Why can't I get back into Squonking?

I wonder if it’s not these silicone bottles
Might be my imagination but i have experienced this exact same thing. It is like Coke in a can vs in a bottle. The taste experience is different.
I have swapped out all my silicon bottles for the harder plastic ones for the taste reason as well as sucking the juice back.
I am a much happier vaper now. :)

Might be my imagination but i have experienced this exact same thing. It is like Coke in a can vs in a bottle. The taste experience is different.
I have swapped out all my silicon bottles for the harder plastic ones for the taste reason as well as sucking the juice back.
I am a much happier vaper now. :)

I also like the harder Reo bottles and i dont notice any change in flavour - unless i dont use a clean bottle for a new flavour

OK here we go... cleaned out the Flave 22 and rewicked... let's try with Gringo! ;-)
SquonkingPanama 001.JPG

Gone through the whole thread and agree with what most have said. I have a entry level squonker (Pico Sqeeze) and I haven't touched it in months. Squonk wise my XTC recipe is only nice in the beninging (pun intended) thereafter it goes down hill after a day. However once I drip some juice directly on the coil, the flavour comes back. Thus this leads me to believe that there is a difference in flavour with the method used in saturating the wick/coil. Squonking pushes the juice up resulting in either oversquonking/flooding the coil/wick. With dripping the juice flows from top to bottom and access juice goes in the atties juice well saturating it just enough. Not sure if my analogy will make sense but here goes: Its like taking a bath vs a shower. I'm lazy getting out of a bath, whereas when I take a shower I'm fresh as a daisy.

Hope it makes a little bit of sense.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one hassling with squonking... in the old days with my 14mm Cyclone on a REO with Tropical Ice it was consistent every time!

Found out from another member by accident about purging (basically just before you take the first hit after a squonk you blow out and then in on the RDA). Just be mindful of angled air atties like the DR you might toast your jammies :p

But I find this forces excess juice in the pipe back into the bottle and also gets rid of any over squonk juice.

I have also found that I enjoyed fruity menthol juices way more in the Reload RTA than on the squonker,and dessert juices were awesome on the squonker...bottles are another story,since getting this Dee bottle my squonking experience improved x100000...its a ***** to refill(if anyone has some tips,please...?),but its soft but firm enough if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get one of those YFTK refill bottle things from Sir Vape. Voodoo also has em but they closed till the 15th

@Rob Fisher I did a build in the Nixon with 20G Kanthal 2.5mm 6 wrap coming at 0.37. I gotta say im getting a much much crisper vape than with the flat wire. Definitely seems this tank does not need any fancy wires. Im prefering the vape much more than with the flatwire . lets see how the flavour holds up over the next day or 2.

OK Gringo tasted fine the next day... maybe it is just Red PIll that doesn't like silicone...

But the stupid bottle that comes with the DNA75C BF Therion is KAK... I can't work out why it doesn't work properly... but I replaced it with another bottle and refilled it with Panama! The tests continue!

OK Gringo tasted fine the next day... maybe it is just Red PIll that doesn't like silicone...

But the stupid bottle that comes with the DNA75C BF Therion is KAK... I can't work out why it doesn't work properly... but I replaced it with another bottle and refilled it with Panama! The tests continue!

There's a ring just below the screw in top that has a small hole in it which kind of acts as an air escape valve for when using the refill squonk bottle. Make sure that the air hole on the squonk bottle is in a closed position so no air escapes when you squonk. Took me a minute to figure that one out as well.

Hey Rob, could it have something to do with: - you squonk juice into the rda, - the fresh juice makes contact with the heated juice, wick etc, - the excess juice goes back into the bottle and this could be fouling up the clean liquid in the bottle.

There's a ring just below the screw in top that has a small hole in it which kind of acts as an air escape valve for when using the refill squonk bottle. Make sure that the air hole on the squonk bottle is in a closed position so no air escapes when you squonk. Took me a minute to figure that one out as well.

Thanks @Amir! @SAVapeGear buzzed me as well... and yes sure enough that is or was the issue! I guess I should have read the manual instead of throwing a tantrum and changing bottles. :p

Thanks @Amir! @SAVapeGear buzzed me as well... and yes sure enough that is or was the issue! I guess I should have read the manual instead of throwing a tantrum and changing bottles. :p

I don’t blame u I almost got rid of the mod but then I figured it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Im glad your Gringo held up for the day @Rob Fisher let us know how Panama is in the morrow please.

I too took a while to figure out the dam ring thing, aparently its for when refilling using the supplied 30ml refill bottle through the 510.

Still doesn't make sense to me as its more work then just filling your squonk bottle the tried and tested way.

In order to use the 30ml refill bottle you need to
1. Remove your atty
2. Fill your 30ml refill bottle
3. Open battery cover
4. Take out bottle
5. Turn the ring so airhole is open
6. Put bottle back in
7. Screw in refill bottle in 510
8. Fill your squonk bottle
9. Remove refill bottle
10. Take your squonk bottle out to close airhole on ring
11. Put bottle back in
12. Put your cover back.
13. Screw your atomiser back on.

Vs (the old way)

1. Remove battery cover
2. Take out bottle
3. Fill your squonk bottle
4. Put bottle back in
5. Put battery cover back on.

:-D
Sorry for the long message but these refill bottle things are truly a step backwards and makes something so simple so much more complicated.

Im glad your Gringo held up for the day @Rob Fisher let us know how Panama is in the morrow please.

