You Know You're A Vaper When...

You see the description of a scent and think that would be a good juice! And the funny thing is that I'm currently vaping Cosmic Fog - Sonset (pears, creme brulee and salted caramel). All matchy-matchy!

View attachment 130650

Today I popped into a supermarket to get some groceries and I noticed a Orange and Almond Nougat bar. Got me thinking, 2% FW Blood Orange, 0.5 INW shisha orange, 1% FA Torrone, 2% CAP Van Custard or Bavarian cream, 4% TFA or FW Almond....

Wife is a bit angry that I forgot half the groceries, but I have a new recipe to try over the weekend.

I'm waiting for you to make us a great coffee juice @Hooked !!!!!!
:D

I'm also waiting @Silver! Seriously though, when I do start real DIY i.e. not one-shots, coffee is what I'll concentrate on. Who knows, I might even launch my own range. I already have a name for it - just got to make the juice! Will have to buy another house first though so that I can have a clean-room lol

I'm also waiting @Silver! Seriously though, when I do start real DIY i.e. not one-shots, coffee is what I'll concentrate on. Who knows, I might even launch my own range. I already have a name for it - just got to make the juice! Will have to buy another house first though so that I can have a clean-room lol

"@Hooked on coffee"

I've had a few chats with commercial juice makers over the past few years and they tell me making a good coffee juice is not easy.

So when you've made it and its good, then I will be your first customer and buy it!
:D:D

When you try a new jam from the supermarket and you feel that it has an authentic jammy texture but an off-note in the flavour.

"@Hooked on coffee"

I've had a few chats with commercial juice makers over the past few years and they tell me making a good coffee juice is not easy.

So when you've made it and its good, then I will be your first customer and buy it!
:D:D

@Silver then I'd have to make a tobacco one as well!

Quote: I've had a few chats with commercial juice makers over the past few years and they tell me making a good coffee juice is not easy."

Clearly not, judging by some of the ones I've tried lol. I wonder why it's difficult?

Coffee is an exceptionally tricky flavour for flavour houses to get right, much like chocolate. So it's not that the mixers and manufacturers lack the skill to produce an authentic and pleasing flavour, it's the paucity of decent materials to work with. I've never tasted a coffee flavour I liked. FA are Italian, you'd think if anybody would be able to nail an espresso flavour, the Italians would. But FA's coffees are terrible. Not that any others are markedly better but still.

I think the problem is that coffee has an acrid taste that lingers at the back of your throat. However, that taste is deposited there by a hot liquid. When that same acrid vibe is translated into vapour form, it quickly tips from acceptably acrid into unacceptably burnt. It's just one of those things, much like effervescence, that doesn't translate well to vapour.

Last edited:
Coffee is an exceptionally tricky flavour for flavour houses to get right, much like chocolate. So it's not that the mixers and manufacturers lack the skill to produce an authentic and pleasing flavour, it's the paucity of decent materials to work with. I've never tasted a coffee flavour I liked. FA are Italian, you'd think if anybody would be able to nail an espresso flavour, the Italians would. But FA's coffees are terrible. Not that any others are markedly better but still.

I think the problem is that coffee has an acrid taste that lingers at the back of your throat. However, that taste is deposited there by a hot liquid. When that same acrid vibe is translated into vapour form, it quickly tips from acceptably acrid into unacceptably burnt. It's just one of those things, much like effervescence, that doesn't translate well to vapour.

Interesting info, thanks @RichJB. There are many coffee juices which I think are excellent and now I appreciate them even more!

Speaking of Italian, I have a Liqua coffee which I haven't tried yet. I will do soon - it will be interesting to see what it's like, after what you've told me.

LoL - Had a lollipop yesterday ,red jelly and custard flav, immediately started working out the ingredients for a diy juice....

Exactly! That's how I made my diy peppermint crisp chocolate bar clone recipe...

I just tested a combination strawberry cream on ice with vanilla custard. Steeped two weeks and it tasted so omg divine...

@Hooked, this intrigues me. What kind if mint that you detest? As my only favourite and frequently used flavour has the take on of spearmint flavour. Like beechies spearmint - not the overpowering xxx peppermint flavour that I dont particularly enjoy at all.

You are a vaper when:
That phone can stay at 7%, I have an mod / battery that needs charging.
You try and turn any electrical device on/off with 5 clicks
You know more about vape / nic legislation than most South African politicians.

Last edited:
What is a golf bat ?;-)

You mean golf club?

A golf club is an establishment golf players go to, to hit little balls with small bats in order to have some time away from the wife and remind them that there are more annoying things in life than their domestic partners. A golf bat is a long stick with a small enlarged portion at the end used to hit the small balls previously mentioned. The use of a small bat is motivated by the need for this pastime to be more frustrating than marriage and the balls are small in order to boost the players perception of his own masculinity. The Bonganian Society of Pediatric Psychologist has also made connection between the length of bat handle and before mentioned need for masculine reassurance but their comments on the "preferences" of female golf players is however highly controversial and deemed not PC enough for public discussion.

In case you do not buy in to the above, let me remind you that you saw this on the internet and therefore the statements are beyond contestation!

Stru!

Regards

A golf club is an establishment golf players go to, to hit little balls with small bats in order to have some time away from the wife and remind them that there are more annoying things in life than their domestic partners. A golf bat is a long stick with a small enlarged portion at the end used to hit the small balls previously mentioned. The use of a small bat is motivated by the need for this pastime to be more frustrating than marriage and the balls are small in order to boost the players perception of his own masculinity. The Bonganian Society of Pediatric Psychologist has also made connection between the length of bat handle and before mentioned need for masculine reassurance but their comments on the "preferences" of female golf players is however highly controversial and deemed not PC enough for public discussion.

In case you do not buy in to the above, let me remind you that you saw this on the internet and therefore the statements are beyond contestation!

Stru!

Regards

Classic @Raindance !
LOL

@BioHAZarD - check this out

Stru!

Regards
Pfffft. Golf bats..... Lol hahahahahaha

Screenshot_2018-06-22-19-47-33.png

@Hooked, this intrigues me. What kind if mint that you detest? As my only favourite and frequently used flavour has the take on of spearmint flavour. Like beechies spearmint - not the overpowering xxx peppermint flavour that I dont particularly enjoy at all.

Spearmint is probably the best of the mint range, but for me, any mint has only one place - in the mouth after eating garlic!

It's really difficult to explain. Mint is fine if it's not the predominant flavour e.g. I love Mr Hardwick's Bombshell, but it doesn't have a strong minty taste.If it did I wouldn't like it. I love Peppermint Crisp in real life too. I absolutely love Nasty Juice Cushman Low Mint.
I enjoy coolant. Blends of Distinction sent me some of their juice to review, some of which was their new IcePop range which has coolant and it's really good!

But even with the few that I like, I would never vape it frequently Just a few vapes in the afternoon (the only time of day when I would even think about anything minty) and that's enough for me.

The one thing that I really can't stand is menthol. That's a no-no, even if someone made a menthol-coffee I wouldn't try it!

Pfffft. Golf bats..... Lol hahahahahaha
I have a friend and colleague whom is a serious golfer. If I want to get him a bit emotionally unsettled I call his precious clubs "Bats". If you think vaping is an expensive hobby, golf will change your mind. Clubs, shafts, balls, gloves and shoes, shirts, membership fees... trust me, vaping is a bargain!

Strangely, I am getting more and more interested in trying my hand at golfing as well. More toys and I seem to love punishment. After marrying the same woman twice, how bad can golfing be? LOL.

Regards

Back