Ammit dual and single coil and wicking

Moerse Rooikat

Elite Vaper
LV

Awards
hi here i will share my wy of wicking a ammit duel and sing coil
i use demon killer fused Clapton wire 28ga x2 +32ga or there alien wire (shown in the pic) i prefer fused Clapton
2.5 inner 6 to 8 wraps depending on how i feel that day
What i find important is were u place the coil
here is the picture take note were the coils are
20180101_161141.jpg 20180101_155331.jpg 20180101_161401.jpg 20171211_140132.jpg 20180101_153947.jpg 20180101_161744.jpg 20180101_161408.jpg 20180101_153821.jpg
i will take picture of the single coil wen i redo it

i use demon killer fused Clapton wire 28ga x2 +32ga or there alien wire (shown in the pic) i prefer fused Clapton
View attachment 119018 View attachment 119019 View attachment 119020 View attachment 119021 View attachment 119022 View attachment 119023 View attachment 119024 View attachment 119025

Hi Rooikat, what wattage you use on that build and whats the resistance/OHM?

Currently looking at buying an RTA and the Ammit is on my shortlist due to the fact that it can do single and dual.

Do you use the silicon adaptor for your single coils or do you do them diagonal across the board?

Really nice post @Moerse Rooikat, I'm looking forward to your single coil pics in particular.

Currently looking at buying an RTA and the Ammit is on my shortlist due to the fact that it can do single and dual.

Do you use the silicon adaptor for your single coils or do you do them diagonal across the board?
i think you mist understood me i meant the single coil unit it self
i did try the single coil acres was not bad just had same leaking. would go for the silicon adapter but then more cotton as it tens to leak then

View attachment 119018 View attachment 119019 View attachment 119020 View attachment 119021 View attachment 119022 View attachment 119023 View attachment 119024 View attachment 119025
Ok, i will try a new build using your coil placement. Tx

Last edited:
i think you mist understood me i meant the single coil unit it self
i did try the single coil acres was not bad just had same leaking. would go for the silicon adapter but then more cotton as it tens to leak then
Thank you. Will keep that in mind.

Btw, got some nice coils going there.

Nice! I also wrap fused Claptons although I usually go with S.S.316 26g or27g core, wrapped with 38g down to 41g (41 is my favorite) trying to go at least 10 gauges thinner than the core for wrapping. I use these coils on most everything .The i.d.usually 3. Or 2.5. Six wraps gives about. 25 ohms.
I have the Ammit single 25mm and it's about the best flavor single coil tank ever.

@Aldephi I have the single Ammit and it is very good .Flavor is excellent and the deck's EZ to build on.
If you need an RTA that can do both look at the very nice OBS Engine mini.

@Aldephi I have the single Ammit and it is very good .Flavor is excellent and the deck's EZ to build on.
If you need an RTA that can do both look at the very nice OBS Engine mini.
Thanks. Had a quick look. But the Ammit still beats it with tank size. And by tank I mean TANK! Maybe the Kylin, that is effectively the Ammit without the protruding middle section.

Will make a thread closer to payday to decide what tank to get.

Nice! I also wrap fused Claptons although I usually go with S.S.316 26g or27g core, wrapped with 38g down to 41g (41 is my favorite) trying to go at least 10 gauges thinner than the core for wrapping. I use these coils on most everything .The i.d.usually 3. Or 2.5. Six wraps gives about. 25 ohms.
I have the Ammit single 25mm and it's about the best flavor single coil tank ever.
i just buy it like that will not make my own not cost effective u use to much wrap to make works out to much cash

i just buy it like that will not make my own not cost effective u use to much wrap to make works out to much cash
I have no problem since I use the Bead-a-Lon method that uses wire tamers to wrap.It makes perfect Claptons effortlessly for pennys.I found this method in a video on YouTube a year or so ago and have loved using it .I get my wire usually from Lightning Vape thru EBay and the prices are very cheap.

I have no problem since I use the Bead-a-Lon method that uses wire tamers to wrap.It makes perfect Claptons effortlessly for pennys.I found this method in a video on YouTube a year or so ago and have loved using it .I get my wire usually from Lightning Vape thru EBay and the prices are very cheap.
perhaps have the link

I haven’t used my ammit dual for a good few mths mainly due to the fact that it would leak like Victoria falls no matter how much cotton i put in lol.

But even after it leaked what it had to, I didn’t find the flavour all that great. Even with a dual fused clapton build that was ohming out to .25 and vaping at 65 watts. It just didn’t blow me away which was a shame as it’s now just sitting in my drawer gathering dust.

I might bring it out and try it again though.

I haven’t used my ammit dual for a good few mths mainly due to the fact that it would leak like Victoria falls no matter how much cotton i put in lol.

But even after it leaked what it had to, I didn’t find the flavour all that great. Even with a dual fused clapton build that was ohming out to .25 and vaping at 65 watts. It just didn’t blow me away which was a shame as it’s now just sitting in my drawer gathering dust.

I might bring it out and try it again though.
Sametimes the middle part gets loos there is a vedeo on here same were that shows how to tighten it up

perhaps have the link
I'm sorry bro,but I stumbled across this on YouTube a year or so ago and have no idea as to the link,perhaps a Google search? I believe I was looking for ways to Clapton.Basicly all you have to do is feed the wrapping wire through the hole on the wire tammer and put it in your drill along with your core wire and attach the other end to a fishing swivel anchored with a small clamp making sure the Bead-a-Lon wire tammer is at the right tension (not too loose or tight) and turn on the drill.
It didn't take long to get it right and one can make 3 ft.of Claptons in a couple of minutes as good as any fancy device selling for 50 bucks.I was going to buy one until i found this and i make all my coils this way.They come out perfect.I hope you find the video and you'll see how ingenious and EZ it is.If I can find the video before you I'll get back to you

my ammits have sins been benched still have them
the peak insulator seems to have shrink on all of them and it is now leaking there. same pipe treed tape helps but is not ideal

Back