Yiannaki's Tastebox Adventures

Yiannaki

Vaping Addict
VIP
LV

Awards
Soooooo....

The Tastebox has arrived :D

I feel like I have a little piece of SA vaping culture with me. I love how this box symbolises our shared passion for vaping and I'm glad to be a part of it :D

Here is the box in the flesh, alongside Eva (my LP Reo grand) who will be the judge on the liquids :p

8e8y9aga.jpg

Now where do I start? :p

First up on the chopping block!

Company: Witchers Brew
Product Name: Devil's Cut
y5evane9.jpg

Mod: Reo Grand
Atomiser: RM2
Coil Resistance: 0.67
Wicking Material: Rayon
Strength: 18mg

Reviewer Notes:
Let me start off by saying, I'm not usually a tobacco kind of guy. I stick to my desert vapes and fruity vapes.

The first thing that hits you with this juice is a unmistakeable, distinct and complex tobacco flavour. At first I was convinced this wasn't for me, but I pressed on.

Once my palette had adjusted I started to pick up a hints of a banana, maple taste with a slight sweetness on exhale.

The tobacco I was tasting previously also had a toasted-ness about it, which lingered in the aftertaste.

For those seeking some throat hit, I would say that this juice has a medium throat it. You definitely feel it but it doesn't bash your throat.

Overall I would say this is a good juice for those who aren't even inclined toward tobacco style vapes and I'm sure those who love their tobaccos would go wild for this. If you're in the market for a complex, toasted tobacco style vape, give this a try.

Overall rating: Nom!

Similar to: Nothing I've tasted before

Avoid if: Don't avoid it, definitely give it a try.

Thanks for the encouragement guys ; D

Next up!

Company: Vapour Mountain
Product Name: Orange
yzybu3a7.jpg

Strength: 9mg

Reviewer Notes:

This is a purely orange vape through and through. It has a citrus tangyness that comes through on the inhale. On the exhale, you're greeted by a smooth, tangy and very natural orange flavour. I wouldn't describe it as sweet at all. That tangyness stays on the tongue during exhale.

There's not much more to say here except this juice is really good. It would be perfect for those looking for simple, smooth flavour to keep them going throughout the day. It's not going to be the juice that is going to get everyone talking about it but it's the one that you pop in, vape and know it won't disappoint.

I love my throat hit and at 9mg it was non existent. Would love to try some in 18mg.

Overall rating: Nom!

Similar to: JustB Naartjie

Avoid if: You hate all things citrus.

Lovely @Yiannaki
This is great, keep it up! You are doing superbly.
Also intriguing because we dont know whats next!

Sticking with the VM theme...

Company: Vapour Mountain
Product Name: Passion Peach
a5ezerub.jpg

Strength: 6mg

Reviewer Notes:

This is the perfect vape for a hot summers day! Relaxing by the pool, drinking a cocktail with some VM passion peach loaded up.

If I could describe this liquid in one word, it would be juicy. On the exhale I'm getting a wonderful, sweet grandilla flavour. It's got a juice like sugary sweetness that feels just right.

On the aftertaste is where the peach comes into play. In contrast to that sugary sweetness, the peach is far more neutral and composed. It's flavour is not as strong as the grandilla exhale but a great mellow ending to end the taste experience.

At 6mg, throat hit was absent once again. I will most certainly be ordering this in 18mg.

For me, this is undoubtedly bottle worthy for the reo!

Overall rating: Nom nom nom!

Similar to: I'm not really sure :p

Avoid if: sweetness, grandilla and peach aren't your thing.

Company: Eciggies
Product Name: Toro Rouge
da5y8yse.jpg

Strength: 1.8 % (that's what the bottle said. Not sure what this translates to in mg)

Reviewer Notes:

I wasn't impressed with this flavour at all to be blunt.

I would get a slight red bull taste on exhale which quickly disappeared and I was left tasting something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

An artificial, unidentifiable taste lingers as the after taste.

Overall rating: Blech

Similar to: Not too sure.

Company: Heavenly E Liquid
Product: Strawberry Banana
he5eqete.jpg

Strength: 9mg

Reviewer Notes:

I had to drip this quite a bit to make my mind up on it.

