Which mod/kit to get next?

darryn.britton

Experienced Vaper
LV

Awards
Currently using a Pico with a Gemini tank. Besides the painful building/wicking and the very occasional leak on the Gemini I've been very happy with this setup. It's seeing better days though so I'm contemplating what to get next. The post of the tank is loose so it often shorts or misreads. Pico is tarnished and scratched a bit as well.

It has to be RBA (combination single/dual deck preferred) and whilst dripping could be an option I do like the convenience of a tank. Size and weight wise, something close to what I have now. Tried an H-Priv a few months back and it's just too big and heavy. Either single or dual battery and I typically vape at 40-60W.

Budget is as little as possible :)

The 2 I've earmarked so far are the AL85 and the Dripbox 2. AL85 with the RBA deck seems as if it'll be similar to what I have now so it'll be familiar. Dripbox 2 seems like a fantastic kit at a crazy price so maybe I'm missing something? I quite like the idea of trying a squonker type setup too as I believe it's the best of both worlds - RDA flavour with RTA convenience?

Would appreciate some advice/opinions and maybe even if somebody has a decent kit for sale?

Thanks!

I've actually just placed a order for the AL85 but the mod only as my pico is starting to misfire after a year of abuse. Will let you know what I think of the device once it's in hand

Currently using a Pico with a Gemini tank. Besides the painful building/wicking and the very occasional leak on the Gemini I've been very happy with this setup. It's seeing better days though so I'm contemplating what to get next. The post of the tank is loose so it often shorts or misreads. Pico is tarnished and scratched a bit as well.

It has to be RBA (combination single/dual deck preferred) and whilst dripping could be an option I do like the convenience of a tank. Size and weight wise, something close to what I have now. Tried an H-Priv a few months back and it's just too big and heavy. Either single or dual battery and I typically vape at 40-60W.

Budget is as little as possible :)

The 2 I've earmarked so far are the AL85 and the Dripbox 2. AL85 with the RBA deck seems as if it'll be similar to what I have now so it'll be familiar. Dripbox 2 seems like a fantastic kit at a crazy price so maybe I'm missing something? I quite like the idea of trying a squonker type setup too as I believe it's the best of both worlds - RDA flavour with RTA convenience?

Would appreciate some advice/opinions and maybe even if somebody has a decent kit for sale?

Thanks!
Out of those two options I would personally steer towards the AL85.

Although the Dripbox 2 has been received well, I just think that it is too big a difference if you're looking for something similar to your current setup.

I've actually just placed a order for the AL85 but the mod only as my pico is starting to misfire after a year of abuse. Will let you know what I think of the device once it's in hand
Thanks bud I'd appreciate that!

Out of those two options I would personally steer towards the AL85.

Although the Dripbox 2 has been received well, I just think that it is too big a difference if you're looking for something similar to your current setup.
Thanks! 2-0 then so far :D

AL85 comes out trump in my books as well so that makes it 3-0

So I promised some feedback and after 6 days the AL85 is a winner for me.
I'm not sure if the chipset is more efficient than the pico but vaping at 2-4watts higher than the pico the battery seems to still last a bit longer. The hit also feels a bit harder but I think my pico was giving in anyway so cant compare to a new one. All in all I'm pretty impressed with this little device and I love using it as my daily runner with mage on top.

So @darryn.britton the AL85 gets my vote again

I haven't used the AL85 but I love my Dripbox2.
Not a lot of people liked the dripper that came with it, but I thought it was pretty good. I've got a Hadaly on it at the moment.

The AL85 is tiny though, which I love.

If we comparing mods , then the AL85 I presume would work better ....

But for an overall future proof experience the Dripbox 2 is chicken dinner , I myself am looking to get one.
For the price you can't go wrong , squonking FTW!

Back