Stuff that happened to you that doesnt deserve a thread

d9458d3e426c941da28d2c84677db3fc.jpg

Guess a shotgun is in order...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news , :campeon:unfortunately you will have to worry about all the boys in the neighborhood, not just one or two. Friend of mine greets prospective suitors with sjambok in one hand and butchers knife in the other, also hands them pictures of his hunts. Seems to work, you can start practicing early.:2guns:

Great news,:campeon: unfortunately you will have to worry about all the boys in the neighborhood, not just one or two. Friend of mine greets prospective suitors with sjambok in one hand and butchers knife in the other, also hands them pictures of his hunts. Seems to work, you can start practicing early.:2guns:

The day that laaitie walks in,he will find me cleaning my gun,will switch him on to polish my car for me

The day that laaitie walks in,he will find me cleaning my gun,will switch him on to polish my car for me

Last hom werk, then he will appreciate that it will take effort to get the prize, no freebies

Thanx bud,was quite ironic that I noticed the mod,nevertheless always awesome putting faces to the forum names!That combo of yours is quite a beauty!

Thanks bud. I am sure we will run in to each other again.

The Republic of Knysna is not vape friendly:mad::-@
So at 07.30 this morning when in town I decide to get some coffee whilst waiting for shops to open.
I sit outside at the coffee shop under a shaded section,there were two people (together) at a table waiting for their order,otherwise empty,so I sit away from them.When my coffee arrived I decide to vape.Now I don't gooi the clouds in situations like this and Im respectful of people (thats why I sat away from the other two people..........Jeez one tootie puff and the waitress is turfing me out.Informing me that I must go sit at the table which is not under shade which is a couple of metres away and where there is a lady smoking long white stinkies sending up smoke signals..........I drank the coffee and left.

The Republic of Knysna is not vape friendly:mad::-@
So at 07.30 this morning when in town I decide to get some coffee whilst waiting for shops to open.
I sit outside at the coffee shop under a shaded section,there were two people (together) at a table waiting for their order,otherwise empty,so I sit away from them.When my coffee arrived I decide to vape.Now I don't gooi the clouds in situations like this and Im respectful of people (thats why I sat away from the other two people..........Jeez one tootie puff and the waitress is turfing me out.Informing me that I must go sit at the table which is not under shade which is a couple of metres away and where there is a lady smoking long white stinkies sending up smoke signals..........I drank the coffee and left.

I don’t see what’s the issue - from the sound of it, you were vaping in an area that isn’t designated for smoking. So I’m not sure why you’re taking offence to this?

Tae a Moos

So, last weekend the dishwasher went bang, literally. Saturday morning took the thing apart thinking I could fix the short and maybe just need to replace a fuse if need be.
IMG_0604[1].JPG
Found the error and repaired it just to find it had blown the control electronics. Funds intended for the vaping fund rerouted to the domestic appliance fund. My dreams of owning a Reo delayed for now.

"...The best-laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley,..."

Regards

These things happen. Not the end of the world. This machine did give me ten years of service and I can use certain of its parts to further enhance my water recycling system so I'll just play the cards as they have been dealt.

Regards
@Resistance Now that's what I call recycling! And I see that you like Robert Burns!

@Resistance Now that's what I call recycling! And I see that you like Robert Burns!

@Resistance Speaking of water recycling, I've got one of those big water tanks, but the problem is that I can never judge how much water is in it. The guy who installed my alam system is also a general handyman and he inserted a pipe into the tank, which clearly shows the level of water. It's so cool!

20171229_131442.jpg

@Raindance , I am joining the club, mine started to sound like a diesel last night and then drained and now refuses to do anything. I feel your pain!

So no guesses as to who the new dishwasher is until I can fix or replace:confused:

@Raindance , I am joining the club, mine started to sound like a diesel last night and then drained and now refuses to do anything. I feel your pain!

So no guesses as to who the new dishwasher is until I can fix or replace:confused:
My dishwasher has gone in to semi retirement or should I say on standby.

I recently aquired a LG dishwasher so the previous dishwasher is very happy with me and she enjoys the LG :D

The area I stay in has until recently been plagued with the excessive noise of a club in the vicinity which blasted us with its particular brand of proletarian shite (can't call that music.) five to six nights a week until 2 to 3 in the morning. Eventually, after rallying some of the neighbors to join forces, we managed to get piece and quiet restored. With the help of the city that works for you, this only took 18 months.

Naturally, the more sensitive members of our little community are a bit shell shocked after this experience and may (I know I am) very quickly relive the hell of that time when a new noise disturbance makes its appearance. Just to paint the full picture, the noise we were exposed to was not some distant whisper in the wind, I am talking somebody put a boombox on full volume in the room next to me type of noise. I am truly not exaggerating on this.

Today Saturday afternoon 27 January 2018 at 13:05 we were right back to those days. A mixture of Justin Bieber undergoing a colonoscopy in the absence of any form of anesthesia, what sounded like a truck filled with cutlery rolling down a hill and a number of what sounded like fiery political and/or religious speeches once again enveloped our neighborhood, seeping into and occupying each and every fiber of our existence.
After two hours of repeat communication with local law enforcement, which was very helpful i must admit, the source of the noise could not be established. Seeing that my natural reaction was to send them to look in the area of the before mentioned club and the fact that on a Saturday afternoon they have more pressing issues to deal with, resulted in me offering to investigate the source myself.

