Parallel Coil (Sub-Ohm) on the Lemo - [Warning: Image Heavy]

Great stuff :rock:

How did you wick it?

Just wrapped a bit of rayon around the coil.

Then innstalled the could onto the deck.

Once that was tightened down, I took a loose piece and place it down the sides to act as carries for the juice that comes up the deck.

Just wrapped a bit of rayon around the coil.

Then innstalled the could onto the deck.

Once that was tightened down, I took a loose piece and place it down the sides to act as carries for the juice that comes up the deck.

Ah..rayon..the magical fluff that seems to work for everything :D
I used organic cotton, and it was meh...will get some rayon and try again, thanks :)

This was my coil + wicking
IMG_4674.JPG IMG_4694.JPG

Ah..rayon..the magical fluff that seems to work for everything :D
I used organic cotton, and it was meh...will get some rayon and try again, thanks :)

This was my coil + wicking
View attachment 18727 View attachment 18728

That looks good!
Mine was very similar. Except I trapped mine under the screw. I do for all my builds. It's too much a pita to get them into the hole.
Wicking I also used quite a lot less.

Basically used just enough around the coil to the point where you couldn't see it anymore.

That looks good!
Mine was very similar. Except I trapped mine under the screw. I do for all my builds. It's too much a pita to get them into the hole.
Wicking I also used quite a lot less.

Basically used just enough around the coil to the point where you couldn't see it anymore.

Thanks for the tip...I kinda expected I had it wicked up waaaay too much (didn't get any dry hits though, just very muted everything)...and the organic cotton wasn't doing me any favours either. I'll give this a go again sometime :D

Bit of a Necro, but thought I would rather add to this thread than starting a new one. I recently acquired a Lemo 1, thought I would give the whole RTA thing a go and see what all the fuss is about.

So I made a 0.6ohm ø3 24G coil and popped it in, wicked with Rayon. Was actually quite surprised by the vape, clouds and flavour all the way. The draw is slightly tight but I quite like it.

The issue I am having is the ohms jump all over the show on my BT50, from 0.6 to 1.9 to 8.3 back to 1.1. Is there a particular way to setup the base or internal screws so this doesn't happen, tried fiddling a bit and it was better for a short while but it is doing it again. This is causing dry hits(I think) cause when it fires @ 1.9ohms with 20w its a different story to 0.6ohms with 20w.

Any other pointers or tips with this RTA, been wondering about the chimney build is it any better than a horizontal coil?

Thanks

Bit of a Necro, but thought I would rather add to this thread than starting a new one. I recently acquired a Lemo 1, thought I would give the whole RTA thing a go and see what all the fuss is about.

So I made a 0.6ohm ø3 24G coil and popped it in, wicked with Rayon. Was actually quite surprised by the vape, clouds and flavour all the way. The draw is slightly tight but I quite like it.

The issue I am having is the ohms jump all over the show on my BT50, from 0.6 to 1.9 to 8.3 back to 1.1. Is there a particular way to setup the base or internal screws so this doesn't happen, tried fiddling a bit and it was better for a short while but it is doing it again. This is causing dry hits(I think) cause when it fires @ 1.9ohms with 20w its a different story to 0.6ohms with 20w.

Any other pointers or tips with this RTA, been wondering about the chimney build is it any better than a horizontal coil?

Thanks
Hey

Are you post screws securely tightened?

That would usually explain the fluctuation in the resistance

@BioHAZarD that was the first thing I checked, I know my RDA's do the same if the posts aren't tightened properly. I might try fitting the wires on the screws as opposed to inside the post holes.

@BioHAZarD that was the first thing I checked, I know my RDA's do the same if the posts aren't tightened properly. I might try fitting the wires on the screws as opposed to inside the post holes.
Might help - good luck with you efforts - i have only had the loose screws problem :) on my RTA's

Have you got another RTA to try on the SMOK

I have this with my Subtank RDA base, it was the fact that the RDA base wasn't making good contact with the tank base, after fiddling with it I came right. Just my 2 cents.

Have the same issue with the lemo on the ipv mini 2. It was the post screws that were loose. Once tightened, the ohms stopped jumping. And the dry hits are caused by the fluctuations in the ohms. The mod increases the voltage to accommodate the change in ohms.

I also had fluctuating readings on my Lemo Drop, but that was only with twisted wire. The only solution I could find to this was to stop doing twisted builds in the Lemo.

