Parallel Coil (Sub-Ohm) on the Lemo - [Warning: Image Heavy]

Hi @moonunit
My Lemo1 I got running beautifully after a few weeks of toiling to get the wicking right. I now do the "pancake method" (google it), the "modified pancake method" ala @Yiannaki or sometimes the simple "drape method". I also use Rayon and almost exclusively use my Strawberry Ice blend which is VM Strawberry with added menthol concentrate. I can now take long 4 or 5 second "restricted lung hits" without dryish hits.

I use a 1.1 ohm 2mm dia simple single coil. And I vape it at 12-15W.

But something that worries me a bit about your setup is the low resistance coil and the power you are using. Maybe @free3dom or the other Lemo1 users can confirm, but I thought the Lemo1 was better suited to around the 1ohm mark and not for very high power. Maybe that could be a contributing factor to your dry hitting. Not sure, just mentioning it in case...

The 1.0 Ohm recommendation is a holdover from the Kayfun days. Since this is based on the kayfun I think it just stuck around, but was never officially stated to be the case.

The Lemo 2 even comes with a factory installed 0.5 Ohm coil and the deck/juice channels are virtually unchanged from the Lemo 1. So I'd say that they are "Sub-Ohm Certified" ;)

As @BumbleBee and @Waheed said, stick to around 2.5mm ID and it wicks like a champ :)

The 1.0 Ohm recommendation is a holdover from the Kayfun days. Since this is based on the kayfun I think it just stuck around, but was never officially stated to be the case.

The Lemo 2 even comes with a factory installed 0.5 Ohm coil and the deck/juice channels are virtually unchanged from the Lemo 1. So I'd say that they are "Sub-Ohm Certified" ;)

As @BumbleBee and @Waheed said, stick to around 2.5mm ID and it wicks like a champ :)

Great feedback, thanks @free3dom , @BumbleBee and @Waheed

I know this is a Lemo thread but just wanted to post my findings on the new subtank mini RBA base.
-First i built a parallel coil at 0.6 ohm and right of the bat i got dry hits because the wires couldn't hold with the screws (one kept coming loose.
-This morning i built a single coil a 0.8 ohms (6 wraps round the little blue screwdriver) running it at 20 watts and the flavor is quite good but not like my RDA's
So my question is what type of coils do you guys build on the subtank mini that isn't to hot but gives decent flavor and vapor production...

I know this is a Lemo thread but just wanted to post my findings on the new subtank mini RBA base.
-First i built a parallel coil at 0.6 ohm and right of the bat i got dry hits because the wires couldn't hold with the screws (one kept coming loose.
-This morning i built a single coil a 0.8 ohms (6 wraps round the little blue screwdriver) running it at 20 watts and the flavor is quite good but not like my RDA's
So my question is what type of coils do you guys build on the subtank mini that isn't to hot but gives decent flavor and vapor production...

While I just do singles on the SubTank RBA, I'm sure you can do a dual (or even para) coil by simply placing the ends of the two wires on opposite sides of the screw - or even using a higher gauge wire ;)

Edit: Twisted wire would be another option :)

While I just do singles on the SubTank RBA, I'm sure you can do a dual (or even para) coil by simply placing the ends of the two wires on opposite sides of the screw - or even using a higher gauge wire ;)

Edit: Twisted wire would be another option :)

I only have 28g so would like to try 24g or 26g, the thing is the parallel coil gets to long and is hard to fit on the RBA base?

I only have 28g so would like to try 24g or 26g, the thing is the parallel coil gets to long and is hard to fit on the RBA base?

28/30G is probably best for para, or it would get a bit long. Plus with the thinner wire, the easier it is to fit dual strands under the screws :)

The 26 paracoil took some convincing to fit on the deck. Also want to invest in some thinner gauge wire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But with 24g/26g I personally would only build a single coil.
The parallel coil I built last night was 28g 5/6 wraps and it was to long

But with 24g/26g I personally would only build a single coil.
The parallel coil I built last night was 28g 5/6 wraps and it was to long

Dual nano coils (double barrel) should work better I think - should fit nicely in there.

My first build on the subtank rba base was a twisted 28ga, 5 wraps, 0.4 ohm and the vape was ok, not great. My second build was 8 wraps, single wire, 1.7 ohm, excellent vape, really good. I like sub ohming, but that last build is just soooo good. Now I want to try a dual build. I will keep you guys posted.

Hi guys. So I have a lemo 2, and a 50w box. Im trying to figure out what coil to use to get a good 50w vape?

Been a while since I Subbed the Lemo.
9 Turns
3mm
28g SS
IMG_20160417_165759_resize.jpg

Quick wrap. Could have been neater.
IMG_20160417_165818_resize.jpg

Bit of heat.
IMG_20160417_170051_resize.jpg

Dischem cotton pads R14.99 for 80. Each pad makes 3 strips for 3mm coils.
IMG_20160417_170300_resize.jpg

I like legs about 3mm above. I find if I cut them flush with the top it uses much more joose.
IMG_20160417_170506_resize.jpg

Tuck them in.
IMG_20160417_170554_resize.jpg

Make it wet.
IMG_20160417_170628_resize.jpg

Pull cotton away from the sides, high VG content.
IMG_20160417_170937_resize.jpg

Filled up with DIY Strawberry Yoghurt and nice warm vape, full of flavour and lots of clouds. I love the Lemo. Had 6 and two drops at one stage, down to one of each but most of the Family now off stinkies. Hoping one day when they buy their own gear I might get them back.

Back