Woodvils 2015

@johan is 100% correct.
Finding pure Tung Oil in SA is difficult and if you want some I'll dig out a manufacturers details for you,I don't use it because of the drying times involved and you have to apply it very correctly,I prefer pure Danish Oil.
I wouldn't (wax) polish an oil finished Reo but thats just because of personal preference and you should bear in mind that if you polish it with a wax thereafter its not worth trying to use an oil again unless you get all the wax off/out of the wood.
Heres a link where the man himself advocates oil onlyhttps://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/oil-vs-poly-lacquer-finish-on-woodvils.350814/
Thanks.
Tung Oil, Danish Oil, or sorts of oil available here, but no mineral oil.

There will be two more 2015 Woodvils appearing tomorrow! They are on their way as we speak via Courier! And they are both stunning! And I'm referring to the woodvils and not the recipients... the recipients are good guys but I wouldn't say they are stunning! :*

I see you're up early too Uncle Rob :p

I see you're up early too Uncle Rob :p

Yip nose was blocked with blood and stuff... and I needed to get my body upright... now that I'm up and done a bit of gentle nose blowing I'm feeling much better! I can always have a another sleep later!

Why are you up so early? Planing on going out to protect and serve?

Yes sir. Almost getting ready for work. Been up since 3. Had to go to bed early last night due to loadshedding at 8pm.

Birchwood Casey sell some nice producta for wood finishing and maintenance too. Most gun shops stock it for rifle stocks and the finish looks great. Might be worth some research.

Yes sir. Almost getting ready for work. Been up since 3. Had to go to bed early last night due to loadshedding at 8pm.

Big respect for you and what you do for us @zadiac !

I saw it before on the forum but cant find it again. Where is a video that explain how to use the new 510 connector?

Your Woodvil door is too tight from moisture.

From the modmaster:

If your door is tight here is a simple fix . Take a little at a time and check to make sure you haven't removed to much wood . Make sure you hold the door at the same angle on the door.

Mine is also very tight, but I like it, so I know it will never fall out (like the Grand's door has done a few times...lol)

As a wood lover, at the time the 2015 Woodvil's were my favorite Reos. But I like the P67's better in use. Unfortunately I seldom use any of my Woodvil's anymore. The P67's and a couple of the other Reos get used more.

woodx4x4s.jpg

Been a long time since I had a Woodvil in my paw... and coupled with a Haku Venna it's a winner as always!
Woodvil 004.JPG Woodvil 005.JPG

Ooh that's lovely Rob!
Great to see the woodvil out again!!

Back