Assuming your post screws are firm - they tend to loosen a bit for the first bit (due to heat I'm guessing) - the other thing that causes this on the Lemo is the inner pin shorting a bit (due to juice in there I expect). The fix is quite simple.

Screw off the bottom piece, now take a flat screwdriver and unscrew the pin. Clean it off (including the little insulator) and then screw it back in. 9 out of 10 times this sorts out the resistance jumping for me.

I've actually gotten into the habit of taking it out and cleaning it whenever I put a new coil in :)

Assuming your post screws are firm - they tend to loosen a bit for the first bit (due to heat I'm guessing) - the other thing that causes this on the Lemo is the inner pin shorting a bit (due to juice in there I expect). The fix is quite simple.

Screw off the bottom piece, now take a flat screwdriver and unscrew the pin. Clean it off (including the little insulator) and then screw it back in. 9 out of 10 times this sorts out the resistance jumping for me.

I've actually gotten into the habit of taking it out and cleaning it whenever I put a new coil in :)
I too unscrew all that can be unscrewed when cleaning

Stripped and cleaned it again, stuck in a 3mm 24G paracoil at 0.7ohm, was aiming for 0.5 but had to put another 1/2 wrap to get the legs in the correct position. Holding ohms fine now. Think I cut the wick a little too short, but want to try some KDJ in any case. Wicks ok but tastes on the verge of a dry hit after a few consecutive hits.

Thanks for all advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stripped and cleaned it again, stuck in a 3mm 24G paracoil at 0.7ohm, was aiming for 0.5 but had to put another 1/2 wrap to get the legs in the correct position. Holding ohms fine now. Think I cut the wick a little too short, but want to try some KDJ in any case. Wicks ok but tastes on the verge of a dry hit after a few consecutive hits.

Thanks for all advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi @moonunit
My Lemo1 I got running beautifully after a few weeks of toiling to get the wicking right. I now do the "pancake method" (google it), the "modified pancake method" ala @Yiannaki or sometimes the simple "drape method". I also use Rayon and almost exclusively use my Strawberry Ice blend which is VM Strawberry with added menthol concentrate. I can now take long 4 or 5 second "restricted lung hits" without dryish hits.

I use a 1.1 ohm 2mm dia simple single coil. And I vape it at 12-15W.

But something that worries me a bit about your setup is the low resistance coil and the power you are using. Maybe @free3dom or the other Lemo1 users can confirm, but I thought the Lemo1 was better suited to around the 1ohm mark and not for very high power. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to your dry hitting. Not sure, just mentioning it in case...

Hi @moonunit
My Lemo1 I got running beautifully after a few weeks of toiling to get the wicking right. I now do the "pancake method" (google it), the "modified pancake method" ala @Yiannaki or sometimes the simple "drape method". I also use Rayon and almost exclusively use my Strawberry Ice blend which is VM Strawberry with added menthol concentrate. I can now take long 4 or 5 second "restricted lung hits" without dryish hits.

I use a 1.1 ohm 2mm dia simple single coil. And I vape it at 12-15W.

But something that worries me a bit about your setup is the low resistance coil and the power you are using. Maybe @free3dom or the other Lemo1 users can confirm, but I thought the Lemo1 was better suited to around the 1ohm mark and not for very high power. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to your dry hitting. Not sure, just mentioning it in case...
My Lemo Drop runs very comfortably with a 0.6 26g coil, draped with rayon or KJD I never get dry hits. It lives on one of my V3Flip mechs.

My Lemo Drop runs very comfortably with a 0.6 26g coil, draped with rayon or KJD I never get dry hits. It lives on one of my V3Flip mechs.
Same here. Lemo and lemo drop running 26G or dual 28G at 0.6 ohms with no dry hits. Coil id is 2-3mm

Ah, forgot to mention, my ID is 2.5mm. This is the default size for all my coils.

I have a mandrel that is 2.47mm - not quite 2.5 - he he- but maybe I should start trying that

2.47mm is close enough ;)

I see you're enjoying your new micrometer:D

Indeed!
You know its one of those things that I dont really need and seldom have a real use for it. But i love measuring things and knowing things even if it doesnt really make much of a difference.
I discovered that my favourite mandrel of all time which has been used to wrap about 70% of all my coils is not actually 1.5 mm. Its 1.6 mm!! Lol!

Back