Yihi SX Mini M-Class....With Temperature Limiting

Does it now have a Titanium mode, @Yiannaki?
No. I think this first release was to deal with issues reviewers had. Power and titanium mode were not a problem, but I think the next firmware will most probably address this as competition heats up

A question to all the temperature vapers. What gauge Nickel wire do you use? Have read something about tempered Nickel wire. Is that the same as the Nickel 200 wire? @capetocuba et al.

@Andre

I used the ni200 from vapowire. I move around from 28g and 26g.

I am not too familiar with the tempered nickel wire to be honest.

I'm using 26g tempered wire from the UK. Much easier to work with. Not so soft, but still not as hard as kathal. Have gauges from 25 to 30! :D

is this the new or old version ? when i power on while inserting the battery it says v1.4 but on the pc software it says v2.4

Attachments

• upload_2015-6-13_12-42-47.png
    upload_2015-6-13_12-42-47.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
@shabbar and other owners, this is what I did:

1. Download SXI driver.
2. Download 120W v2.2 update
3. Install SXI software
4. Plug SX Mini in and switch on the Link functionality (The SX will go dead at this point)
5. Your machine will try and install the driver from Windows update. disconnect from the internet, and wait for the machine to say it failed to install the driver.
6. Fire up SXI and click on "Connection".
7. Click "Install Driver", and go through the steps to install. It will say success if it was installed correctly.
8. Click on "Connect". Here it should give you green coloured "Connected" text.
9. Go back and click on "Upgrade".
10. Open the 120W SXI file and click on upgrade.

Once done unplug the SX Mini, remove the battery and put it back ... device upgraded and rebooted.

QED :)

@shabbar and other owners, this is what I did:

1. Download SXI driver.
2. Download 120W v2.2 update
3. Install SXI software
4. Plug SX Mini in and switch on the Link functionality (The SX will go dead at this point)
5. Your machine will try and install the driver from Windows update. disconnect from the internet, and wait for the machine to say it failed to install the driver.
6. Fire up SXI and click on "Connection".
7. Click "Install Driver", and go through the steps to install. It will say success if it was installed correctly.
8. Click on "Connect". Here it should give you green coloured "Connected" text.
9. Go back and click on "Upgrade".
10. Open the 120W SXI file and click on upgrade.

Once done unplug the SX Mini, remove the battery and put it back ... device upgraded and rebooted.

QED :)

Will try again later and report back

I installed the sx driver from there website as per pbsuardo and tried all the update files. None of them work

I installed the sx driver from there website as per pbsuardo and tried all the update files. None of them work
Eish man, I don't know ... I didn't watch his video. Just did the steps above and it worked first time

Where did you get the sxi driver and the update from then?

And I didn't install the driver from sxi software I plugged in the sx mini fired up SXI clicked on connect it connected went to upgrade selected the 120w upgrade that I downloaded and extracted and that's when the error comes up

And I didn't install the driver from sxi software I plugged in the sx mini fired up SXI clicked on connect it connected went to upgrade selected the 120w upgrade that I downloaded and extracted and that's when the error comes up
I think the actual driver is the issue. Your machine might have found a driver for something that seems similar to the SX Mini to Windows, and installed that.

I think the actual driver is the issue. Your machine might have found a driver for something that seems similar to the SX Mini to Windows, and installed that.

it was the driver ... i should have just installed it first time round .

update worked , thank you.

have you used it in temp mode as yet ?

how are you liking the sx so far ?

Back