Yiannaki's Tastebox Adventures

1.8% = 18mg

via Tapatalk
Woopsie. Make sense now :p I feel dumb for not knowing that :p
Ditto! I have had mine for a week and a bit now... just don't want to spoil the effect because I hear it needs a week or two to steep... so I'll hang on for another few days!
Rob, please share your thoughts once you do give it a good go!

Morning @BumbleBee. No offense taken on my grape, but I must admit I am glad they taste like NEW takkies and not OLD takkies - now that would have been insulting :-D
I had a juice once that tasted like old takkies, really really old! :lipssealed:

I don't know what it is with me, I really wanted to like a grape vape as I love grape flavoured stuff but every one I've tried so far has the same taste to it, some more than others... kinda reminds me of walking into a sporting goods store :(

Smell associations can be terrible. I have it with the smell of coffee (vaping coffee). I got a tummy bug while vaping coffee and now when I smell it I just feel ill.....and I have the same problem. I love my coffee and really want to vape it.

Smell associations can be terrible. I have it with the smell of coffee (vaping coffee). I got a tummy bug while vaping coffee and now when I smell it I just feel ill.....and I have the same problem. I love my coffee and really want to vape it.
Oh no! Not coffee!

image.jpg

Ditto! I have had mine for a week and a bit now... just don't want to spoil the effect because I hear it needs a week or two to steep... so I'll hang on for another few days!
I have struggled to wait and have vaped it a few times now and keep sneaking another and another little nip. It is delicious and smooth and spot on condensed milk yet is not sickly. I can definately see this as an ADV for lovers of sweeter juice. It also mixes well with other juices and tones down any sharp notes as I discovered when I accidentally mixed it with Mango. Have had to order more.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Just an update,

I haven't had a chance to taste any new flavours today, as im at work :p

I will however get back into things later this evening.

Stay tuned! :D

Company: Lekka Vapors
Product: Peach & Apricot
8ygyny3a.jpg

Mod: Reo Grand
Atomiser: RM2
Coil Resistance: 0.61
Wicking Material: Cotton
Strength: 9mg

Reviewer Notes:

I'm not gonna lie, I had high hopes for this juice. It smelt simply awesome in the bottle and after trying elvis's breakfast, I had great expectations for my second ever Lekka Vapors juice.

To me, this liquid lacked any real sort of flavour. I was getting more of an apricot taste on the exhale but it was so feint, I had to really focus on what I was tasting. The taste that was coming through felt rather bland, flat and unspectacular.

I was left unsatisfied with this liquid and a little disappointed.

Overall rating: Blech

Similar to: Nothing I know of.

Edit: According to @Tristan this juice is ideal with a higher resistance coil, or between 7- 14 watts.

Last edited:
Thanks for your honest views @Yiannaki
0.61 ohms is however a pretty powerful setup (around 29 watts)
Many say that the fruity flavours are better at lower power and the tobaccoes at higher power.
I vape these sort of fruity juices at about 1.2 ohms.
Just saying

@Tristan, do you have any views on the ideal power ranges for your juices?

Thanks for your honest views @Yiannaki
0.61 ohms is however a pretty powerful setup (around 29 watts)
Many say that the fruity flavours are better at lower power and the tobaccoes at higher power.
I vape these sort of fruity juices at about 1.2 ohms.
Just saying

@Tristan, do you have any views on the ideal power ranges for your juices?

Thanks for your input @Silver, i will most certainly recoil this evening and give this one another try!

Not necessary @Yiannaki , only if you want to
You did share what resistance you were using, so your impressions add value

The Tastebox adventure continues :D

Got a little side tracked but I've been sampling juices and taking notes!

Now it's a matter of transferring those notes onto here :D

Company: Eciggies
Product Name: Toro Rouge
da5y8yse.jpg

Coil Resistance: 0.67
Wicking Material: Rayon
Strength: 1.8 % (that's what the bottle said. Not sure what this translates to in mg)

Reviewer Notes:

I wasn't impressed with this flavour at all to be blunt.

I would get a slight red bull taste on exhale which quickly disappeared and I was left tasting something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

An artificial, unidentifiable taste lingers as the after taste.

Similar to: Not too sure.

Personally I really like their Black Cherry juice - should give that one a try when you get a chance to (I myself love the fruity flavours). Loving the reviews! (Especially like the Reviewer's Notes, Overall Rating and Similar To sections you add with each review, A+ reviews :rock:)

Personally I really like their Black Cherry juice - should give that one a try when you get a chance to (I myself love the fruity flavours). Loving the reviews! (Especially like the Reviewer's Notes, Overall Rating and Similar To sections you add with each review, A+ reviews :rock:)
Well if it isn't the resident battery guru :D :rock:

Thanks a lot bro!

I will most definitely give the black cherry juice a go. Sounds interesting :D

Thanks @Yiannaki , for taking the time to do a review of our Peach n Apricot blend. The flavour is best experienced at a Power range of 7w to 14w. A 1.6 ohm coil should give you a better taste, imo, as this is my favourite coil resistance (for flavour and clouds), in the Russian:)

Thanks @Yiannaki , for taking the time to do a review of our Peach n Apricot blend. The flavour is best experienced at a Power range of 7w to 14w. A 1.6 ohm coil should give you a better taste, imo, as this is my favourite coil resistance (for flavour and clouds), in the Russian:)
Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look at the review @Tristan and to give input into the ideal power to vape it at. Clearly at 0.67 ohms I was most probably scorching the juice!

I will most certainly give it another go when I build a new coil and update my experience accordingly.

I just assumed it would be like Elvis's Breakfast and get even better at higher power levels :rock:

Sorry for the delay :p

As mentioned in my previous post, I've been sampling and using the notebook in the Tastebox to write down my thoughts etc :p

Company: Liqua
Product Name: Bright Tobacco
3ff0eca12d729ac5df6bf9a713f51498.jpg

Coil Resistance: 0.67
Wicking Material: Cotton
Strength: 18mg

Reviewer Notes:

I know I spoke about this in the review of the Witchers Brew : Devil's Cut, but to anyone who missed it, I'm not a tobacco juice guy, but I am vaping the tobacco juices with an open mind :D

Random note: the colour of the liquid is what made me choose to vape it. I always assumed all tobacco liquids would be dark :p I was fascinated by this lightly coloured tobacco liquid.

Having never vaped Liqua before I was a little apprehensive as I've read it's quite PG heavy. I personally didn't pick this up at all while vaping this juice.

In regards to the taste, to me it can be described as a sweetish, Virginian style tobacco. The sweetness is very subtle, and it's not overpowering by any means.

To me this juice shined the most on exhale, the flavour during exhale was good, the sweet tobacco had an almost 'toasted' element about it. (It reminded me a bit of the twisp toasted tobacco)

However, things go very south in the after taste. I wasn't getting any of the flavour i was tasting on exhale. I felt like I was tasting a very unnatural, artifical flavour which I'm struggling to describe. Needless to say, this ruins the whole juice for me as I'm sure it would for others.

Similar to: Twisp Toasted Tobacco (only not as nice)

Avoid if: Tobacco isn't your thing

So the tastebox is now on its way to the next member.

I would just like to say a big thank you for it having been sent my way.

I did manage to try all the juices in the box, but unfortunately couldn't find the time to give reviews to all of them :(

If there is one thing this box has taught me is to be more open to tobacco flavours. They were something i was never too keen on but now im starting to appreciate them.

A big thank you to @thekeeperza for organizing everything and doing a great job. :rock:

Back