Worst buys of 2017!!!

Kangertech Five 6

Nice idea being able to fire how many of the coils in the head you want and can run on 5 Samsung 30Q's 15,000mAh making it a great capacity desktop device + power bank.

Problem the technology means the tank and device need each other so lack of compatibility and coil heads £5 each quickly brought on a very premature retirement.

Mr Fluff cotton... luckily it is well priced but damn just could not get rid of dry hits (more than likely my fault) ... maybe for dripping it’ll work but anything else I would rather use it to soak up juice spills

Last edited:
For me it has to be the entheon. Not my style of vaping I guess

Entheon RDA- big disappointment and it was pricey too

Wismec preditor...Bought it at the vape fest and showed low atomiser 3-4 months later

KUI BF MOD biggest POS ever made. Lost over 45k on them. Eventually gave them away.
Vaporesso Target Mod ( Soo many returns )

( Not of 2017 but of all time for me )

Kylin RTA - This leaking issue drove me crazy from day one.

Big Baby Best RBA - Absolute POS from day one. This RBA gives an atomizer short error and has a machined press fit base. I cannot believe how such rubbish is released to consumers.

I did fix both of the above after after alot of wasted juice, blood, sweat and tears.

Worst buy has to be the Govad RDA and Goon LP. I even bought a Smok Alien but it never gave me any hassles so I can't complain.

KUI BF MOD biggest POS ever made. Lost over 45k on them. Eventually gave them away.
Vaporesso Target Mod ( Soo many returns )

( Not of 2017 but of all time for me )

I got a KUI for really cheap, couldn't get it firing at first and the RDA doesn't sit flush on the 510 connector. Thinking of transplanting the parts into a 3D Printed case.

Worst purchase for me this year so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not vape related, but ANY Mr Price t-shirt. After one one wash it turns from a nice sitting T into a boob tube. Great if you have a C Cup, not so great if you are a man and buying bread and milk at the local Spar

Kylin RTA - This leaking issue drove me crazy from day one.

Big Baby Best RBA - Absolute POS from day one. This RBA gives an atomizer short error and has a machined press fit base. I cannot believe how such rubbish is released to consumers.

I did fix both of the above after after alot of wasted juice, blood, sweat and tears.
I have to say the Voo Poo Drag,Snow wolf 200 plus and the Alien mods.Loved all for the time I used them and they were great when working but they all crapped the bed on me.3 more expensive paper weights.

I was fortunate so far as to only have a few duds since i have the habit of doing extensive research beforehand but the following impulse/hype purchases bit me in the arse. :)

1) Predator regulated squonker
2) All Vandy Vape products
3) Pharoah RTA
4) Kylin RTA

Ijoy Tornado Hero - flawed and faulty tank by design.
OBS Engine - Overrated tank with poor flavor and build quality.

Native Wicks Cotton

Dead Rabbit as an RDA - Not a bad RDA just overrated. I was disappointed.

Paulies Coffee Cake and entire Ruthless range. Not bad juice, they are just overrated/overhyped.

Last edited:
Berserker RTA - thought it was going to be a MTL game changer... now I'm waiting for my Digiflavor Siren 2 22mm to arrive from China

Got a Limitless 22mm RDA last week, used it for two days and switched back to my Goon.
Probably the worst thing I've bought this year.

I'm sure it's great for other people, but that 3-post build deck is horrible.
Also the flavor isn't as great as the wasp.

Maybe I shouldn't be comparing it to the wasp, but it's the only other 22mm RDA I have.

Was lucky not to buy any expensive duds

Duds were mostly concentrates

Bought 5 mods and 4 atties, wich 3 & 3 respectively are still with me, everything sold was a duplicate or replaced by a favored model

I see a fair amount of people who disliked the Entheon, as someone who used a Hadley exclusively for over 6 months, its exactly what I was looking for, with that said I reeeally miss my Hadaly, and will always regret selling it, was a game changer for me, I dont miss the wet spots on my pockets though!

Paulies Coffee Cake and entire Ruthless range. Not bad juice, they are just overrated/overhyped.

Don’t know what Ruthless range is like, but I agree with you, Paulies is overrated.

@Carnival and @CMMACKEM

I agree about Paulies Coffee Cake. It's pleasant and not sweet, which I like, but the coffee taste could be stronger. Perhaps I'll buy some coffee concentrate and add it! It's strange that it's somewhat disappointing though, as it was one of the winners of the 2016 Bakery Award.

@Carnival and @CMMACKEM

I agree about Paulies Coffee Cake. It's pleasant and not sweet, which I like, but the coffee taste could be stronger. Perhaps I'll buy some coffee concentrate and add it! It's strange that it's somewhat disappointing though, as it was one of the winners of the 2016 Bakery Award.

I found that for the coffee to shine you need to up the wattage quite a bit with fancy coils

@Hooked good idea! Let us know how that goes, adding coffee concentrate to it if you do decide to try that out. I love coffee flavours, but the coffee taste needs to be rich and prominent for me.

Back