WIN BIG!

Erica

Foggas Vape Shop
Supporting Vendor
LV

Awards
Competition Time!

All you have to do is tell us why you DIY in the comment section below! (or on our FB page) It's that easy!

Competition ends 6 July 2018
No under 18's allowed to enter
Winner to be announced 7 July 2018

Presentation1.jpg

-Endless flavour possibilities.
-Once you get a flavour just right, it feels like a new scientific discovery.
-when mixing it tends to keeps your mind off the usual day-to-day stresses.

I DIY because i can mix without cap supersweet, something a lot of commercial juices include which ruins the flavour imo.

Without DIY, it probably have been back on the stinkies.

I diy for the following reasons :
  • It is an escape from reality for a while where all that matters is getting it right and you feel like a super chemist.
  • Nothing tastes better than a juice you mixed yourself to suit your own tastes.
  • It is definately more cost effective.
  • More variety and new flavours galore on a daily basis.
  • Because I enjoy doing it I am ensuring that I will not relapse to the stinkies.

Cost effective
Customizable juices with flavours, nic and pg/vg, and volume.
Its a relaxing hobby that can keep you busy for hours mixing, looking for recipes and reading up.
You know what you put in the juice in terms of flavours and quality.

With DIY I can make my own custom or acclaimed international juice @home, day or night, @ a fraction of the cost in a safe, controlled environment.
As I am fully in control of the process, I can make a juice to the profile to my liking/preference in a couple of minutes. In addition, I can explore exotic flavors in small batches - if I don't like it, I can simply toss/piff it as the cost is low and therefore not a deterrent.
DIY also comes with the added advantage of an unlimited supply of juice at hand...no running to the shop at 20h00 to find that they are closed and having to settle for a dodgy from the local 7-11...
With relatively low set-up costs, DIY quickly pays for itself and can lead to a potential income stream by selling your creations to friends and families and potentially the world...

I'm a DL vaper so making my own stuff for DL vaping as most commercial juices are too strong for me. Plus side is it helps with my creativity, keeping me busy with new ideas.

It's also low cost for a restricted budget, consumables go a long way and that I know what is going into my juices. And you have more flavouring options on top of that.

- Much cheaper!
- Customise for my taste and get to play mad scientist with evil laugh when it works.
- Ability to make combinations not available commercially.

I DIY Because.....lets put this into perspective :)
  • It is way cheaper
  • There are thousands of tried and tested and excellent recipes
  • DIY supplies are easily available with many suppliers available
  • You can create and mix to your wildest imaginations, even though sometimes the juices comes out tasting likes @#$% LOL
  • Its super easy
  • Its relaxing as a hobby
  • Its Fun to do!
  • DIY juices taste just as good if not better than bought juices (T's & C's Apply lol)
  • Eliminates paying a big price tag for a juice that you end up not liking (Commercial juice) where as if it was mixed by DIY you dont lose too many pennies if it doesnt meet your taste requirements.
  • There is a HUGE DIY community which makes it awesome!
  • Trying to recreate or "Clone" popular juices makes it interesting.
  • You can PIF DIY juices more easily as they are cheap to make.
  • You have the option of making 2%, 3.5% or 4% MG juices where most commercial juices are only 0,3 and 6mg.
  • Most importantly, you end up having the option of having several different flavored juices at a fraction of the cost in stead of just vaping one flavor a month (Lol when you cannot afford to buy 10 bottles of juice a month)
  • Cause its a fun activity to sit and stare at your juices waiting patiently for them to steep.....NOT
  • The feeling you get when you vape your own juice and its perfect.....P R I C E L E S S

LOL okay went abit overboard, but this sums me up....

Last edited:
I diy because I can tweak a recipe to my liking,and it is cost effective if you control how you buy

For me, it comes down to the Three Cs:
  1. Cost: I mixed up a juice today with some sale flavours I bought recently. It cost me R9.83 for a 30ml. Can't beat that.
  2. Control: VG/PG ratio, nic strength, sweetness, flavour prominence, balance between top note and base, texture, juiciness level, the list goes on and on...
  3. Creativity: 300 different flavours and your imagination is a winning combo.

Takeaways is nice every now and then but generally I cook at home. Likewise with e-liquid. It's easy, cost effective and enjoyable. In addition, with all the DIY recipes out there I can explore what I like and not like without risking wasting the cost of store bought liquid if not to my taste.

That's it! Cheers!

I diy because it's a rabbit hole I got into early and can't get out.
Cost is a major factor cheaper than commercial juice.
I live in the middle of nowhere diy is the easiest option.
Creativity for me aswell if you can think it you can try and make it with diy.

I DIY because anybody can...:)
1st Cost saving
2nd Tailored flavoured recipes to suit my individual needs.
3rd High Nicotine Juices not readily available anymore.
4th Craziest combination of flavours to experiment on and the Eureka! moment when it works out.
5th Cost saved on commercial juices I can spend on hardware.

Last edited:
I diy because it's cheaper, more flavor possibilities. I can also mix to my taste and requirements. It's also fun as hell trying to develop and tweak a recipe with friends and the forum/community!

I DIY because of cost - I could never afford to buy the amount of juice I go through! All my juices are tailored to my specific taste which I am told is wierd. DIY is a lot of fun and creating a flavour that is perfect for you is immensely satisfying

Back