@Clouds4Days Gringo did just fine overnight... now I'm testing Panama and it too seems to be fine... it seems Red Pill doesn't like Squonkers at all. :-(

But that's ok because I have plenty of RTA's and BB's for Red Pill. :)

@Clouds4Days Gringo did just fine overnight... now I'm testing Panama and it too seems to be fine... it seems Red Pill doesn't like Squonkers at all. :-(

But that's ok because I have plenty of RTA's and BB's for Red Pill. :)

Awesome stuff least now you can be forced to use diffrent juices in your squonkers :-D

So one squonk mod for panama, one for gringo and one for haywire 22 :-D

I see this only now so i hope this helps@rob fisher.
@KZOR got a good point.glass is better than plastic and hard plastic is slightly better than silicone.but if you like the silicone bottles then boil it first to get rid of the chemicals and also cure the silicone to make it last a bit longer.boiling leaches out the curing agents and stops the process from continuing.

Sent from my X30 using Tapatalk

Since I've been using the Reload RTA with the Ijoy D270, I haven't been able to go back to squonking. The Reload's flavor is soooo good and it's just much more convenient to just fill up the tank and vape away. Guess I'm a trator to squonking.....lol

Since I've been using the Reload RTA with the Ijoy D270, I haven't been able to go back to squonking. The Reload's flavor is soooo good and it's just much more convenient to just fill up the tank and vape away. Guess I'm a trator to squonking.....lol

I'm kind of at the same stage now , been squonking since the beginning almost but it's just becoming a schlep ..... and RTAs have since come a long way. Only issue I still have is tanks can be finnicky when it comes to wicking but get it right and you a for away .....

Guess some squonk stuff coming up for sale soon lol :p

I'm kind of at the same stage now , been squonking since the beginning almost but it's just becoming a schlep ..... and RTAs have since come a long way. Only issue I still have is tanks can be finnicky when it comes to wicking but get it right and you a for away .....

Guess some squonk stuff coming up for sale soon lol :p

Exactly! Once I got the nack of wicking the Reload it's been vaping heaven for me and the squonker (the R2600 Driptech TS) has been standing there looking all abandoned and sad. I do fire it up now and then because deep down I think I feel a bit guilty.......lol.

I haven't used a squonker for quite some time now... the Skyline with Bubble tank and my Billet Box's were just so much easier than the mess of the squonkers... and now I have found the Dvarw DL with 6ml of juice, really simple and fast refill, no mess, simple build and wick and outstanding flavour. I honestly haven't used anything other than the Dvarw since it arrived.

I hear you guys on the convenience of a good tank.

And tanks have improved a lot. A few years ago there was no comparison to a RDA. But now it's a different story.

Despite that I still can't get the same flavour or vape intensity for strong MTL tobaccoes on a tank like I get from my Reo/RM2.

For the strong MTL tobaccoes, the RM2 is richer, stronger, more direct and in my face. Hard to explain. Also the throat hit is much stronger on the stronger liquids. I find the tanks give a lower throat hit, more "distant" feeling and a bit of a diluted flavour for this type of vape. Probably just me - but that is what it is ;-)

And the squonking aspect makes it convenient

So I use both and will likely remain a squonker for a long time

89e5d26eb8259fba0ad75812dc9e51a6.jpg

Last edited:
I hear you guys on the convenience of a good tank.

And tanks have improved a lot. A few years ago there was no comparison to a RDA. But now it's a different story.

Despite that I still can't get the same flavour or vape intensity for strong MTL tobaccoes on a tank like I get from my Reo/RM2.

For the strong MTL tobaccoes, the RM2 is richer, stronger, more direct and in my face. Hard to explain. Also the throat hit is much stronger on the stronger liquids. I find the tanks give a lower throat hit, more "distant" feeling and a bit of a diluted flavour for this type of vape. Probably just me - but that is what it is ;-)

And the squonking aspect makes it convenient

So I use both and will likely remain a squonker for a long time

Agreed , not really a full tobacco juice but Good Boy is my goto tobacco and it used to shine in my RM2 (till the one screw post stripped :( )
I'm waiting for my Berserker RDA to resurrect my Reo :) , and I'll probably keep the Therion 75C BF to test this whole Replay function.

I have high expectations for the Dvarw though .....

Agreed , not really a full tobacco juice but Good Boy is my goto tobacco and it used to shine in my RM2 (till the one screw post stripped :( )
I'm waiting for my Berserker RDA to resurrect my Reo :) , and I'll probably keep the Therion 75C BF to test this whole Replay function.

I have high expectations for the Dvarw though .....

I hear you @Daniel

For me, the fruity menthols are superb in restricted lung hits. I could use the OL16 or Nuppin on the Reo and I have done so on numerous occasions - but I find the tanks do a great job for my palate for the fruity menthols. The BF RDAs are still good on fruity menthols and slightly better in some cases - but the difference to me is not that great. So the ability to have a press and vape solution with a good tank is more appealing.

But going back to the strong tobaccoes in MTL mode - well that for me is where my Reo shines very bright.

I hear you @Daniel

For me, the fruity menthols are superb in restricted lung hits. I could use the OL16 or Nuppin on the Reo and I have done so on numerous occasions - but I find the tanks do a great job for my palate for the fruity menthols. The BF RDAs are still good on fruity menthols and slightly better in some cases - but the difference to me is not that great. So the ability to have a press and vape solution with a good tank is more appealing.

But going back to the strong tobaccoes in MTL mode - well that for me is where my Reo shines very bright.

I also think it comes down to the testing and release of new juices , as uncle Rob said Red Pill shines in tanks/BBs but not in squonking.
Not sure what the juice makers test their tasting on , most likely tanks as that is what the masses use .... maybe squonking becoming more mainstream now they will cater for that ....

Back