Your Personal Vaping Journey - Survey

Are you Vaping exclusively?

• Yes

Votes: 102 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 6 5.6%

• Total voters
1.) How long have you been Vaping? 1year 4months.
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yes.
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? As above.
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) More than what I care to admit to.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Luckily that hasn’t happened again.
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Time will tell, my hands have to be busy, so will rather vape than smoke.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 1 year and 2 months
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yes
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 1 Year
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Only once since i started vaping. Probably 4 or 5 times before that...
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Will never go back
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) No, it has become a very enjoyable hobby...

1.) How long have you been Vaping? Over 6 years
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 6 years
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Only 1 time. Never looked back
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Never reverted back
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Difficult question. If vaping was cheaper i would never give it up

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 3.5 years
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 3.5 years : dropped the twak after my first suck :)
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) One
5.) What has been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? N/A
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Nope
7.) What did you smoke and for how long? Camel filters for 21 years

Last edited:
1.) How long have you been Vaping? Since 24 March 2014 - 4 years, 7 months, 21 days
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? Since 24 March 2014 - 4 years, 7 months, 21 days
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Once
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? N/A
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Possibly

1.) How long have you been Vaping?

9 MONTHS

2.) Are you vaping exclusively?

NO

3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively?
N/A

4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively)

N/A

5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies?

STRESS...OLD HABITS DIE HARD

6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively)

N/A

Two years eleven months.
Yip
Two years five months.
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively)
While vaping two. Before, countless.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Using to low nic in my juice
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively)
Reducing the amount I vape and definatly the nic level. Quit? Maybe but not a crrtain.

Regards

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 9 months
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 8 months
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) About 5 without vaping. 2 attempts with vaping years ago when the vaping devices were mainly MTL cigarette lookalikes. 1 attempt with the awesome DL device options and liquids available now. I love flavourful clouds.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Cravings and stress
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) No, vaping has become a hobby and I fear I may reverting back to smoking if I do quit vaping.

Nearly 6 years
Yes
Nearly 6 years
Just 1 when I switched to vaping.
Sometimes tempted after a few drinks around smokers.
Maybe at some point but can't say for sure. I am vaping considerably less than I used to a year ago.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 4 years
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 4 years
A lot. Cigars were my nemesis
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? See above :p
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) No , well maybe but it's a hobby now.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? Since 02 Jan 2018, a New Year's resolution
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 02 Jan 2018 [1019 days -24/10/20]
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) 1
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? NEVER, hate the smell...
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) NO too much time and effort invested in my fun hobby:rofl:

Last edited:
New
1.) How long have you been Vaping? Around 3 years (joined the forum after almost a year of vaping)
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? Around 3 years. Was not difficult at all
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Only One
5.) What has been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? N/A
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) At this point no. Actually the only way I will ever quite vaping is if my health starts to suffer from it or if something really harmful is proven

Great Big Thank You to all that have participated thus far! Hope to see a lot more people sharing their answers.

Here are the Stats so far:
upload_2018-11-15_16-9-8.png

I must say that it is painting a pretty good picture of Vaping as a smoking cessation method with 21 out of 36 people successfully quitting smoking after 1 attempt by vaping!

Keeps those answers coming in, please invite your friends to participate as well :aplastao:

Can we sticky this Survey for a while @Silver ?

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 9 Months and 9 Days
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 9 Months and 9 Days
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) One
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? N/A
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Doubt it

1.) How long have you been Vaping? About 2 years
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Nope.
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? N/A
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) N/A
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? No time (read as: too lazy) to mix juice and the price of juice. Especially month end. R150.00 rand for 30ml that will last me about 2 days VS R36.50 for a pack. I must say though; I used to do a pack a day and after going back to the stinkies from vaping I smoke less - 5/6 a day.
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) N/A

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 5 years
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yes, exclusively vaping.
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 5 Years
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) 1
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? N/A - I intend never reverting back
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) No plans as of yet because I enjoy it very much. Maybe one day. My vaping has cut down a bit over the past year or two. I can go for a few hours quite easily without a vape. And I seldom chain vape these days.

PS - @Dela Rey Steyn , will sticky this thread for a while. Great thread, thanks!

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 4 Years and 7 months.
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yes!
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 4 Years and 6 months :)
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Before vaping, several times. With vaping, only one.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Nic craving.
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Maybe, but don't want to. Enjoy it too much.

We've had little to no feedback on here for a while, Bumping the thread so that some of our latest members get a chance to see it and hopefully participate.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? Gosh I have lost track, about 6 years I think, if not nearly 7
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yas.
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? It took me 3 months of smoking and vaping to switch over completely so pretty much the same
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? Champix, cold turkey, cigalikes yeah a ton
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? It hasn't the smell alone is enough to make me gag
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? I see no reason to :)

1.) How long have you been Vaping? Tried it near end of 2016, so about 2 and half years. But didn’t vape for most of 2017 as I don’t think mind was right.
2.) Are you vaping exclusively? Yes.
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 17 months
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? Over 32 years? Lots of times. Longest quit time was 50 hours.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? I haven’t and will not!!
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? I thought I would, but it’s become a hobby as well. I enjoy the new “toys” and daily visits to this community.

1 year and 7 months

Yes

1 year and 7 months

None. I went cold turkey and stuck to my vaping.

Never turned back.

Errrr um I highly doubt it. Lol.

For some reason, I missed this thread. Good thing I saw it now.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? About 6 months
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? About 6 months
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Many times
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? I quit a few times using other methods. Most of the people in my life are smokers and I realised I enjoy smoking. I tried vaping in 2017 and the device I got just wasn't working for me so I started smoking again.
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) No. I really enjoy smoking but it is not good for my health. Vaping gives me even more enjoyment (much better tasting). I have also seen a massive improvement in my health and if I can enjoy something without compromising my health why not continue? I am also a bit obsessed with learning about everything and why learn about vaping when not vaping?

1.) How long have you been Vaping? 2 years
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? 2 Years
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? 1
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? Will never go back to :smoke: the smell makes me want to:sick: and who needs to smoke if you vape 18mg nic tobacco juice?:-Do_O:-D
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? :wondering: NOPE , it is a hobby now and I love this forum and the people I have met here are super awesome people.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? Since 10 March 2014
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? Since 11 March 2014
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Next question.

1.) How long have you been Vaping? July 2014
3.) How long have you been Vaping exclusively? October 2014 (just over 4.5 years)
4.) How many attempts did it take you to give up the stinkies? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) One - Vaping did the trick.
5.) What have been the biggest contributing factor to reverting back stinkies? For previous attempts, social smoking. Now I stick to my vapes.
6.) Do you intend to quit vaping in the future? (Only applicable if vaping exclusively) Not at this stage.

My first successful stop attempt was with Zyban. I stopped for three years with no troubles. I then started smoking socially on the odd occasion because I was 'clever' ( read 'an idiot' ). The odd occasion became more and more frequent, and 6 months later, I was back on 20 a day for the next 5 years.

I started vaping on the more common 12mg mixes at the time with low powered devices. Innokin MVP-2 and the Nautilus Mini - and some newfound will-power - was the magic combo that worked. I considered moving to 18mg, but even back then it was a bit rough on the throat, even on the common regulated devices that maxed at around 25W back then.
I cut down to 6mg initially after slowly moving away from MTL after more than a year of starting.
I'm now on 3mg and still happily vaping at around 22W.

Back