't find it as flavourful, maybe it's to do with the warmth (or lack thereof).

My wife used to love her 12mg freebase nicotine juices but considering she vapes it like a DL mod I quickly weened her off of it. She is now happy with a restricted DL draw (25 - 35w) at 3mg.

Last edited:
I have two. During the day a restricted DL (I just can't do MTL anymore) and I get my best results on VV but around the 25-35 W range. Evenings in particular can be full on DL on mechs. A 0.15 build can go to 90 W and 25 amps, this is just pure flavour chasing.

I'd be interested to get an idea of the distribution in vaping styles here on the forum. I'd imagine they differ from the general vaping public which I would think is mostly low powered pods, which may be a wrong impression on both counts :confused:

I'd appreciate your input about you - and your partner's - vaping styles.

Please vote!

@YeOldeOke I know quite a few members of the general vaping public who vape DTL only, as well as those who use low-powered pods for nic salts.

Myself: DL between 35 and 50W depending on tank/dripper I am using, 70/30 (or close to it) 6mg max. MTL 15W and below. Same PG/VG and nic as my DL, but different flavor.

Mrs Chuck Norris Lungs: 30W MTL 50/50 18mg... hence the name...

The actual devices are an array of Mods, podkits, pod tanks, rebuildables.

During the day and watching TV I usually mtl, it's easier at work and doesn't bother my wife while we are chilling usually between 18-22 watts.
But when I retreat to the man cave I DL, I have a zues mesh tank at around 45 watts, my QP MR at around 40 watts and my Rebirth around 60 watts

Correct me if I am wrong please.

So MTL is mainly < 25W, there seems to be a few exceptions if I scan the net but in the main <25W
DTL >25W one would consider 25W to about 45W as medium power, > 45W high power. Thinking about broad categorizations here.

> 80W The Great Juice Rape. :D

Correct me if I am wrong please.

So MTL is mainly < 25W, there seems to be a few exceptions if I scan the net but in the main <25W
DTL >25W one would consider 25W to about 45W as medium power, > 45W high power. Thinking about broad categorizations here.

> 80W The Great Juice Rape. :D

That seems to be the common consensus regarding power levels.

Many moons ago I used the Ileaf mini batteries, I still have them, they still work and the are ..... 5W max. Tanks were clearo's or justfog Q14/16.
Then I upgraded to .... 10 W and then 30 W.

All of these did a perfectly good job and was what was available at the time. What has changed is the complexity of the devices and juices. Hell you can get a 220 W mod, but I do not know a single person who vapes at that power.

MTL = lower W and less volume of vapour. Take an Aegis and put a disposable on top and you have a vape for days at MTL, even though those coils in the disposable are 0.15.

DTL requires more heat and usually more surface to vaporise the juice. This in turn requires power.

Sho I remember the early days when the tanks had a single wire coil. Not wrapped it was straight.

Hell you can get a 220 W mod, but I do not know a single person who vapes at that power.

Exactly! I don't understand the point of manufacturing a mod that can vape at that wattage - or of owning one.

Exactly! I don't understand the point of manufacturing a mod that can vape at that wattage - or of owning one.

I have a mod that can do 300W (on paper), I pushed it up to 300W on the dial once to see that it actually goes that high... but never have I pressed the fire button on over 90W on it. Does make for great battery life on MTL at 15W...

Back