1 or 2 Flavour DIY Recipes

Icee Watermelon (a VGod Lushice Remix)
NLNe1lV.png

Watermelon and Melon juices are very occasional vapes for me. Then @Rude Rudi went and sang the praises of PUR Watermelon and linked to this recipe. And my daughter in law loves watermelon. Had to mix it. DIL has not seen a drop of this juice yet as I just cannot have enough. PUR Watermelon certainly is "to die for" and here you get your slice straight from the fridge. Ice cold watermelon - what can be a more perfect summer vape.

Icee Watermelon
PUR Watermelon 10.0 %
WS-23 (30%) 2.0 %
TFA Sweetener 0.5 %

Total flavour: 12.5 %

On the list for mixing - hopefully this weekend

Sent by iDad's iPhone

Icee Watermelon (a VGod Lushice Remix)
NLNe1lV.png

Watermelon and Melon juices are very occasional vapes for me. Then @Rude Rudi went and sang the praises of PUR Watermelon and linked to this recipe. And my daughter in law loves watermelon. Had to mix it. DIL has not seen a drop of this juice yet as I just cannot have enough. PUR Watermelon certainly is "to die for" and here you get your slice straight from the fridge. Ice cold watermelon - what can be a more perfect summer vape.

Icee Watermelon
PUR Watermelon 10.0 %
WS-23 (30%) 2.0 %
TFA Sweetener 0.5 %

Total flavour: 12.5 %

I stil have 3 weeks left on my rotation before i head back home, now i got that picture in my head and all i can think about is that juicy watermelon !
RIP

I am starting with my first DIY batch. Will be doing single flavour right now.
These are the flavours I have
Cap sweet lychee
TFA ry4 double
Cap blueberry
Cap golden pineapple
TFA strawberry.
Got 50mg nic. Thinking of doing a 80-20.
What's the best way to mix, direct in a bottle or shall I use a bowl ? How much steeping should a single flavour require ?
Is it better to use warm water bath to thin the vg and then add the nicotine ?

I am starting with my first DIY batch. Will be doing single flavour right now.
These are the flavours I have
Cap sweet lychee
TFA ry4 double
Cap blueberry
Cap golden pineapple
TFA strawberry.
Got 50mg nic. Thinking of doing a 80-20.
What's the best way to mix, direct in a bottle or shall I use a bowl ? How much steeping should a single flavour require ?
Is it better to use warm water bath to thin the vg and then add the nicotine ?
Most mixers mix directly into the bottle and do the hot water bath after then shake the living day lights out of it. I see some fruits there they can be shaked and vaped. Sweet lychee I might give a day or two. Ry4 double is great directly after mixing and becomes better with time think 5% was the norm for single flavour also look into @Paul33's recipe for ry4 double and vanilla bean ice cream really nice and simple

Most mixers mix directly into the bottle and do the hot water bath after then shake the living day lights out of it. I see some fruits there they can be shaked and vaped. Sweet lychee I might give a day or two. Ry4 double is great directly after mixing and becomes better with time think 5% was the norm for single flavour also look into @Paul33's recipe for ry4 double and vanilla bean ice cream really nice and simple

Thanks will be doing my first batch today. Will do 10 ml first, got a Chinese scale so hoping all goes well.

@Faiyaz Cheulkar
Why would you mix single flavour testers as 80/20 though ?

Would 60/40 or 70/30 not be better since pg is the flavour carrier. And you are testing for flavour.

I just want minimum throat hit but high nic. That's why I got nic in VG too. From what I read till now, I understand that more Pg will increase throat hit. Is it right ?

Thanks will be doing my first batch today. Will do 10 ml first, got a Chinese scale so hoping all goes well.
just make sure it reads 0.01gram
see you in cape town if you want you can pop in by me i am in table view and i can show you same pointers

I just want minimum throat hit but high nic. That's why I got nic in VG too. From what I read till now, I understand that more Pg will increase throat hit. Is it right ?
Only very slightly, if at all. Nicotine is what contributes most to throat hit.

First batch ready. Took me some time to realise that the cap of juicy Joe's bottles have a nozzle in them too !! Now it's really simple as don't need syringes or droppers.
All 10% flavour with 3mg and 70/30 as suggested by @Hallucinated_ . Gave them a warm bath and a shake. Will pick up wife from work and then will try them in a RDA.

Tried the mix on a gbox with a radar RDA, dual alien clapton with cb v2, at 90 watts.
No flavour at all, can't tell the difference between two flavours. The strawberry mix gives a little flavour. What do u think ? I need to increase the flavour to 15% may be ?

Tried the mix on a gbox with a radar RDA, dual alien clapton with cb v2, at 90 watts.
No flavour at all, can't tell the difference between two flavours. The strawberry mix gives a little flavour. What do u think ? I need to increase the flavour to 15% may be ?
Not even the ry4 double at 10% should give a caramel taste with a smokey background... Don't think going to 15% would solve the issue.

Not even the ry4 double at 10% should give a caramel taste with a smokey background... Don't think going to 15% would solve the issue.
Dint try ry4 yesterday. Ran out of empty bottles. Have cleaned a few old dropper bottles, u know save the environment, reduce reuse...;) don't think buying bottles for r5 a pop is a good idea for my pocket.

Shall I mix ry4 at 5% or 10

Last edited:
So mixed 5 batches of 5 ml each. Reduced the nic to 1% as the last batch was tasting all nic. Strawberry at 2% nic though. Kept it in warm bath now, let's see what happens.

Why do you want to heat up the mix? Not trying to be funny, just want to understand what is driving the need to heat up the mix at all?

Just mix all your flavorings, nic, PG and VG, give it a good shake for a minute or 2 and put it into a dark cool cupboard and forget about it until its ready.

Don't over-complicate things.

Four of your flavours are fruits which should be ready in a couple of days anyway, the RY4 will take a bit longer. When you heat mixes, you introduce another factor that may result in the flavour not tasting right. Try to minimise the number of extraneous factors, not maximise them. I wouldn't even include nic in the tester. Mix 5% of the flavour, don't heat it, just give it a good shake and put it away in a cool, dark cupboard for a week. If you then can't taste anything or the flavour tastes off, at least you know it's not the heating or nic that is causing it. If it tastes fine but you want to vape it with nic, you can then add nic. If it then tastes off or becomes harsh, at least you know it's the nic doing it. Working with as few variables as possible helps you to identify and eliminate problems.

TFM vanilla toffee 3.5%
TFM banana 3%

Steep for whatever your usual is for bakery ingredients.

Back