Wismec Theorem RTA

I set the VGOD/Theorem aside on my desk some hours ago, was involved with other things elsewhere. Came back to find joose everywhere and it's tank pretty much empty. No idea why/where it leaked out from, and don't care. This RTA is in the atty rack out of service. I am tired of screwing around with gear that is problematic. Seems to be a trend with tanks for the reg mods during the short time I have been involved with them.

The Reos are calling my name even louder now than they have been ever since I wandered into the reg mods. I'm sure you've heard of them... the no fuss, no muss, KISS gear that I can count on every time I pick them up. :)

We all want to write up how fabulous our new gear is and how amazing we feel that we have bought the latest and greatest

Its never nice to report back on the negative aspects

i appreciate your efforts and feedback @Spydro and @Rob Fisher
The negative feedback is extremely helpful in situations like these.

Bugger, I am now sitting with a serious case of buyers remorse. Theorem already on route to me and these reviews make me want to sell it without even opening it :(
If a dual coil build doesn't rescue the Theorem then I'm driving to Westville and it can join @Rob Fisher collection of crappy atty's at the bottom of the gorge.

I set the VGOD/Theorem aside on my desk some hours ago, was involved with other things elsewhere. Came back to find joose everywhere and it's tank pretty much empty. No idea why/where it leaked out from, and don't care. This RTA is in the atty rack out of service. I am tired of screwing around with gear that is problematic. Seems to be a trend with tanks for the reg mods during the short time I have been involved with them.

The Reos are calling my name even louder now than they have been ever since I wandered into the reg mods. I'm sure you've heard of them... the no fuss, no muss, KISS gear that I can count on every time I pick them up. :)
Yup that will happen when going for the latest and greatest as opposed to something with a solid track record. I hear lots of trouble with the chips on the Snow Wolves too.

If one has a perfect setup, be it your Reos or my regs and drippers (tanks... MEH what a waste of juice) one is not going to find a better experience.

Spending money from there on is simply supporting a good industry and having fun IMO. Not to be taken seriously.

I have been convinced enough now to invest in a top quality squonker. I will buy local though. Some gorgeous mods made right here I hope you have popped past the JB Squonker thread...

Yup that will happen when going for the latest and greatest as opposed to something with a solid track record. I hear lots of trouble with the chips on the Snow Wolves too.

That surprises me... I have had and do have a few Snow Wolf's... never had a seconds issue with anyone of them? Touch Wood.

I had high hopes for this tank and even went out and purchased a Haze dripper tank to see how these Genii style tanks work and see if their any good.
I fell in love with the Haze, best flavour atty in my collection so far, and based on this I pre-ordered a Theorem.
Unless this Theorem is a flavour beast then I don't want it, I'll just stick with my Haze thank you..

That surprises me... I have had and do have a few Snow Wolf's... never had a seconds issue with anyone of them? Touch Wood.
I was talking to the one guy at Vape Cartel in Cape Town yesterday. We BOTH still want a Snow Wolf soooo badly. Best looking reg mod in my books. Absolutely gorgeous. A few dodgy chips be damned. I am seeing a good track record around these parts.

If my tank goes away because I deem it junk, it will NOT be sold to someone else, it will be tossed in the trash. That's the way I roll.

Took the time to check out the leak issues with the tank finally. Found the glass had chipped and cracked on the bottom out of sight with the SS sleeve hiding it. Probably from my not supporting it well enough when trying to get a stuck top cap off to refill, an issue if the tank gets hot. So with three glass tanks to start after the SS sleeve glue melted and it fell off, still have two that are intact. I think like @Rob Fisher it'll stay in the atty rack for now to test liquids in because it is so easy to rewick, and with the right air for the build it is a flavor tank. The condensed vapor seepage from the cap air port while a PITA is not a serious leak.

Mine hasn't leaked at all and the flavour is brilliant... but the tank is way too small and a PITA to fill.

Mine hasn't leaked at all and the flavour is brilliant... but the tank is way too small and a PITA to fill.

Agree with the RPITA to refill if the top cap is stuck. My refill bottles can reach the fill hole, so not an issue for me. The tank capacity not a problem for me because I rarely take the reg mods out and about (that's what some of my Reos are for).

Have only had mine for a couple of hours.

Using the notch coils at the moment and I am super impressed.

Filling is easy when using the right bottle/dropper.

Flavour is off the charts!

Will be taking it out and about me tomorrow to see how easy it is to live with.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

Have only had mine for a couple of hours.

Using the notch coils at the moment and I am super impressed.

Filling is easy when using the right bottle/dropper.

Flavour is off the charts!

Will be taking it out and about me tomorrow to see how easy it is to live with.

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

@Yiannaki Lives! Nice to hear your thoughts from a true pro :)

My Theorem arrived in the sticks at last. Single contact coiled it with 26 g SS304 (8 wraps) on a 2.5 mm ID to 0.46 ohms. Wicked with Cotton Bacon V2, thinned out the tails below the shoulders of the wick. Had no trouble filling it with a dropper. Using only the top air flow.

Vaping at 40W and 260 C at the moment. Flavour is brilliant.

qdI3EDV.jpg

Last edited:
Yep, have to say the Theorem is an excellent atty, once you replace the notch coil with your own. Gotta say tho that that notch coil is a pretty revolutionary idea for vaping, hope to see more development with those. I'm using a clapton in mine and have to say the flavor is just excellent! Using the dual airflow ring and not having any problem with heat buildup. Using a glass dripper to fill is not a problem, glad I got it! PS Wismec: Larger capacity next time!

Last edited:
Starting to look like QC is a little uneven with these. Some fails and some winners.

I'm getting excellent flavour and no leaks (but mine is never on it's side for more than a few minutes at a time) or issues with droppers. I've taken it to the office (and to building sites) every day this past week and it's behaved, other than having to refill before and after a 3 minute drive! Anyway, Reo Grands are more appropriate mods for building sites and long days I suppose and thankfully that check-box has been ticked for the past 14 months.

For me, the steel tank and the notch coil have been slightly disappointing. But the tank's been good enough to want to get rid of a few RTA's which are a PITA to build/wick by comparison. Still enjoy the Avocado and that one isn't going anywhere either.

My Theorem arrived in the sticks at last. Single coiled it with 26 g SS304 (8 wraps) on a 2.5 mm ID to 0.46 ohms. Wicked with Cotton Bacon V2, thinned out the tails below the shoulders of the wick. Had no trouble filling it with a dropper. Using only the top air flow.

Vaping at 40W and 260 C at the moment. Flavour is brilliant.
@Andre I'm going to try your build today (prob not in TC though - I haven't warmed up to it yet). Did you go with a spaced or contact coil?
Edit: similar build, I don't have any 304 so will go with 316

@Andre I'm going to try your build today (prob not in TC though - I haven't warmed up to it yet). Did you go with a spaced or contact coil?
Edit: similar build, I don't have any 304 so will go with 316
Always contact, I have not yet warmed up to spaced coils.

Back