Airport security

Hi all

Have moved this thread to a newly created subforum called Vaping and Travel.

I see lots of discussion on this topic - so we felt this topic needs a permanent "home".

We will be moving other similar threads into here over time.

@Andre - I would like to invite you to make a new thread in this subforum with your highly informative summary above ;-)

Alternatively, if you like I can move it or copy it into a new thread for you if you prefer. Just let me know.

Hope this will help.
Done.

Great info
One quiestion if I may.....
I am flying from or Thambo to George.planning on taking 3 devices , rx 200 s , minikin v1.5 and a pico , can I travel with my tanks filled with juice ?
The tanks will be a serphent mini 25 mm , serphent mini 22 mm and a griffin plus , what will the pressure in the cabin do to tanks fullsmof juice ?

Thanks for the info

@morras your tanks will leak no question. Travel with them empty and refill when you land. Been there, done that and done the clean up.

informative thread as we are flying to CPT this december and i dont want to get detained LOL

Thanks Rob , will wick them and just wet the wicks , will fill once I land.

Can I take my building toolkit with my tab and scissor s and tweezers and so on .?

Can I take my building toolkit with my tab and scissor s and tweezers and so on .?
Not on any carry-on luggage, you have to check that in.

All sharp stuff in the checked in luggage as @Stosta said.

So, I followed all the pointers here and had a fantastic travel experience through 3 African airports - no problem whatsoever.

Be sensible and don't be a hero by arguing or taking chances. The guys at the scanners and custom desks are doing their jobs and can not give two ticks about your soppy story if you are searched/trying to pull a fast one. They will simply confiscate your goodies - it is their right, like it or not...

A suggestion on tanks - I left about 1/4 juice in each tank (I took 6) and placed each tank in a separate "bankie" aka small resalable zip-lock type plastic bag, which helped a lot. Alternatively, wrap each in cling wrap or take them empty.

I got a battery case form Vape King which sorted the battery issue which is a biggie for airport security officers.

I think it is vital to get a decent vape bag for traveling - I have the UD one and it is perfect to store all you bits.

If you are are well prepared, the whole process is hassle free - the security chaps will see that you made an effort and they will afford you the necessary respect...

$_1.JPG
31666-ca323ce133b012b4b1779f31b57c2432.jpg

Thanks guys, I'm traveling to NZ tomorrow and this thread has answered a lot of questions i couldn't find on the web. Seems NZ is rather backward regarding vaping. Very strict. Last time i went i i was still smoking and even then it was "shameful" trying to figure out where you can smoke and not Would try find spots with stompies on the ground to no avail lol. They actually clean there streets and parks etc :-D

Thanks guys, I'm traveling to NZ tomorrow and this thread has answered a lot of questions i couldn't find on the web. Seems NZ is rather backward regarding vaping. Very strict. Last time i went i i was still smoking and even then it was "shameful" trying to figure out where you can smoke and not Would try find spots with stompies on the ground to no avail lol. They actually clean there streets and parks etc :-D
Vaping is legal there, but vendors cannot sell nic containing juices. Vapers can, however, import nic for personal use. Vaping has become quite popular in NZ and many shops around. They are re-looking their regulations, banning the sale of nic containing juice. I have a brother there. He vapes.

Another reason to be happy that I live in South Africa. We may have challenges here, but for goodness sakes, that's what you call "Over Regulation" over something very petty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Could we not start a stickied thread for countries that are vape-friendly? As I am sure this question is asked many times. For instance I went to HK and China: For Hong Kong you are allowed vape stuff and nic juices for personal use but may not sell any nic juices as it is a controlled substance. In China it's all allowed but I don't know about taking nic juices into the country for resale..

Could we not start a stickied thread for countries that are vape-friendly? As I am sure this question is asked many times. For instance I went to HK and China: For Hong Kong you are allowed vape stuff and nic juices for personal use but may not sell any nic juices as it is a controlled substance. In China it's all allowed but I don't know about taking nic juices into the country for resale..

You are welcome to start and maintain such a thread @Cobrali
And if it looks good we can certainly sticky it

Hi All so im Leaving to the UK for family Visit on the 23rd December leaving here what must be put into my Cargo hold Luggage and what may i take as Carry on and how ?
Ps Flying with British Airways
have a dual 18650 mod and total 3 sets of 18650 batteries

Thanks all :)

Vaping is legal there, but vendors cannot sell nic containing juices. Vapers can, however, import nic for personal use. Vaping has become quite popular in NZ and many shops around. They are re-looking their regulations, banning the sale of nic containing juice. I have a brother there. He vapes.

