And so it was writ...

Apple lips??

5f19060519f58b315035cc8a-large.jpg

Puns and One-liners

Einstein developed a theory about space, and it was about time too.

My friend really changed when she become vegan. It’s like I’ve never seen herbivore.

If you love boys and girls but are still single, I suppose you’re just meant to be bi yourself for a while.

QUESTION
A man makes a claim that he can predict the exact score of every football game, before it begins. And he's always right. How's that possible?

ANSWER
He says the score before every football game begins is 0-0.

This appeared, along with photo, on one of our local FB groups yesterday.
Seriously? I'm obviously out of touch with the ways that things are done nowadays.

TEXT.jpg
looking for work.jpg

This appeared, along with photo, on one of our local FB groups yesterday.
Seriously? I'm obviously out of touch with the ways that things are done nowadays.

View attachment 242018
View attachment 242019

On 1 January 1999 I rocked up at my first job (in a warehouse) in a suit and tie, that was just the way I was raised. Today looking sh!t is an achievement. Today it is: "This is who I am, accept me or get knotted, I shall not conform to your rules, you shall adapt to who I am!"

Sad actually, I have a half cooked 21 year old and a far from being cooked 14 year old that still needs to reach adulthood. Like @Paul33 put it to me in the week, we are trying to raise our kids to be better versions of themselves. Parents raise kids the right way, kids grow up the wrong way.

Agree 100% with @DarthBranMuffin to wear a suit and dress up and MAKE AN EFFORT!!!!

My wifes MD's son works in the office with them and they're a fancy place but this child walks around in takkies with his shirt untucked and unbuttoned to his belly button because he is the bosses son. BECAUSE he is the bosses son he should be trying harder than the rest but I blame the father in this instance, its his fault his son has no manners and walks around like a fat prancing pony!

I shudder at the kids these days and the lack of respect most of them have, the lack of attention to detail. The total I don't give a damn attitude.

I work in a dirty industry but every day I get home and polish my shoes. Why? Because that's what my grandad taught me to do, he said it doesn't matter how poor you are you can have clean shoes and clean shoes say a lot about a man.

And guess what? By example my son now shines his shoes everyday and looks smart as anything walking into school. Proud dad moment!!

Agree 100% with @DarthBranMuffin to wear a suit and dress up and MAKE AN EFFORT!!!!

My wifes MD's son works in the office with them and they're a fancy place but this child walks around in takkies with his shirt untucked and unbuttoned to his belly button because he is the bosses son. BECAUSE he is the bosses son he should be trying harder than the rest but I blame the father in this instance, its his fault his son has no manners and walks around like a fat prancing pony!

I shudder at the kids these days and the lack of respect most of them have, the lack of attention to detail. The total I don't give a damn attitude.

I work in a dirty industry but every day I get home and polish my shoes. Why? Because that's what my grandad taught me to do, he said it doesn't matter how poor you are you can have clean shoes and clean shoes say a lot about a man.

And guess what? By example my son now shines his shoes everyday and looks smart as anything walking into school. Proud dad moment!!

The guy who fixed my gate is a local renovator/builder, traipsing around building sites every day etc. but whenever I see him his boots are polished to a shine or, if he's wearing takkies, they don't have a spot of dirt on them. The rim is as white as snow. Clearly he was raised that way too.

But going back to the way this girl is looking for a job ... a long time ago a girl of about the same age posted on our FB,
"Hey Julle, ek soek werk." My translation, Hey all of you, I'm looking for work."

In my comment I asked if that is the right way to look for work???

Well, I was berated, belittled and cursed by other people on the group. In fact, one woman went around trying to get people to back her in forcing me to leave Yzer. I couldn't believe it!!!!

The funniest thing though is that the same woman who was trying to force me to leave phoned me during lockdown last year, looking for vape stuff because she couldn't buy cigarettes. :-D:-D:-DNeedless to say I didn't help her!

Back