After scouring the clubs area, and confirming the findings of the patrol vehicle, which called me directly to give feedback, I increased the search to a larger radius. Driving past a huge storage facility of one of the countries largest retail outlets I noticed the noise seemed to emanate from the direction of this facility. Also noticed people exiting the security gate with beer cans and bottles of what I can only presume liqueur. Two were even getting physical with a security guard trying to separate them.

On my second pass of the facilities main gate, there was no more noise to be heard, all that remained were a couple of seemingly inebriated people stumbling down the pavement of the rather busy dual carriage way, obviously on their way to catch a taxi on the nearby main arterial road. This was just after 17:00 this afternoon.

By the time I got home and until now there has not been a further sound to be heard.
Now seeing that the noise ceased before I could confirm this establishment as being its source I can not make any direct accusation in this regard. I also find it very difficult to believe that an international retailer would in this day and age of corporate social responsibility allow such behavior and conduct. But then, the image of those rowdy people exiting the gates holding Lion Lager beer cans has somehow stuck in my mind.

Whatever the case, I will be avoiding this retailer in future. Not that they will notice, rite?

P.S. I am truly grateful of the support received from local law enforcement. I did direct them incorrectly and the feedback I received was truly professional. This was way more than we received previously when Kobus se Gat was torturing us.

So that was my Saturday...

Best Regards

The area I stay in has until recently been plagued with the excessive noise of a club in the vicinity which blasted us with its particular brand of proletarian shite (can't call that music.) five to six nights a week until 2 to 3 in the morning. Eventually, after rallying some of the neighbors to join forces, we managed to get piece and quiet restored. With the help of the city that works for you, this only took 18 months.

Naturally, the more sensitive members of our little community are a bit shell shocked after this experience and may (I know I am) very quickly relive the hell of that time when a new noise disturbance makes its appearance. Just to paint the full picture, the noise we were exposed to was not some distant whisper in the wind, I am talking somebody put a boombox on full volume in the room next to me type of noise. I am truly not exaggerating on this.

Today Saturday afternoon 27 January 2018 at 13:05 we were right back to those days. A mixture of Justin Bieber undergoing a colonoscopy in the absence of any form of anesthesia, what sounded like a truck filled with cutlery rolling down a hill and a number of what sounded like fiery political and/or religious speeches once again enveloped our neighborhood, seeping into and occupying each and every fiber of our existence.
After two hours of repeat communication with local law enforcement, which was very helpful i must admit, the source of the noise could not be established. Seeing that my natural reaction was to send them to look in the area of the before mentioned club and the fact that on a Saturday afternoon they have more pressing issues to deal with, resulted in me offering to investigate the source myself.

After scouring the clubs area, and confirming the findings of the patrol vehicle, which called me directly to give feedback, I increased the search to a larger radius. Driving past a huge storage facility of one of the countries largest retail outlets I noticed the noise seemed to emanate from the direction of this facility. Also noticed people exiting the security gate with beer cans and bottles of what I can only presume liqueur. Two were even getting physical with a security guard trying to separate them.

On my second pass of the facilities main gate, there was no more noise to be heard, all that remained were a couple of seemingly inebriated people stumbling down the pavement of the rather busy dual carriage way, obviously on their way to catch a taxi on the nearby main arterial road. This was just after 17:00 this afternoon.

By the time I got home and until now there has not been a further sound to be heard.
Now seeing that the noise ceased before I could confirm this establishment as being its source I can not make any direct accusation in this regard. I also find it very difficult to believe that an international retailer would in this day and age of corporate social responsibility allow such behavior and conduct. But then, the image of those rowdy people exiting the gates holding Lion Lager beer cans has somehow stuck in my mind.

Whatever the case, I will be avoiding this retailer in future. Not that they will notice, rite?

P.S. I am truly grateful of the support received from local law enforcement. I did direct them incorrectly and the feedback I received was truly professional. This was way more than we received previously when Kobus se Gat was torturing us.

Best Regards
Was it perhaps a Steinhoff closing down party?

Last edited:

Best Regards

@Raindance Clearly not the best of Saturdays, but it's good to hear something positive being said of law enforcement.

@Raindance Clearly not the best of Saturdays, but it's good to hear something positive being said of law enforcement.
There are very many good people in law enforcement. There is just only so much you can do with your hands tied behind your back. My local town has four huge sectors but last I heard only two working patrol vehicles...

True for most if not all parastatals I think.

This is getting me depressed and I need to lighten up. So enough said.

Regards

Sorry to hear about this @Raindance
Dont know how you survived that cloub noise for so long
Noise like that in the evenings drives me nuts

Hope the peace and quiet continues

Ok im going to vent a bit. So my kids loves fish. So once every 2 months i spoil them and take them to ocean basket. Can someone please explain to me why parents allow their 9-10 year old to sit the entire meal on their ipad/phone. Bloody hell u might as well stay at home and watch tv. Where are our youth going to end up when they cant even enjoy a meal with their family without staring at a damn phone. When me and the kids go out we sit and chat, make jokes and have a hell of a good time. I just dont understand it

Back