Been in NZ for 6 months, and there are a number of vape shops, and all sell nic juice, you just have to ask.

Went on a trip from South Africa to the United States through Germany. At the Munich airport they cleared my two mods I had at the time no problem but they seized my two Cosmic fog juices. The juice had the triangle warning sign on the bottle and the second they saw it they took it from me. Very frustrating as they were unopened and cost a lot.

Next trip to Europe I decided to cut the labels with a stanley knife and test the airport security staff. I neatly cut the label where the triangles were for any of my juices with that warning and left the remaining label looking neat and intact. This time around no issues whatever :)

Every time I fly now I just precut any labels with that warning.

Problem solved for now :)

Went on a trip from South Africa to the United States through Germany. At the Munich airport they cleared my two mods I had at the time no problem but they seized my two Cosmic fog juices. The juice had the triangle warning sign on the bottle and the second they saw it they took it from me. Very frustrating as they were unopened and cost a lot.

Next trip to Europe I decided to cut the labels with a stanley knife and test the airport security staff. I neatly cut the label where the triangles were for any of my juices with that warning and left the remaining label looking neat and intact. This time around no issues whatever :)

Every time I fly now I just precut any labels with that warning.

Problem solved for now :)

P.S here is an example of the warning symbol on the label.COSMICFOG-SONRISE.jpg

3 years ago, I was traveling to the US, via UK. I had 2 x iStick TC60W mods with me, 4 x Samsung 18650's, 1 x Kangertech Subtank Mini and 1 x Aspire Nautilus, and 1 x 20ml unmarked bottle of juice, all in my hand luggage.

Heathrow Terminal 5 security stopped me and asked me about the kit, but, once I explained what it was, no issue, straight through.

In the terminal, waiting 12 hours for my flight, asked one of the staff if I am allowed to vape anywhere. I had to use the term electronic cigarette and show it to them.

They said I can use it anywhere in the terminal, just not on the flight. Was so shocked that I asked 3 more different staffers and 1 security person, and all confirmed.

I parked my ass in a seat, and started vaping to my hearts content. Other the stares from passengers, no issue at all!

Not sure if this is STILL the case.

Many travels to the US since, some through Heathrow, and others through Dubai, all with virtually the same gear, and never and issue.

Dubai has big smoking lounges all over, so, no issue vaping there.

Last trip to the US, flew business on Emirates. The toilets all have those nice air blowers, at face level infront of you, sitting on the can. Turned it on full blast and just blew the vapor straight into the air blower, and no issues either. ;-)

As other have said, vaping on the plane is asking for trouble though!

I actually asked one of the senior flight crew on why it's banned ... MAIN reason ... Assholes see the vapor, think it's smoke, and light up the stinky's!

3 years ago, I was traveling to the US, via UK. I had 2 x iStick TC60W mods with me, 4 x Samsung 18650's, 1 x Kangertech Subtank Mini and 1 x Aspire Nautilus, and 1 x 20ml unmarked bottle of juice, all in my hand luggage.

Heathrow Terminal 5 security stopped me and asked me about the kit, but, once I explained what it was, no issue, straight through.

In the terminal, waiting 12 hours for my flight, asked one of the staff if I am allowed to vape anywhere. I had to use the term electronic cigarette and show it to them.

They said I can use it anywhere in the terminal, just not on the flight. Was so shocked that I asked 3 more different staffers and 1 security person, and all confirmed.

I parked my ass in a seat, and started vaping to my hearts content. Other the stares from passengers, no issue at all!

Not sure if this is STILL the case.

Many travels to the US since, some through Heathrow, and others through Dubai, all with virtually the same gear, and never and issue.

Dubai has big smoking lounges all over, so, no issue vaping there.

Last trip to the US, flew business on Emirates. The toilets all have those nice air blowers, at face level infront of you, sitting on the can. Turned it on full blast and just blew the vapor straight into the air blower, and no issues either. ;-)

As other have said, vaping on the plane is asking for trouble though!

I actually asked one of the senior flight crew on why it's banned ... MAIN reason ... Assholes see the vapor, think it's smoke, and light up the stinky's!

Similar freedom in the Greek airport of Athens. I vaped myself silly because they said it was fine :)
In Kenya at the Nairobi airport though it was a no no and had to put up with the smoking lounge :(

Back