Yihi SX Mini M-Class....With Temperature Limiting

Jip. Been running a ST Mini with Nickel coils, 30J and 200 Degrees Celsius. Loving it. The form factor is perfect.

So, as above, this is what I've been running since Saturday, with the Lemo 2 inbetween. The Lemo 2 gives much better flavour than the ST Mini, but I know this, as I've seen this since using the normal OCCs in the ST Mini.

BUT, now I am bored :) @Philip Dunkley and I had a quick discussion about this on Saturday when I picked up my SX Mini ... I am missing the hit I get from the Goblin for instance at 25W.

Now there are a number of people, like myself, with new Temp control devices, and with the eVic VT incoming, there are going to be quite a lot more, and questions are going to pop up all over the show. My question is for the guys who have been running temp sensing for quite some time now: @Yiannaki @Paulie @Rob Fisher @Philip Dunkley to understand it a bit better.

I used to run 25W 350 Deg Fahrenheit or 30W 400 Deg Fahrenheit on the M80, or plain straight forward 25W on the M65 (and even now on the SX Mini in Power mode). I am trying to get to the same kind of vape as above, on the SX Mini using temp control, so how does one do this? Do you increase the Joules or temp, or both? Oh, the ST Mini and Lemo 2 are both running at 0.12Ohm.

Ta Boys!

So, as above, this is what I've been running since Saturday, with the Lemo 2 inbetween. The Lemo 2 gives much better flavour than the ST Mini, but I know this, as I've seen this since using the normal OCCs in the ST Mini.

BUT, now I am bored :) @Philip Dunkley and I had a quick discussion about this on Saturday when I picked up my SX Mini ... I am missing the hit I get from the Goblin for instance at 25W.

Now there are a number of people, like myself, with new Temp control devices, and with the eVic VT incoming, there are going to be quite a lot more, and questions are going to pop up all over the show. My question is for the guys who have been running temp sensing for quite some time now: @Yiannaki @Paulie @Rob Fisher @Philip Dunkley to understand it a bit better.

I used to run 25W 350 Deg Fahrenheit or 30W 400 Deg Fahrenheit on the M80, or plain straight forward 25W on the M65 (and even now on the SX Mini in Power mode). I am trying to get to the same kind of vape as above, on the SX Mini using temp control, so how does one do this? Do you increase the Joules or temp, or both? Oh, the ST Mini and Lemo 2 are both running at 0.12Ohm.

Ta Boys!

Henri, firstly don't forget that you can build lower on your SX mini than some other TS mods.

To get this "more intense hit" you seek i would advise doing one of the following if not both.

A- pick up some 26G nickel. I found the 26G builds to like more power and give a more intense hit. 8/9 wraps on a 2.5 ID works well for this.

B - Throw in a twisted 28g nickel build. This for me, works incredibly well. The flavour is superb and the vapor is dense. It also packs a punch!

On the SX i usually set my temp to around 440F and then just adjust the Joules as needed. The 26g build i run between 20 - 27 joules and the twisted build i run between 25 - 38 joules depending on my mood.

With regard to the different power modes. I was not really happy with the powerful and powerful + modes and could not see an advantage to using them. Perhaps they are better suited for kanthal builds. I stick with the standard mode for nickel.

Hope this helps :)

PS : both of the above builds are better suited to the Lemo 2, as its deck is more spacious than the subtank RBA.

On my subtank I am running a 28g build. 2.5 ID. 7 Wraps around 450F between 22 - 26W on the shark.

Thanks @Yiannaki. @Philip Dunkley also gave me a call after I posted.
I have it on 30J 250 Deg Celsius for the ST Mini now (commercial TSC), with the airflow closed up a bit ... much better flavour. I ordered some Nickel from @KieranD as I reckon I need to play around a bit with the different builds. And also the comparison with the incoming Shark will be quite interesting :)

@LandyMan My SX with Taifun GT 2 is set to 19 Joules on a 0,18Ω single coil 200 degrees C and the vape is very similar to my vape on a REO with 1,2Ω coil. Hope this helps?

Back