Im usually a sucker for all banana flavoured things, be it: milkshakes, sweets, vapes.

I would say that the taste of this juice is reminiscent of a banana candy. Even though the bottle reads strawberry banana, I didn't taste any strawberry at all.

The banana is the key flavour in both the exhale as well as the aftertaste. My best description would be the banana candy I mentioned earlier on. It's taste is very sweet, artificial in a way. It reminds me of something I tasted when I was a kid.

The flavour is not particularly great, but it's not ugly by any means. It just doesn't ignite my taste buds, and I can think of a million other things I would vape before this.

Overall rating: Semi nom

Similar to: Banana sweets

Avoid if: Banana sweets, and candy like flavours aren't your thing.

Awesome reviews. That is one mean taste box.

I was getting a whole bag of mix tastes now when going back to my strawnilla so I've rebuilt.

0.8 x 0.1 mm ribbon, 2mm Ewokfur, ugly coil. 0.83 ohms

Tomorrow's flavours will be sampled on this setup.

Great reviews @Yiannaki , VM Orange is going on my to do list. I'm not a big citrus fan but I've found that it's best to try everything and this one is speaking to me.

I also knew that I wasn't going to like banana vapes as I despise banana flavoured stuff until I had the opportunity to try some, if you haven't yet tried Lekka Vapours Elvis' Breakfast then do yourself a favour and buy some.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread... you may continue ;)

Great reviews @Yiannaki , VM Orange is going on my to do list. I'm not a big citrus fan but I've found that it's best to try everything and this one is speaking to me.

I also knew that I wasn't going to like banana vapes as I despise banana flavoured stuff until I had the opportunity to try some, if you haven't yet tried Lekka Vapours Elvis' Breakfast then do yourself a favour and buy some.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack your thread... you may continue ;)
Thanks mate :D

You're definitely not high jacking this thread. I want it to be a conversation and not a monologue :p So member input is encouraged!

I hear you on the elvis's breakfast. It is delicious!! It's definitely on my all time top 10 flavours. I just need it in 18mg :p

If you're feeling adventurous for some citrus style juices, Just B's Naartjie and Maartjie are a must!

If you're feeling adventurous for some citrus style juices, Just B's Naartjie and Maartjie are a must!

John I'll send you a bottle of @Just B Maartjie with you parcel that should head your way this coming week. I liked it but I have realised that I will probably only ever Vape my Menthol Ice so you can have mine!

John I'll send you a bottle of @Just B Maartjie with you parcel that should head your way this coming week. I liked it but I have realised that I will probably only ever Vape my Menthol Ice so you can have mine!
Wow!! Thanks so much @Rob Fisher that's super kind of you.

I can't say no to some Maartjie :rock:

Thanks a mil! :D

Definitely @Yiannaki , @Just B naartjie is also on my list, along with just about every other flavour in her line ;) except grape, to me it tastes like new takkies, sorry B, no offence intended.

Definitely @Yiannaki , @Just B naartjie is also on my list, along with just about every other flavour in her line ;) except grape, to me it tastes like new takkies, sorry B, no offence intended.
Lol. Noted. I'll stick to buying new takkies and not vape them :p

Speaking of @JustB I think it's time the condensed milk comes out of its dark corner and into the reo :rock:

Company: Eciggies
Product Name: Toro Rouge
da5y8yse.jpg

Strength: 1.8 % (that's what the bottle said. Not sure what this translates to in mg)

Reviewer Notes:

I wasn't impressed with this flavour at all to be blunt.

I would get a slight red bull taste on exhale which quickly disappeared and I was left tasting something I couldn't quite put my finger on.

An artificial, unidentifiable taste lingers as the after taste.

Overall rating: Blech

Similar to: Not too sure.
1.8% = 18mg

via Tapatalk

Speaking of @JustB I think it's time the condensed milk comes out of its dark corner and into the reo :rock:

Ditto! I have had mine for a week and a bit now... just don't want to spoil the effect because I hear it needs a week or two to steep... so I'll hang on for another few days!

Back