And So It Begins.... Noob

So, my stinky consumption took a big dive yesterday, 5 in total. :D

That's an awesome start if I do say so myself. chucked the battery I was using yesterday on charge lastnight. 20 minutes later it was fully charged. So clearly I had barely drained the thing but I used it quite a lot. I'm super happy about that.

And also, with this weather today, I'm not going outside to smoke a stinky. I'm staying at my desk and making happy cherry scented clouds.
Boss already mentioned how lucky I am to have my vape, smokers freeze outside, vapers freeze inside

<--------- Okay, I fixed it.

My avatar is now an unidentified little person.

So, my stinky consumption took a big dive yesterday, 5 in total. :D

That's an awesome start if I do say so myself. chucked the battery I was using yesterday on charge lastnight. 20 minutes later it was fully charged. So clearly I had barely drained the thing but I used it quite a lot. I'm super happy about that.

And also, with this weather today, I'm not going outside to smoke a stinky. I'm staying at my desk and making happy cherry scented clouds.
I tried stinkies and vaping together. Stinkies won and they always seem to win with my friends. One night I made a decision to toss my pack of stinkies. First 3 mornings with coffee were hard, thereafter been plain sailing. Actually been vaping for over 4 years now, but my signature shows vaping without stinkies :D

I tried stinkies and vaping together. Stinkies won and they always seem to win with my friends. One night I made a decision to toss my pack of stinkies. First 3 mornings with coffee were hard, thereafter been plain sailing. Actually been vaping for over 4 years now, but my signature shows vaping without stinkies :D

That's Awesome!!!

Yeah it's a little tough. I'm still really tempted to light up a stinky but the vaping is making it a whole lot easier to resist. Only had 1 stinky today. For me that's a reeeaaaally big deal. I'm always happy to see stories of people who kicked the stinkies! I know I can do it too! :D

That's Awesome!!!

Yeah it's a little tough. I'm still really tempted to light up a stinky but the vaping is making it a whole lot easier to resist. Only had 1 stinky today. For me that's a reeeaaaally big deal. I'm always happy to see stories of people who kicked the stinkies! I know I can do it too! :D

I'm waiting patiently for your post in the not so distant future along the lines of: ..... it tastes horrible ..."

I'm waiting patiently for your post in the not so distant future along the lines of: ..... it tastes horrible ..."
I also found it easier to vape sweet and fruity flavours, far removed from my stinkie flavours.

Day 3.

My throat still feels scratchy when I vape and after 2 or 3 puffs I can't really taste the flavour. Well, actually, the only flavour I've really managed to really taste is VK Cotton Candy. And I can taste some pina colada. Is this normal? Will this change when the stinkies are out of my system?

Because, truth be told, I'm a little underwhelmed

Hey @Ollypop

You are doing great.

Dont worry, when you transition to vaping crazy things can happen. Itchy throat, changes to your taste, interference with sleep, the list goes on. It takes time for the body to adjust to not smoking, with all the hazardous chemicals from combustion, which your body has gotten used to over time.

But it all subsides after a while.

Try drink a lot more water. Also maybe try some other ejuice brands. You can try juices with different PG/VG ratios and with different nic strengths. You need to find what works for you and it can change after time too.

Dont be too hard on yourself regarding the stinkies. Even if it takes a while to stop completely that is a fantastic achievement!!

Hey @Ollypop

You are doing great.

Dont worry, when you transition to vaping crazy things can happen. Itchy throat, changes to your taste, interference with sleep, the list goes on. It takes time for the body to adjust to not smoking, with all the hazardous chemicals from combustion, which your body has gotten used to over time.

But it all subsides after a while.

Try drink a lot more water. Also maybe try some other ejuice brands. You can try juices with different PG/VG ratios and with different nic strengths. You need to find what works for you and it can change after time too.

Dont be too hard on yourself regarding the stinkies. Even if it takes a while to stop completely that is a fantastic achievement!!

Well that's a relief hahaha

I already drink a lot of water as it is, so that won't be a problem. My next juices will definitely be from Vapour Mountain. Keep reading great stuff about them. So I'll try those next.

I'm just letting myself go with it. Only had 2 stinkies yesterday, I was so impressed at how easy it was to get that low. I only realised at the end of the day.

I'm happy I'm doing this, just wanted to see if these weird things are normal.

Thanks for the awesome Reply @Silver

When you start off, especially tobaccos are quite underwhelming. Things like Vanilla and strong fruit flavours (peach being a personal fave) come through first, as you go on you will start to taste more and more.

At first for me I could tell flavours apart, but had to 'look' for them, when just puffing all I would pick up on was how sweet a juice is. The scratchyness you get used to, but i could be a sign that your nic level is too high. Vanilla Custard 18mg was way too severe for me in my first week, after that it got better. Down to 12mg now and it's a Top 3 juice for me

Adding a bit of menthol, especially to fruits, is a great way to enhance the flavour, even when you are still on 'recovery'. I couldn't taste berries at all, bit of Ice added made it a great vape!

When you start off, especially tobaccos are quite underwhelming. Things like Vanilla and strong fruit flavours (peach being a personal fave) come through first, as you go on you will start to taste more and more.

At first for me I could tell flavours apart, but had to 'look' for them, when just puffing all I would pick up on was how sweet a juice is. The scratchyness you get used to, but i could be a sign that your nic level is too high. Vanilla Custard 18mg was way too severe for me in my first week, after that it got better. Down to 12mg now and it's a Top 3 juice for me

Adding a bit of menthol, especially to fruits, is a great way to enhance the flavour, even when you are still on 'recovery'. I couldn't taste berries at all, bit of Ice added made it a great vape!

I doubt it's the nic level, I've started out at 12mg. And all 8 of my juices are sweet ones, I didn't get any tobacco flavours because I want to move away from tobacco completely. I think I'll definitely be ordering some menthol and seeing how that goes. Thanks @Die Kriek

Which 8 juices have you got?

Day 3.

My throat still feels scratchy when I vape and after 2 or 3 puffs I can't really taste the flavour. Well, actually, the only flavour I've really managed to really taste is VK Cotton Candy. And I can taste some pina colada. Is this normal? Will this change when the stinkies are out of my system?

Because, truth be told, I'm a little underwhelmed

There are some good answers above... Have you tried Menthol Ice? And Vapour Mountain juices are much easier on the throat... the real issue with vaping is finding your juice...

Which 8 juices have you got?

I've got VK cotton candy, pina colada, vanilla cream, cheesecake, choc mint, choc coconut, cherry and banana

There are some good answers above... Have you tried Menthol Ice? And Vapour Mountain juices are much easier on the throat... the real issue with vaping is finding your juice...

The menthol Ice is the one I'm getting next.

Back