Zeus rta flooded

NATE_ZA

New Vaper
LV

Awards
Hi guys

I bought my first rta and did my first build it seemed all good vaped well, still does but i left a full tank over night and half of the juice flooded the chamber. Is it a wicking problem too little cotton used?
Tia

After 6 months of using these, I got the gurgle again. I almost gave up on these tanks. Having watched all the mainstream reviewers render their coil position and wick methods, mine still gurgled. I got the wet, gurgly vape effect, despite strictly following these top reviewers' instructions or "guidelines".

Along comes this young lad on YouTube from a pop up on my feed. I don't know him from a bar of soap. Not trying to punt him, but his clip solved my wicking problems. I pulled out my two Zeus single coils this morning and copied what he did.

Only difference is I used Ka 22ga, 3ID, 7 wraps. By keeping the coil straight, the wicks LONG and twirled under the deck in the direction of the coil slots, it now vapes perfectly.

I had to share this clip here, for any Zeus single coil owners who are struggling like I did.

Here mine are, now firing fantastically, no gurgle. So enjoyable.

And here is the link to the miraculous answer by this clever young man. Brilliant.

c5d007a96260d0db98c95c05aa02f6cb.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
After 6 months of using these, I got the gurgle again. I almost gave up on these tanks. Having watched all the mainstream reviewers render their coil position and wick methods, mine still gurgled. I got the wet, gurgly vape effect, despite strictly following these top reviewers' instructions or "guidelines".

Along comes this young lad on YouTube from a pop up on my feed. I don't know him from a bar of soap. Not trying to punt him, but his clip solved my wicking problems. I pulled out my two Zeus single coils this morning and copied what he did.

Only difference is I used Ka 22ga, 3ID, 7 wraps. By keeping the coil straight, the wicks LONG and twirled under the deck in the direction of the coil slots, it now vapes perfectly.

I had to share this clip here, for any Zeus single coil owners who are struggling like I did.

Here mine are, now firing fantastically, no gurgle. So enjoyable.

And here is the link to the miraculous answer by this clever young man. Brilliant.

c5d007a96260d0db98c95c05aa02f6cb.jpg

interesting, will try this method

thanks for sharing

Looks interesting, never too old to learn. Would be interesting to see one wicked like you’ve been doing and one like this and to compare the results.
All the reviews I watched emphasised that the cotton stay short, just below the wick channels. I got hit and miss with this build. This man does the comple opposite. Which works fantastic.

All the reviews I watched emphasised that the cotton stay short, just below the wick channels. I got hit and miss with this build. This man does the comple opposite. Which works fantastic.

I did it exactly like that as well, short thinned out but cotton level with bottom of wick channel. Never a dry hit ever, but had a bit of a spit somedays.:D

I did it exactly like that as well, short thinned out but cotton level with bottom of wick channel. Never a dry hit ever, but had a bit of a spit somedays.:D
I agree the method you use will render no dry hits...but it also needs way to often rewicking as the Vape becomes, for lack of a better word, " Watery" quite quick quack query quot (alliteration). I started wicking in a much more conventional RDA manner a week ago, only difference was I fluffed, and I'm not really a fluffer, and combed in a normal less absurd fashion and haven't had the need to rewick yet. Until now that is...gotta try this method.

Been vaping since yesterday on both Zeus. This build is super effective. I don't get that "wet wick" sensation anymore. Thats a good description. This reviewer saved mine from the dustbin. So stoked.

I received mine a few days ago and my first build (2.5mm alien) went smooth. For my video i then removed the build, cleaned the atty and replaced the alien with a 3mm framed staple. No problems again. Sounds like i was just lucky. :)
I did however wick slightly tighter the second time and this totally eliminated the little bit of spitback i experienced from the first build.
One of the nicest RTA's i have used to date ...... still need to test a Dwarv though. :sisi3:

I received mine a few days ago and my first build (2.5mm alien) went smooth. For my video i then removed the build, cleaned the atty and replaced the alien with a 3mm framed staple. No problems again. Sounds like i was just lucky. :)
I did however wick slightly tighter the second time and this totally eliminated the little bit of spitback i experienced from the first build.
One of the nicest RTA's i have used to date ...... still need to test a Dwarv though. :sisi3:
I have to agree with you @KZOR , you would have to go far to get something to beat the Zeus, only reason i sold mine on is that I’m more into MTL, but still have my Nano’s and the Ammit to chuck a cloud.

Keen to get your take on what coil works best. I know you a RDA lover..
I'm just getting into RTA's. Can't see how I will get anything other than the Zeus. It's so easy to wick, I don't think I'll change.

Currently running a 3mm Coil Company's Alien in it 0.24 Ohm running at 43.5w. Awesome flavour.

Keen to try some different combination. Specially a framed staple as per your recommendation.

P.S. Do you perhaps sell your pre-built coils?

Thanks for that interesting video. I used my Zeus as my main RTA for about 6 months till I got my Themis. Now my Themis with dual 3.5mm Claptons is my day tank and my Zeus with 4mm Clapton is my evening tank. I know, the coils are huge but I have been up and down the specrum a few times and I find that those work best for me.
Love both these RTA tanks, both give great flavour, good cloud with no spit or dry hits.

Back